Best Souvenir from Disney or USA

slugguts

never fear any beer
Hi Disney freaks (in a nice way)
I first want to thank you for the tips I received b4 our family trip to Florida in May/june. There is not too much that has not been done by the Aussie Disboard crowd.
As a family we enjoyed Disneyworld, A Disney cruise, seaworld, Busch Gdns, Universal Studios, various waterparks, airboat ride, Miami, mutiple shppping trips, Walmart, and some varied dining experiences.
Each member has a particular souvenir they bought that brings back an instant memory of our trip.

I bought of all things a pair of Mickey Salt & Pepper grinders which are used just about every day- It was a strange buy for me as I would usually classify myself as the typicall Aussie male -beer, footy & BS

My wife bought Mickey cookie cutter, Mickey pancake - our grandkids now will only eat pancakes if they are Mickey ones!! Also a Magnolia bakery cookbook

Daughter 15- Giant edible gummy bear(approx25cm)

Daughter 16 - Beats headphones by Dr Dre - bought from the first beats store in NYC

Look forward to reading some of your favourite souvenirs
Rgds
Slugguts

hi slugguts...

our favourite souvenir from disneyland was the painted name art we had done on our last day. i surprised my partner and my sister with theirs as a gift to commemorate our first trip to disneyland.

i would really love a travel mug and/or coffee cup that i could use daily for the visual reminder, and it is on our wish list for our next trip :)

Hi Disney freaks (in a nice way)
I first want to thank you for the tips I received b4 our family trip to Florida in May/june. There is not too much that has not been done by the Aussie Disboard crowd.
As a family we enjoyed Disneyworld, A Disney cruise, seaworld, Busch Gdns, Universal Studios, various waterparks, airboat ride, Miami, mutiple shppping trips, Walmart, and some varied dining experiences.
Each member has a particular souvenir they bought that brings back an instant memory of our trip.

I bought of all things a pair of Mickey Salt & Pepper grinders which are used just about every day- It was a strange buy for me as I would usually classify myself as the typicall Aussie male -beer, footy & BS

My wife bought Mickey cookie cutter, Mickey pancake - our grandkids now will only eat pancakes if they are Mickey ones!! Also a Magnolia bakery cookbook

Daughter 15- Giant edible gummy bear(approx25cm)

Daughter 16 - Beats headphones by Dr Dre - bought from the first beats store in NYC

Look forward to reading some of your favourite souvenirs
Rgds
Slugguts

Ooooh I'd like to hear more about the Beats Headphones. We were wanting to get some of these for our kids. Don't suppose you remember how much they set you back? Where in NYC is the store?

hi slugguts...

our favourite souvenir from disneyland was the painted name art we had done on our last day. i surprised my partner and my sister with theirs as a gift to commemorate our first trip to disneyland.

i would really love a travel mug and/or coffee cup that i could use daily for the visual reminder, and it is on our wish list for our next trip :)

I drink out of a souvenir Disney mug every morning and i love it. I have several and I alternate.

All of the sporting team stuff we bought would be my husbands favourites, he and my son wear them daily.

Daughter has stuffed toys on her bed from the trips.

For me, probably the Christmas decorations, Disney t-shirts that I wear as jammie tops, and my metal Mickey head keyring that I use everyday.

Ooooh I'd like to hear more about the Beats Headphones. We were wanting to get some of these for our kids. Don't suppose you remember how much they set you back? Where in NYC is the store?

Beats store was in Greene St New York.
We caught the hop on- hop off bus down towards Brooklyn Bridge end of NYC and walked a couple of blocks and we were there.

The headphones were around the $300 dollar mark and I think there is a better range of colors available than in Oz. Daughter was looking b4 we went to USA and did not buy as they were approx $500 here- have seen around the $400 dollar mark since we have been back.

Also another disney souvenir that we bought on a previous trip were wine glasses with a 3d Mickey or Minnie as the stem - we got our names cut into the glass from the glass/collectable store in Disneyland . wev bought several friends them with thier names on
Rgds
Slugguts

My favorite Disney souvenir is my Tinkerbell mug, it's a great size (not too large) and the handle is really comfy, but it has little gems on with a T on the side. I also got some Mad hatter Tea and a Alice in wonderland mug to go with it to have at work...wish I had got the proper tea cup sets too now!

oh also my Mickey watch! :)

my mickey lunch box..perfect size for 2 slices of bread, so i take it to work....reminds me every day why I go to work:rotfl2:

the GK's are all dressed in their scary mickey shirts for church today...too cute:thumbsup2

Mine is the caricature we got drawn on our last day at DLR. We got the artist to draw us as Aladdin and Jasmine (one of the only Disney movies DH will actually watch), with the castle in the background. When the artist found out we had just gotten engaged the night before, she drew a ring on my finger and a love heart in the clouds :rotfl: It's very special to me!

Other than that, I like to buy clothing/accessories with a subtle Disney design, so that I can take a little piece of Disney with me wherever I go (work, job interviews, weddings, funerals... everything!). So far I have 2 handbags, and a scarf. I do enjoy buying general Disney tops too, and wear them every occasion I get!

My favourite non-Disney souvenir is probably the cable car Christmas tree ornament we bought in San Fran. Or maybe the certificates we got after our mule ride at the Grand Canyon.

From my trip to Disneyland last month, my favourites are my Alice in Wonderland teapot and teacups, closely followed by my Disney castle keyring. From Hong Kong Disney, my mouse ears sit on my desk and I love them.

But I think even more than all of those put together, my favourite souveniers are my photos and my memories! Money could never replace those.

Everyone sounds like that got some wonderful souvenirs to remember magical holidays with. One of my favourite would be the carved out wooden WDW photo frames we got at MK, we have enlarged some wonderful photos taken from PP+ and they hang proudly on our wall. My DH collected shot glasses from everywhere we went, not sure what we will ever do with them, but I am sure we will find somewhere to display them. He also bought him and I matching mickey and Minnie mugs and I love them.

DD13 the pandora bracelets that they sell throughout WDW
DD12 minnie mouse cheerleader soft toy that she got in our welcome surprise in our resort room.
DS11 he loved the naughty mickey and got matching tshirt and snap back hat. We tried to find a soft naughty mickey but they said they didnt sell it. also his DCshoes he got at Vegas.
DS9 - his favourite would be a chip and dale soft toy and his starwars light saber from the night we watched fireworks at Epcot (sorry not a SW fan so not sure how that is spelt or even if thats what its called).

We all use our Wild Africa Trek water containers, it reminds us all what a wonderful adventure we had together as a family. I also got a Disney denim jacket which I love, actually I love all the clothes I bought.

But like JessL says My favourite that I look at most days are the photos, and the home movies which I am still in the process of copying onto DVD. I am a scrapbooker and every evening I am enjoying locking my self away for a bit to go through the photos and decide how to display them and reliving the memories with they journalling.

Beats store was in Greene St New York.
We caught the hop on- hop off bus down towards Brooklyn Bridge end of NYC and walked a couple of blocks and we were there.

The headphones were around the $300 dollar mark and I think there is a better range of colors available than in Oz. Daughter was looking b4 we went to USA and did not buy as they were approx $500 here- have seen around the $400 dollar mark since we have been back.

Also another disney souvenir that we bought on a previous trip were wine glasses with a 3d Mickey or Minnie as the stem - we got our names cut into the glass from the glass/collectable store in Disneyland . wev bought several friends them with thier names on
Rgds
Slugguts

Thanks for getting back to me re the headphones. Wow, those prices are a bit more than I am prepared to pay for headphones for the kids. I should've known they would be expensive since my DH suggested that brand and he always likes the finer things in life :rotfl:. I might have to find something a little more affordable but thank you for the information.

Oh - another souvenir thread! You all know what is now compulsory for me to say:
Mickey Underpants!! :hyper:
yep - wearing them now :cool1:

From WDW - Scar plushie or tshirt that looks like Snow White's outfit :)

I also bought beats by dre which I LOVE....BUT....the polar fleece Eeyore onesie PJs I got in Walmart are my secret favourite! Lol

My favorite souvenir is one that DH picked up on our last day at WDW in 2011. We had 15 minutes before the ME was due to arrive so thought we'd do a last minute spot of shopping in the gift shop at POFQ. The kids of course were loading me up with all their unused snack credits when DH puts a postcard of the POFQ building on the pile. Now I've got to tell you that DH spends so much time on his laptop that I don't think he even knows what a pen looks like let alone what it's used for! I turn to DH and ask "What's that for?" His response... "I'm putting it on the fridge when I get home because I want to remember this feeling. We're coming back next year."

The postcard still sits at eye level on our fridge. Every time I open the fridge I look at it and think about how much we love WDW and can't wait to get back there. That postcard got us through to our 2012 trip and is helping with our countdown to our next one in 2013.

I think mine might be my tea towels. They are something that I use all the time. But I love the pancake maker too, we use that a lot.

Then there is my Mickey and Minnie Christmas banner that I hang outside, I love that, actually I love all of my Disney Christmas decorations.

There is too many to pick just one. But I guess if I go with most used, that would be my tea towels.

It would have to be the memories and the photos. And the joy on my children's faces :)

This is my new favourite, but next time I go we'll have another new favourite

photo-66.jpg

The artist was in the store when we bought it and he signed it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!