Best wheelchair rental for Disney for a small teen

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
My daughter has been using a special needs stroller when we travel to Disney as the walking and heat are too much. The combined weight of her and the weight of the medical stuff we need to carry has reached the max of most special needs rental strollers, so we need to go with a wheelchair. When we were visiting for one day, we used in-park rental- but that meant I had to carry all her stuff from the parking lot to the rental area (too Heavy) . So, next trip, I'd like to do an off site rental. She is about the size of a 11-12 yr old. The Disney rental wasn't very comfortable- has to pad the seat with my sweatshirt, which helped minimally) Please suggest places and your personal experiences. Thanks.

Check some of wheelchair vendors listed in the disABILITIES FAQs thread pinned near the top of this forum. Last I checked, 1 or 2 of them offered a smaller-seat wheelchair. It will be much more comfortable for her.

Enjoy your vacation!

Please consider bringing a wheelchair cushion. It will make a world of difference in her comfort level. If you prefer, a bed pillow from the room will certainly help.

Check some of wheelchair vendors listed in the disABILITIES FAQs thread pinned near the top of this forum. Last I checked, 1 or 2 of them offered a smaller-seat wheelchair. It will be much more comfortable for her.

Enjoy your vacation!
I think Walker and Orlando Medical Rentals.

they do make pediatric wheelchairs but whether or not any off site vendor has them( or one that would work for her size) is not something that is widely known.. so you will need to call around. and don't discount local vendors as well.. DME does not cost anything to fly and she can be wheeled right up to the plane( if applicable)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter