Best way to book non-home resorts at 7 mo. -- RAT or

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
I'm getting ready to switch part of our reservation next week, which is the 7 month mark and this is my first time (new DVC member!).

I've read about the 2 browser method and am ready to do that right at 8am, but am wondering the best/fastest way to reserve the new room. Is it by searching the RAT or through My Vacations > Book Online? I'm guessing the later is faster because you input the exact resort/room type you want, instead of having to scroll through all the resorts, but wanted to get the expert opinion on here :-)

It won't make a difference really. Either way you end up at the same screen and then just need to be ready to search once it hits 8:00.

I would check the RAT prior to 8am to confirm your choice is still available, but in order to skip the extra step at 8am starting at the "Book Online" is going to be your quickest way to securing the room IMO.

You mention that you want to change “part of [your] reservation.” If you mean you have, for example, one reservation for a week and you want to change three of the days to a different resort, then that really cannot be done online. Instead, you need to call MS at or after 9 a.m. As to any one reservation, the only way it can be changed online is to cancel the whole thing and rebook. It is that process for which you can use the two browser method. If, at 11 months, you want to reserve your home resort for the entire trip but then change certain days to another resort at 7months out, what you should do at 11 months out is make two separate reservations at your home resort, one for the time you want to change and one for the rest of the time. Then at 7months out you can use the two browser method to change the portion of the trip you want to change.

You mention that you want to change “part of [your] reservation.” If you mean you have, for example, one reservation for a week and you want to change three of the days to a different resort, then that really cannot be done online. Instead, you need to call MS at or after 9 a.m. As to any one reservation, the only way it can be changed online is to cancel the whole thing and rebook. It is that process for which you can use the two browser method. If, at 11 months, you want to reserve your home resort for the entire trip but then change certain days to another resort at 7months out, what you should do at 11 months out is make two separate reservations at your home resort, one for the time you want to change and one for the rest of the time. Then at 7months out you can use the two browser method to change the portion of the trip you want to change.

Oh sorry that was just me not describing it well. I actually booked my home resort as two separate reservations so I could change just half to the new resort. But thank you for making sure!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter