Best way to get to AK for RD. No Car

mbrittb00

DIS Veteran
My wife and I are going to be a WDW next weekend (Nov 2nd - 6th) for the Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend. We are planning to go to AK on Friday (Nov. 3rd) and are wanting to be there for RD (9am opening). We do NOT have to be the first at the turnstiles, but want to be relatively close. Plan is to go straight to FoP. I was thinking we should try to get there around 7am. Since we are flying and thus don't have a car, and 7am is before the busses start to run, what is the best way to get there. We are staying at AS Sports.

Thanks.

My wife and I are going to be a WDW next weekend (Nov 2nd - 6th) for the Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend. We are planning to go to AK on Friday (Nov. 3rd) and are wanting to be there for RD (9am opening). We do NOT have to be the first at the turnstiles, but want to be relatively close. Plan is to go straight to FoP. I was thinking we should try to get there around 7am. Since we are flying and thus don't have a car, and 7am is before the busses start to run, what is the best way to get there. We are staying at AS Sports.

Thanks.

Nope, buses will likely already be running at 7:00a.

I wonder if CMs are told to say 1 hour before park opening. I was there beginning of September, asked 4 CMs and all said one hour before. I knew it wasn't the case but I was interested if any would deviate.

I feel like I say this a lot:

You can never trust a CM to give you accurate information about anything that isn't directly related to their job.

But you would think the Concierge giving THEIR guest info on transportation from THEIR resort, WOULD be related to their job. :)

Thanks.

Take the bus. There should be one around 6:30

Take the bus. There should be one around 6:30

So my wife and I showed up at the bus stop at Sports at 6:40 this morning. The marque listed the next AK bus at 6:52. So we waited. At 6:52 the marque dropped the AK time (blank) and a couple of minutes later a new time popped up for 7:17. Frustrating. The Wine & Dine 5k is this morning at AK so we are catching a runners bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter