Best water bottle to bring??

meghanb133

Mouseketeer
Can someone help me out and give me some ideas for a great non leaking water bottle that keeps things cold with NO condensation? My DH, DD age 10 and I go about once a month and I'm still on the hunt. I do not like to share drinks and for kidney related health issues my DD has to constantly stay hydrated, I just prefer bringing our own. I bought those refillable brita bottles and not only were the three of them incredibly heavy they leaked all over my bag, constantly to the point I wash its going to throw them out. If I just get regular plastic bottles of drinks they don't stay cold. Can point me in the direction of something that stays cold that doesn't leak :) !! Thanks!

Not sure if it will solve the heaviness issue as these can be heavy as well, but I love my Hydroflask. I've never had a problem with it leaking (although I've never had it in a backpack for long periods of time) and it will keep ice water cold all day! And they come in a bunch of different sizes and colors with different lids to choose from, too!

While it's not a water bottle, my 5 yr old son carries his own camelbak mini mule hydration pack. Depending on how cold we want it, we just add more ice to the bladder when initially filling it and will refill it with complimentary ice water in the park. It also has a decent size pouch in the back for us to keep his epipens and some medication, etc. I think there were some mini mule reviews on youtube you could look up to see if it might be an alternative.

RTIC has a new water bottle that is like the cups, but in bottle form. Like the hydroflask and yeti, but cheaper. Works very well.

Hydroflask are great and so are the walmart brand ozark trail stainless bottles. They have different lids and sizes based on needs. I use that on pool days and I will have ice in my cup for hours and hours and no condensation.

We use the thermos double insulated containers. My kids use them for school and at the end of the day, 12 hrs later, there is still ice in them.

We have used them for Disney twice. Both times in the summer, as well as me bringing them to the beach. Still ice, still cold.

They are heavier then the plastic types of cups but my kids can carry their own so it's not bad for the adults.

I'm not sure if Disney still does this, but the last few times we were there, you could get a glass of tap water FREE from any Disney quick service. We stopped carrying water bottles because of this, and we went many times in August. Good luck.

I'm not sure if Disney still does this, but the last few times we were there, you could get a glass of tap water FREE from any Disney quick service. We stopped carrying water bottles because of this, and we went many times in August. Good luck.

This is a great option if you want to pack light.

I know counter-service locations give out free ice water, but I prefer to have a water bottle with me because I drink so much of it. Hydro Flasks are amazing, but the RTIC and Simple Modern bottles work just as well for a fraction of the price.

Yes, they still give free ice water at all the CS's. That is the only thing we do - sure beats packing water bottles and having to refill at 'very' unsanitary water fountains - have seen some nasty stuff there!! :eek:

Any water bottle that has two layers/walls for insulation should prevent condensation. Camelbak and Tervis make plastic ones that work well with lots of lid options. The stainless steel ones that are vacuum sealed are usually the best at keeping cold drinks cold all day, like the previously mentioned HydroFlask. There are other brands as well.

I love the thermos ones. They are stainless steel, do not leak, and will keep ice all day. Best of all the it is wide mouthed so it is easy to fill with ice. I always fill as full of ice as I can and then add water. I carry a bottle or two of water in my backpack and top it off as needed. They are expensive but so worth it. Here is a link to mine. Thermos also makes a smaller version for kids.

https://www.thermos.com/index.php/h...e-vacuum-insulated-hydration-bottle-4271.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter