Best Year Ever!! An International Disney Park PTR

Okay now for the clothes....

I made a decision that I want a spirit jersey from every park. I've got DLR & WDW down... Although this one only shows like two sizes available online so hopefully they're still selling them in the parks!

But this would be an okay substitute if the jerseys are sold out! So sparkly!

J'adore 😍 😍

This looks soooo comfy with the cowl neck. And I love me some Cap.

Also they have these snap bracelet things which I'm 97% sure are for children, but I'm 100% sure that they're too cute and I don't care. I have a Marie outfit planned so this little cutie might be joining me for it:

There's hardly any merch online so I can only hope there's a little bit more of a selection in the parks. Although I've heard that they don't go as big for merch there as they do at other Disney parks. Oh well, obviously I still found plenty to buy :rotfl2:

We leave for France two weeks from today! I'm busy making walking maps and daily plans/guides. I got all my outfits figured out including one Disneybound that I am particularly THRILLED about, although since Notre Dame is inaccessible my plans for said outfit have been greatly reduced. But it's still gonna be killer. I still need to make a packing list for DH (and I cannot forget to put a belt on it, because I keep forgetting to add belt to the list and DH keeps forgetting to pack one. Oops).

Uhm, Disnyeland Paris is on top of their merchandise game! I am not a big shopper, but every time I got to DLP I'm just like, HERE TAKE ALL MY MONEY! :rotfl2:
Those Chip and Dale ears are amazing. You've got to get yourself a pair.

guys
Guys
GuYs
GUYS!!!!

My world has been shaken. I am shook. In the best possible way.

anna happy.gif

Yesterday I got an email from our corporate HR group asking if I wanted to help represent our company at the national Society of Women Engineers conference career fair. I immediately said yes because I'm all about hiring more women engineers in our company but THEN I took a moment to look up where it is this year.

AND GUESS WHERE IT IS

The Anaheim Convention Center!

disneyland.gif

Yeah, that's right. My company is paying for me to be right next door to Disneyland for a few days. Which means ya girl is going back to the Happiest Place on Earth and only has to pay for her park ticket. The career fair is Nov 7-8. It goes 2-6pm on the 7th and 9:30am-4pm on the 8th which leaves SO MUCH time for Disney, not to mention that it ends on a Friday so I can stay on Saturday & Sunday for two whole days (and I'm pretty sure I can use the 6th as a 'travel day' and squeeze another full day in there too). So that's three full days plus a morning and an evening.

bring it on.gif

You have NO idea how pumped I am for this! Especially because they might have the Christmas decorations up that weekend. I realize it might be a little busy because of the conference and the Christmas stuff, but this trip will be so cheap that I don't even care. I'm just there for the ride.

So now I get to plan!! Do I do dessert parties? Dining packages?? All the stuff!!!

Bonjour mes amis!

Did you like that? I've been practicing mon francais. We leave one week from today and I think I'm just about ready as far as planning goes. We made the last big shift to our plans today by adding in a bike tour of Paris on our first day. One of Jon's friends lived in Paris for a while and knows the guy who started this bike tour company. It was a reasonable price and sounded fun but naturally I had just finished cementing our plans for Paris when Jon brought it up. So I spent a little time today reorganizing to fit it in. And with THAT, our France plans are finished!

It's weird because usually I'm done with them by at least a week ago, but with the ABD trip this one kind of snuck up on me.

remy eiffel tower.gif

Here are the things I'm most excited about in France:

• EATING ALL THE BREAD. I love bread in every form and I plan to consume an incredible amount of baguettes and croissants, plus everything else that France has to offer.
  • Seeing a bunch of really old, beautiful churches. I love Gothic architecture especially and I'm excited by how much is still standing in Paris and around France.
  • The day trip to the Parc de Chevreuse, which will basically be a day full of walking in nature in the countryside near Paris.
  • Absolutely everything about DLP.
  • Visiting Provencal markets and eating all the fresh local produce
ratatouille.gif
  • Kayaking and hiking the Calanques. If you've never heard of them, they're a series of inlets along the shore in southern France. They're stunning:
[Not my picture- thanks google!]
I don't know if I mentioned this but I actually have to travel for work this Mon-Wed. My flight lands at 7:30pm on Wednesday and we leave the next morning for France. I'm not at all bothered or nervous or worried. Not one single bit. Nope.

Honestly, I'm not super worried, but it does mean that this weekend will be a flurry of activity from packing, cleaning the house, and clearing out a bunch of limbs that fell in our backyard during some recent storms. I want to get them taken care of before we leave so they're not just looming over us (hahaha that's ironic because they used to literally loom over us...because they were on the tree...and now they're not...) while we're gone.

I also got a little more info about my sneak attack DL trip in November. It turns out we actually have full access passes to the whole conference and HR wants me to use it as a 'professional development opportunity.' Which means they expect me to be in some of the sessions when we're not at the career fair. Which means less time at Disney. But I think I can still get the better part of 3 full days, plus a couple of evenings. I know it might be super busy that weekend but honestly if I can just go in and soak up Disney-ness and eat a churro then I'll be perfectly happy. Plus, looking at the schedule for the conference there are so many topics that sound AMAZING (with a ton of stuff around gender equity and parity and encouraging young girls and women to pursue STEM fields). If this conference weren't in Anaheim then I would easily have the time of my life at the conference alone. That being said, the fact that it's right next to Disney means I'll probably be pretty antsy most of the time.

There is, however, a really cool tour that the conference is offering for backstage at Disneyland. You leave at 5am (UGGHHH) and get to go backstage and watch some of the morning mechanical walkthroughs and talk to engineers, then end with breakfast with the engineers. This is slightly different than the backstage stuff we got to do through the ABD, since we never got to walk out on the ride systems and we didn't get to talk to or have a meal with engineers! I might have to do that, just because it's so fascinating. And I think it's only like $50 which is not horrible. But there's only 32 spots and I'm not an insider so I'm not sure when booking is available. If I miss it it's no biggie but if I can get in on it then I think it would be amazing!

I did book my flights and hotel since hotels were getting filled up pretty quick. I'm flying Southwest into LAX (much better flights and cheaper than SNA for me) so I'll have to deal with the long drive to/from Anaheim. Then I'm staying at the Best Western Stovall's. I've never stayed there but it has decent reviews and is about halfway between the convention center and Disneyland and was a really reasonable price. This will definitely be a trip where I won't be in my room often so all I need is a shower and a clean bed.

Another neat thing is I know the other women going to the conference from my company, so I'm going to try to drag them to Trader Sam's (and maybe convince them to get some Disneyland tickets). So even though I'll probably be solo for most of my park time, I will have some friends around some of the time.

happy charlotte.gif

Don’t stress! It will allll work out and it’s not like if you get to France and forget something you can’t get it there! This is like my motto in life!

I’m so excited for you about November! Seems like a cool conference for you and Disney! Win win!

Don’t stress! It will allll work out and it’s not like if you get to France and forget something you can’t get it there! This is like my motto in life!

I’m so excited for you about November! Seems like a cool conference for you and Disney! Win win!
I'm less stressed about packing and more stressed about getting my house in a state that I am happy to leave it for 2.5 weeks haha. But you're right- I could cool it just a tad 😅

I'm so pumped for November! I love a good solo Disney trip and I haven't seen a Disney park at Christmas in a few years so it will be really fun :D

I can't believe your epic France trip is so soon! I can't wait to see all the pictures, that kayaking excursion looks super amazing!

Disneyland in November sounds like its coming together! That backstage tour sounds super cool especially for an engineer like yourself!

I can't believe your epic France trip is so soon! I can't wait to see all the pictures, that kayaking excursion looks super amazing!

Disneyland in November sounds like its coming together! That backstage tour sounds super cool especially for an engineer like yourself!
It's weird because I have that "last day of work before vacation" feeling even though I don't leave for another 5 days 😅 The stuff I have to do when I travel for work next week is totally different from my normal day job so it almost feels like a pre-vacation with a little work thrown in!

It's weird because I have that "last day of work before vacation" feeling even though I don't leave for another 5 days 😅 The stuff I have to do when I travel for work next week is totally different from my normal day job so it almost feels like a pre-vacation with a little work thrown in!

Thats awesome!!

We are in Le Temple-sur-Lot now - our trip has been wonderful so far! Enjoying the great food and especially the amazing fruits and vegetables here. Oh, and the bread, and the wine! And we had the most amazing macarons I have ever tasted in my life a couple of days ago in Giverny! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Wow, what an amazing opportunity that has sprung up! Sounds like there are going to be lots of wonderful things happening at that conference in November, not the least of which is surprise DL time!

Wow, what an amazing opportunity that has sprung up! Sounds like there are going to be lots of wonderful things happening at that conference in November, not the least of which is surprise DL time!
I’m so excited for all of it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter