Best Time to Buy?

There really is no benefit to waiting at all. The price will continue to go up despite UYs being shaved off every year.

Great reply! Just wondering why did you sell and then buy again? I'm looking at resale at the Poly but only see stripped (no points till Dec of 2020). How do I know the right price per point to offer vs. what they are asking? Thanks!
To answer your first question - I bought two VBR bundled and sold together dirt cheap (two 50 pts sold as 100 pts) and sold them for a nifty profit. Bundled points are out there and I found them again - this time OKW and fully loaded with '17, '18. '19 and '20 points which I negotiated tactfully for. I rented '17 and '18 points and we are using all 2019 this fall. We bought two contracts at once, so we have more value for potential resale. There are tax implications but we still come out way ahead!

Poly is a gorgeous resort which I don't yet own but would like to. I would go to all the big resale sites and read the blogs and educate yourself on recent ROFR prices as well as average selling prices...of course each resale site only shows their resales but you can perhaps make an average from them. Take notes! Most sites show what is "under agreement" which can also give you an idea of what is selling, however you have no idea what the buyer and seller have agreed to. Expect to spend time with your significant other reviewing this information and educating yourselves. The information is out there and only you know what you really want. Good luck!

Most sites show what is "under agreement" which can also give you an idea of what is selling, however you have no idea what the buyer and seller have agreed to.

This is true. I had made a couple of offers on Aulani contracts and described to my broker via email what price and point ranges I was looking for and that I didn’t want a stripped contract because I wanted to take a trip Summer ‘20. She told me about a contract where the owner was asking $98/pt but would take $85 if the buyer paid closing. I grabbed it. It has been on the website as Pending, but has the $98/pt price even though that isn’t what I’m paying.

This is true. I had made a couple of offers on Aulani contracts and described to my broker via email what price and point ranges I was looking for and that I didn’t want a stripped contract because I wanted to take a trip Summer ‘20. She told me about a contract where the owner was asking $98/pt but would take $85 if the buyer paid closing. I grabbed it. It has been on the website as Pending, but has the $98/pt price even though that isn’t what I’m paying.
It sounds like the original pending deal fell through and you got lucky. Glad it worked out for you! Because you knew what you wanted for points and what you were willing to pay, you were able to jump on it and got the deal you wanted without hesitation. Rather than be reactive, you were proactive because you did your homework - awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter