Best solo park...

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Hey everyone,
I will get the opportunity to travel for 5 days solo before I will be meeting some friends at the aiport at the end of August. With everything I have planned their arrival, I will only get 2 days at WDW solo.
I was wondering - which park/rides are the best to do solo? Mostly, I was hoping to get the opportunity to ride some of the rides and see some of the shows I may missing because of time constraints.
It has been so long since I last went and cannot recall so much, and want to know where I should go first.
I will have full solo days Aug 26 - Aug 30, going to Cirque du soleil on Aug 27 solo as well.
What would you suggest?
Thanks,
J

All of the parks are great solo. The best part of going solo is you can do what you want when you want. You can skip the things you don't like, and ride on the rides you love four times in a row if you want.

Karen

I especially enjoyed Animal Kingdom and Epcot solo. I enjoyed walking through the trails at Animal Kingdom at my own pace, and watched Devine as long as I wanted! It was also a treat for me to wander through the countries and shop alone.

Epcot and Animal Kingdom are my 2 favorites when I'm solo. In Animal Kingdom, there are so many beautiful areas just to wander around, see the animals, wander through Discovery Island Trails. In WS in Epcot, I love to take the time to browse in all the shops.

I agree about both AK and Epcot being great for solos. Those are two parks that really need a slower pace to be best appreciated, IMO. MGM and MK aren't bad either but the other two rank higher due to their attractions.

Take advantage of the Single Rider lines for attractions such as Test Track, Mission:Space and others. Being solo on most of my trips allows me to breeze right though many ride lines this way. I also use Fast Pass when I can.

Which rides offer the solo lines?

I agree, all the parks are great solo. One of my favorites is Epcot, there is so much to see there that makes it really nice to set your own pace.

Even if they don't have a single rider line, as you get toward the front they are always looking for single riders to fill in the cars especially on the coasters. This will save abit of time.

Add my vote to the Animal Kingdom column. So good to just take your time watching the animals and be alone with your thoughts.:p

I want to vote for Epcot. I just spent one day at Epcot by myself before DH arrived. I ended up spending 12 hours there!!! Enjoyed shows that we are usually to rushed to see and did alot of people watching!

:earsgirl:

I love all the parks solo. I like the MK best solo. I like going there first thing when it opens and do Fantasyland.:earseek: :teeth: I go ride Dumbo, then do Peter Pan and then, Snow White and then Pooh. Then I usually head over towards tomorrowland and do things like the Speedway and such. The lines for these later in the day are very long. I then go wherever I feel like for a show or another attraction. Then take an afternoon break and either go back to MK or somewhere else. Each park has so much to offer. It comes down to what you want to do or feel like doing. Just enjoy and go where you want when you want. Don't forget to take time and enjoy everyone around you. Like if you are in Toontown or somehwere else watch the kids enjoying themselves also.

Solo, I like to park hop.

I can do all 4 parks in two days if I'm alone.

It's soo much easier to manuver around strollers by yourself.

If I couldn't hop, I'd pick EPCOT and Magic Kingdom.

I love to stroll along Main Street alone. And also go around the whole park checking out the shops.

I actually ditched DH for a while on this trip so I could do my shopping route around the MK.

Karen

My favorite solo parks are EPCOT & the Magic Kingdom.

I love taking my time walking through these parks and hitting all those attractions that I want (as many times as I want). On my last trip, I did Test Track 4 times in a row first thing in the morning. Walking down Main Street early in the morning and just taking in all there is to see. Sit by the fountains at EPCOT and watch them dance. Stroll around FW after it closes. Grabbing a spot on the 2nd floor of the train station 1 1/2 hours prior to Spectro & Wishes with a good book. I could go on for hours.

ChrisJo, will you be doing WDW with the friends you are meeting later? If so, think about what they may be most interested in (thrill ride people/live show people/park commandos or park savorers) and do the things you may have to skip or rush through with them. One of the nicest things about doing the parks solo is to sit and savor for as long as you like then do your favorite ride four times in a row! Also, think about dining...will they want to try some of the nicer sit-down restaurants, or will it be counter service all the way? If they aren't adventurous eaters, schedule a visit to Boma on one of your solo days (that is if YOU are and adventurous eater);)

Wow, it looks like many of us love Animal Kingdom and Epcot solo for the same reasons!

Animal Kingdom, because of the "take your time" factor.
Epcot, because of World Showcase and live entertainment.

The only single riders' lines I've ever seen were at Mission: Space and Test Track.

(Side note about Disneyland: I did DL solo last August, and I was able to use a single riders' line where none "officially" existed! The cast members directed me through attraction exits of queues with no dedicated SRL existed. It was nice!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter