Best time to go in 2020 - based on NEW attractions opening

tlmadden73

DIS Veteran
Despite having an AP not expiring until Nov.12, we skipped our final (would have been 4th) trip to go back to WDW since we had just gone in August and since nothing really new would be open.

So trying to decide when to go back in 2020 to ensure new things will be open. I know if I wait until the summer, Mickeys Runaway Railway and Rise of Resistance will be open .. but what about the other new things? Ratatouille?

I am also having to deal with a kid in 2nd grade (and soon 3rd) and trying not to miss too much school (after pulling him out TWICE(4 days each) his first grade year for our trips in 2018 and 2019. So as much as I would love to go whenever, that just may not be realistic without pulling him out of his 3rd grade year shortly after it starts.

Would enough NEW stuff be open in mid-June 2020? Ya .. summer heat and all .. but we have gone in late August twice and that month is probably more hot and humid. :)

Ratatouille should be open by then, from what I've read elsewhere, as well as the new Space 220 Restaurant at Epcot. Spaceship Earth is supposed to go down for a long refurbishment (2ish years), but they haven't announced a start date on it yet; it could be down while you're there.

I don't think there's anything else major on the horizon that you didn't list above. Maybe a few more construction walls in Epcot?

Despite having an AP not expiring until Nov.12, we skipped our final (would have been 4th) trip to go back to WDW since we had just gone in August and since nothing really new would be open.

So trying to decide when to go back in 2020 to ensure new things will be open. I know if I wait until the summer, Mickeys Runaway Railway and Rise of Resistance will be open .. but what about the other new things? Ratatouille?

I am also having to deal with a kid in 2nd grade (and soon 3rd) and trying not to miss too much school (after pulling him out TWICE(4 days each) his first grade year for our trips in 2018 and 2019. So as much as I would love to go whenever, that just may not be realistic without pulling him out of his 3rd grade year shortly after it starts.

Would enough NEW stuff be open in mid-June 2020? Ya .. summer heat and all .. but we have gone in late August twice and that month is probably more hot and humid. :)
Keep an eye on this thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...orldwide-read-post-1-updated-9-10-19.3475627/
@rteetz keeps it updated with latest info.

I’ve seen dates for Ratatouille ranging from April 2020 to Summer 2020. And I’ve seen dates for Runaway Railway in the Spring 2020. So, I think there is a good chance of both of those being open by June.

Guardians is not supposed to open until later, 2021.

Thanks . .I know you can never catch it all. If I wanted to I would wait until 2022 or something.

But waiting is hard. :)

Tron is set to open before the 50th anniversary in 2021.
And HarmoniUS sometime late 2020
So no matter when you pick, something will be down and something recently opened.

After seeing the construction in Epcot and now Test Track, Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth etc being closed we are rethinking January/February. Probably will wait to 2021. We were hoping mid day tickets would be avaliable for January/February but DH said even those might not be worth it. Wish we were Star Wars fans but we are not.

I thought early March 2020 (already booked) would be our last trip for awhile, but now we are planning a trip in June of 2020 for my son's convention (room is booked through his business) . I looked at Touring Plans website just to see what they are "listing" as ride possibilities, and of course I know they are also more or less guessing, but they list Ratatouille and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway as possible ride choices-I sure hope so because they don't list these as possible choices for our March trip, and I really want to ride these! We may bit be going back to WDW until 2024, and then I will be 71! But I know I will still love Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter