Best Western Courtesy Inn

mickey4ver

It All Started with a Mouse!
Ok, after going round and round, I'm trying to find a hotel to suit the family...we have stayed on site in the past, but just don't really have the $$ this trip...it will be 4 adults with 2 kidlettes: ages 1 and 5.

I had a ressie for a suite at Best Western Raffles, but read some disparaging reports online about people that stayed there, so now I'm torn. I made ressies at the BW Courtesy Inn getting us 2 rooms, which is steeper than the suite at BW Raffles, but would like comments as to how good/bad that place is....decisions, decisions.........any comments or help is greatly appreciated. I am trying to stay close to the parks so we can walk to them as opposed to driving or taking the shuttle. The Candy Cane and HOJO I know get rave reviews, but again, booking 2 rooms is running the cost up. I am open to all suggestions, so please feel free to give them to me....thanks.......... :flower:

We'll be at DL next week - fortunatly we have relatives nearby, but we wanted to stay 1 night. We have 5 going, so I checked out all the Embassy Suite hotels, but nothing was available. We've stayed at the DL Hotel, but I didn't want to spend the $$ this trip. My brother-in-law suggested the Annabella Hotel. http://www.anabellahotel.com/ They've stayed there and said it was very nice. It's within walking distance of the parks. We got a mini-suite for $129. a night. I hope it's okay. It has a queen bed, a sleeper sofa and a daybed. I'll know better after I've been there if it could hold 6.

PrinccessJ...........THANK you so much.........I'll await to hear from you! That will be great if you would let me know your thoughts on the place you are staying and I would appreciate it so much. Have a wonderful time.... :flower:

BW Courtesy is not what I would consider walking distance. If I remember correctly, it is behind the DL parking structure with no way to cut through, you have to go completely around. I have not stayed there so I can't comment on the hotel itself. As for the Anabella, it's walkable, but farther than I prefer to stay. The grounds are really nice, the rooms large a clean. (But I haven't stayed in any of their suites, so I can't comment on those). There is no continental breakfast at the Anabella, which for me is another drawback.

I prefer to stay on Harbor Bl. The Carousel, Tropicana and Desert Inn all have suites and offer AAA and Entertainment discounts. You can usually get a good rate if they are not full. Each of these hotels are right across the street. You will be at the park gates in 10 minutes. I have not stayed in a suite at the Tropicana, but the regular rooms are good. The Carousel has a 2 bath suite that is fantastic. 2 queens and a bath in one room, with an additional room that has another queen and full bath. The Desert Inn has a jr suits that has a parlor area with a sofa bed, then a separated bedroom with 2 queens and a bath.

Thanks so much, I will look into the places you suggested...after reading further I may pass on the BW Courtesy..........I might even bite the bullet and just get 2 rooms for us at the HOJO which gets excellent reviews.

Again, thanks :)

Mickey4ver - well we're back from CA. Arrived at home about 2AM this morning. We stayed at the Anabella Hotel Monday night. We drove there in the morning, checked in about 9am to get the parking permit. We walked over to DL. From the Anabella hotel to the lobby of the Grand CA Hotel it took us 10 minutes. Takes about another 5 minutes to the parks. My husband went back later to get our room & put the luggage in it. He took the Lion King Tram to the Timon parking lot and then a short walk to the hotel. Anyway the mini-suite was very nice. It had a queen bed, a pullout double bed (sleeper sofa) and in a separate room was a day bed with a TV and a fridge. There was a long marble counter with coffee pot, etc. and closet at the end with a safe, ironing board & iron. The bathroom was large and all marble (or look alike marble). Very comfortable for 5 Adults. There's plenty of room for a crib, or air mattress. We were on the bottom floor with sort of a private patio with table & 4 chairs and a lounge chair. I took some photos, and we got a great map - I'll have to get someone to help me attach them so you can see. The price was $129 a night. $149.50 with tax. It didn't have the free breakfast, but that didn't matter to us - we just ate an early lunch before the crowds. So that's it. Hope it helps you a bit. There's so many hotels to choose from. At the time you're going, you should be able to get just about any of them. I was just thrilled to get something so late & of course we happen to be there around the 17th! Good luck!

PrincessJ, sounds like you had a wonderful time :flower: Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about the hotel. I SO appreciate it :flower2:

I've been going back and forth and getting some responses on threads, and I think ;) I'm going to stick to the BWPPI, simply because of the short walking distance and having two young ones along, 5 and 1. If it were just us adults, I might opt for something else...and then again I wouldn't need to be worrying about a suite sized room :p ;)

Glad you had a great trip and enjoyed it all. It's so sad, all the obsessing and then POOF....the trip is behind us...........

When you get rested up and back on east coast time, tell us all about the 50th anniversary and what you saw and did.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter