Best Signature Restaurant

happymom2one

Mouseketeer
Looking to know your "go to" signature restaurant.

We have been to Disneyworld twice and going in November again. We like to do a signature on our first night to start our trip off. We have done Narcoossee but wondering if we should switch it up this time. I like filets and my husband is the more adventurous. If I had to guess he would do seafood.

Personally, I think Jiko might be the best.
But others might say California Grill or Le Cellier.

I'm sure there are dozens or hundreds of other threads with the same question - I suggest searching for those here on the forum, as well as checking out youtube (e.g. DFB Guide) for videos on this topic.

This is a very tough one. The one restaurant EVERYONE agrees we cannot skip each trip is The Boathouse. They love seafood and it's just one of their favorites. We also love Jiko but that is a treat when we stay at AK (because we don't like to go out of our way when at other resorts) and we love Narcoosees and California Grill. I also really enjoy the Brown Derby. They have the most amazing crab appetizer that makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Love so many of them but nothing can top Cali Grill in terms of quality, location and opportunity to view fireworks from the balcony or from your table

Cali Grill Brunch. My absolute favourite meal at WDW. Only reason I am not doing it this time is that I am not there for a Sunday.
The service was absolutely wonderful (I left a card at check in to compliment her) and the food was AMAZING. The view was wonderful, and the band was fun. And you can come back later for fireworks if you like.
Le cellier was great in 2010, but was AWFUL in 2017
Citricos was great, but is closing (and was still not as good as Cali Grill Brunch
Narcoosee's was Fine, but just somewhat disappointing somehow.
The Old Artist Point was fine too, but doesn't exist now

Many good options.
Our repeat favorites include California Grill (amazing views), Jiko, Flying Fish, Il Mulino (if you want Italian),

For a first night WOW, I'd go for California Grill and watch the fireworks from there. It's a great meal, a great atmosphere for a couple, the view of the fireworks from the outdoor area is great, you don't have to use a park ticket.

You cannot see the fireworks from every table, but the view from their outdoor area is really good (better than from indoors). You can see the water pageant from there also as it circles around to each resort. Once the timing worked out where the fireworks were just as we finished our entrees, so we took our glasses of wine out there and watched, then came back in for dessert. Another time (summer so later fireworks) we finished eating, went down to the main levels to do some shopping, and then came back up for fireworks.

Cali Grill Brunch. My absolute favourite meal at WDW. Only reason I am not doing it this time is that I am not there for a Sunday.
The service was absolutely wonderful (I left a card at check in to compliment her) and the food was AMAZING. The view was wonderful, and the band was fun. And you can come back later for fireworks if you like.
Citricos was great, but is closing (and was still not as good as Cali Grill Brunch

very helpful. thank you.

Best date night is Cali Grill during fireworks. Magical. I also love the food at Citricos, Yachtsman, and Jiko.

I know a website started this rumor months ago, but did anyone actually confirm this? I want to dine here in December and just checked availability for 180 days from now and it's showing available for July 19th.

We have been to Disneyworld twice and going in November again. We like to do a signature on our first night to start our trip off. We have done Narcoossee but wondering if we should switch it up this time. I like filets and my husband is the more adventurous. If I had to guess he would do seafood.
In my view, with the exception of Victoria & Albert, there is no Disney managed Signature that offers an "Aha' moment.

Best meals we've had (that are not V&A) have been at BlueZoo, Shula's & Capa.

I would need more experiences at Jaleo to add to this short list.

FWIW, while we enjoy exotic foods, we enjoy the simpler menu of Narcoossee's to Citrico's.

And as often as I suggest CA Grill, it's for the view, not the food.

Jiko!! I have been going there for years and my meals have always been phenomenal!!

I've had excellent experiences at Flying Fish, and I don't even eat seafood!

Narcooses...the food was good but the service felt a bit rushed and also the restaurant in general was very loud.

I really enjoyed our meal at Jiko, and would definitely book there again.

California Grill for the view. Narcoosees for the walk around the grounds before/after. Flying Fish for the Boardwalk before/after.

Jiko’s food is wonderful, but the atmosphere and table layout has always felt “off” to me, and the service seems to almost try too hard.

If you eat in fine dining in big cities a lot, none of them will make you loose your mind from the food or service alone. But some of the aforementioned are winners for overall experience.

The old Bistro de Paris with an Illuminations view used to “wow” us sometimes, but both are (long) gone.

California Grill or Topolino's Terrace for me. I also really like Monsieur Paul, but I wouldn't put it as high on my list of priorities as the other two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!