Best vegetarian options at Disney Springs

kimili8

Earning My Ears
Since the park hrs are reduced , I figured we might take a trip to Disney Springs for dinner one night during our August trip. My 3 adult children are all vegetarian, so I was checking to see if anyone had any suggestions or recommendations for great vegetarian options there?

Morimoto Asia: Hot & sour soup. Miso soup. (Ask if bonito flakes are used.) Edamame. Portobello mushroom fries. Shishito Peppers. Veggie sushi. Stir fried tofu. Tofu steaks with mushrooms.

Morimoto Asia: Hot & sour soup. Miso soup. (Ask if bonito flakes are used.) Edamame. Portobello mushroom fries. Shishito Peppers. Veggie sushi. Stir fried tofu. Tofu steaks with mushrooms.
@Campari Spritz: Are you sure the miso soup is vegetarian? It doesn't say it's plant-based on the menu and since there wouldn't be dairy in it, I'm suspecting fish, as one of the ingredients in traditional miso soup is bonito flakes--they're in the dashi as well as floating on the surface. OP--ask before ordering this.

Yes, Miffy... could be bonito flakes in the miso soup. My friend visited last summer & she made a reservation & request for a non-bonito flake miso soup. They honoured it! She also got the lobster Singapore laksa made with tofu instead of lobster & they honoured that request as well too. She said it was heavenly. ♡

Yes, Miffy... could be bonito flakes in the miso soup. My friend visited last summer & she made a reservation & request for a non-bonito flake miso soup. They honoured it! She also got the lobster Singapore laksa made with tofu instead of lobster & they honoured that request as well too. She said it was heavenly. ♡
That's fantastic and good to know. Now I'll put Morimoto on my DS list for the next visit . . . which I hope will be in 2020 and not 2022!!!

Miffy. I can recommend a few others, if you would like. I've been a vegetarian for 27 years ♡
Thanks, @Campari Spritz. I've been vegan or vegetarian for a long time as well, so I'm pretty familiar with where all the food options are. Vegetarian is a bit easier to find than vegan, but the new plant-based info on the WDW menus has been very helpful as well.

One of my fave unadvertised vegan meals is at GFC, where they'll make the miso salmon with tofu instead. Delish!

I don't know if it is strictly vegetarian, but there was no obvious meat in the grilled cheese and tomato soup at the Edison.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter