Best & Worst / ineffective "worst" voting

smw

Mouseketeer
I really enjoy these shows but does it bother anyone else that the voting method for the "worst" categories makes no sense? You don't get an accurate read if you ask people to vote for their favorite something and then call the 3 somethings with the least votes the "worst." This is like ranking the top 20 restaurants in NYC and then saying #18, 19, and 20 are the 3 worst.

Really need to ask what people think the best are and then ask an altogether separate question for the worst.

I agree with this as well. Love the show so definitely keep them coming but I would really like to see a separate poll for the worst category to eliminate "forgotten places" from being the worst. Hey, in fact that might be a really cool category in and of itself you guys could do, like a top 5 most forgotten of any given category as decided by the hosts instead of us guys. Thanks!

I totally agree with this, I was thinking how I could word it to post in the comments of the video yesterday but had to run out. Really to get proper results you would need to run two seperate polls

I have to agree; My worst is far different than my least best. In these cases they are lists of best of and least best of, but worst sounds better.

If I voted for worst QS there would be names that wouldn't appear on anyones best of. Plus people would hang me in effigy for my views of Pinocchio's Village Haus.

I have to agree; My worst is far different than my least best. In these cases they are lists of best of and least best of, but worst sounds better.

If I voted for worst QS there would be names that wouldn't appear on anyones best of. Plus people would hang me in effigy for my views of Pinocchio's Village Haus.
I feel the same way about Casey's. BLECK!

Last edited:

I totally agree with this, I was thinking how I could word it to post in the comments of the video yesterday but had to run out. Really to get proper results you would need to run two seperate polls

I also totally agree - and maybe do it that you can pick up to 5 of your favorite and then 5 worst/least favorite or something.

Thinking of the hotel for couples - not voting for a place as a top choice for couples to stay at is very different than voting for something you think is specifically not good for couples

I also totally agree - and maybe do it that you can pick up to 5 of your favorite and then 5 worst/least favorite or something.

Thinking of the hotel for couples - not voting for a place as a top choice for couples to stay at is very different than voting for something you think is specifically not good for couples
Exactly! So in effect, by choosing 5 places I think are great for couples, I'm at the same time saying that ALL the other properties are the worst for couples when in reality one of the places I didn't choose is actually my number 6.

Is it really that hard to just do two polls?

Best....

Worst...

Because seriously, this method is indeed flawed. It would never stand up in a scientific study of anything.

Exactly! So in effect, by choosing 5 places I think are great for couples, I'm at the same time saying that ALL the other properties are the worst for couples when in reality one of the places I didn't choose is actually my number 6.

yeah, definitely. But also I think there is a difference between thinking something is "no so great that I need to highlight it as being a great option - but isn't necessarily bad" vs "this place is not good for couples and they should avoid it!" ... I guess, I mean there is a difference between "neutral" and "negative"

Is it really that hard to just do two polls?

Best....

Worst...

Because seriously, this method is indeed flawed. It would never stand up in a scientific study of anything.

I wonder if they can make it a ranking poll 1 through N. I think that would solve this conundrum sufficiently.

I wonder if they can make it a ranking poll 1 through N. I think that would solve this conundrum sufficiently.
Don't go bringing N into this. N did nothing wrong.

Can you imagine the time it would take to compile the data issued for all the QS? You would need some sort of computing machine to average then quantify results. Even worse is I would have to sit there debating if Pizza Planet (I don't care what Disney says, that is the name of the best pizza MGM) is #72 or more like #79.

Don't go bringing N into this. N did nothing wrong.

Can you imagine the time it would take to compile the data issued for all the QS? You would need some sort of computing machine to average then quantify results. Even worse is I would have to sit there debating if Pizza Planet (I don't care what Disney says, that is the name of the best pizza MGM) is #72 or more like #79.

Ha! So true, so true. Pizza Planet is way underrated BTW.

Agreed. I had never heard of the worse, including the seasonal locations seemed "unfair."
But this is all in silly fun so I guess we don't need to be scientific or fair I suppose.
I am dying laughing thinking about Pete who despite 37 disclaimers is reading two threads about the flaws of B&W :badpc: Hahaha.

Haha I was referring to when they do their personal list and say,"this is only our opinions, no one is wrong, blah, blah." He is so diplomatic about it.
Then Craig goes rogue and says the audience can be dumb and wrong in the last one. Hahaha.

All in fun.

I think this came up again with the last one (the EPCOT quick service) as with Starbucks being selected as the "worst" quick service - feels to me like one where I wouldn't even think of it as a quick service location so I wouldn't vote for it as the best but I wouldn't vote for it as the worst either - it's just there for coffee and fancy coffee drinks

I do think they either need to do two votes or reword it as "these are the three top vote getters and the 3 lowest vote getters - meaning the fewest people think they specifically are the best" - and get away from calling them "the worst"

That said, i know it is all in fun and I won't get too worked up about it or anything

One side note - I think it would be cool if they released the entire voting (maybe just in the show notes or something) as it would be interesting to see where some other locations landed on the list

The Epcot one also reignited my question for what counts as quick service. Le Patiserie (however that is spelled) has always been a snack stop to me. In fact it was listed as the best use of a snack credit on the DDP.

As for imagining Pete reading this, not happening. The highest level this would rate is @Teleclashter noticing it because some jerk tagged him.
#ShouldveTaggedRyno

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!