• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to get to port?

DisneyDuo

A perplexed friend said to me, "You must fart Pixi
Just got our docs for the Super Bowl cruise on the Wonder. Thought my DH signed us up for bus transfer from Polynesian to the port - but he didn't!

Opinions on the best way to get there? We will have our car, so we could drive. Or should we get signed up for the DCL bus? Or hire a towncar? We are concerned about both time and $$. We are coming back to WDW afterwards for a few more days.

Thanks!

We have cruised twice with Disney. It is absolutely a breeze to drive to. The first time we drove our own car, went right through
security and parked. The last time we had rented a car through Avis at the Raddison which was fine, but had to wait a signficant time when we returned for my husband to take their shuttle (they only one person to go) and then come back to pick us up along with a lot of luggage. Our opinion is to take your own car..
when you return to port it will be there handy--just load up and leave. No looking for a limo or shuttle.

Thanks for your suggestions! Our TA says the cost to ride the Disney bus is $69 per person, so driving is definitely the cheaper way! Plus then we can go on our schedule!

I agree that if you have your own car, and you follow Dave's excellent map and directions, you shouldn't have any problems, and that would be the plan for you to drive over to the port.

I don't like to drive on vacation, so we always use Happy Limo. But we've made the trip many times, and if you choose to drive I'm sure you will have no problems. It looks like a pretty much straight shot, and the signs are very helpful. So far we've never seen much traffic either (maybe we are just lucky!).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter