Best water park?

I’ve only been to typhoon lagoon, planning on doing BB this year. However they are *definitely* worth going.

The wave machine at TL is unbelievable. The water coaster is novel albeit a bit short. Lazy river is always pleasant. There is also a substantial beach to relax at.

When DS was growing up we went to both water parks every year. I would take a look at what they offer & see what you think you’ll like. They are definitely worth going!

It depends on preferences and ages, etc.
Most say BB has a better young kids area and better slides.
TL has a much better wave pool and lazy river. (BB lazy river is rather shallow, so I can’t ride in a tube)

Surprisingly, my kids prefer the wave pool and lazy river to slides, so we prefer TL.

The mini-donuts almost make either park worthwhile ;)

We just took our DS 9 & DD 15 to BB for the first time and they had a blast. We were there for about 4-5 hours and they were not bored. They were not into the body slides but loved the tube rides. We spent some time in the wave pool and did a lap in the lazy river. In September we will be taking them to TL.

They are both awesome but I think Blizzard Beach is better. There are quite a few more slides/rides-- Typhoon is pretty small. And the theme is more unique, more Disney.

During the summer heat, we do a day at our favorite water park, Typhoon Lagoon. Though both parks offer similar slides/rafts/lazy rivers and wave pools, the differences break people into 2 camps.

Camp TL - Typhoon Lagoon"s Wave Pool, we prefer it because it provides really big, fun waves and does not allow tubes of any kind. People get in and hang at their foot level so you're not all bunched up like at BB.The water slides are a little less boisterous than BB and we love TL's tropical/shipwreck design of the park. TL's lazy river is fun.

Camp BB - Blizzard Beach's Wave pool I detest and I can't stress that enough, it gets too full of tubes and people and makes it feel like you're bobbing and swimming in other people's dirty bath water. BB's lazy river is hands down better than TL's, the family raft ride is also a bit better. And if you like more adventurous slides, then BB is for you.

Notable Mentions:

At the entrance of both parks, a cart that sells fresh, warm baby donuts with raspberry, chocolate or vanilla sauce.

Both parks have bars that make frozen Mai-Tai's that are so good, a break from the heat!

DW and I (both 60 yo) prefer Blizzard Beach due to IMO a better lazy river and we love the ski lift.

We have been to both and they are absolutely worth going! We prefer TL but really like them both.
Love the heated water and I could spend hours in the lazy river alone.

Typhoon Lagoon has it over Blizzard Beach. The wave pool beats the dumb bobbing pool any day. But if you are into slides, you may like BB better.

We go for Typhoon Lagoon also, better chances of getting a place to sit in a shaded area and the crusher gusher is great for the G-Kids.

Last edited:
My family prefers BB. This may be because we were chosen as BB Family of the Day.

BB has a funnier theme. TL theme is executed very well but is less extravagant. I prefer "right in your face" silly ambience. Also BB has gondolas to get at the top of the slides, so you don't have to walk the stairs.

I prefer typhoon lagoon. More Shade!
Besides that when lines are long that wave pool is FUN!!!! And a great place to chill!
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter