Besties, Booze and Brrr!!! With Jen and Joe on the Go 5/8 January Wrap Up and new TR LInk! COMPLETE

Joining in!! I told you you would have this TR up and running fast! Haha Interested to hear how you got on ROTR without the early wakeup call! But so glad you got on it!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

:welcome:

Joining in!! I told you you would have this TR up and running fast! Haha Interested to hear how you got on ROTR without the early wakeup call! But so glad you got on it!! Can't wait to hear all about it!
So happy you're here. RotR is EVERYTHING everyone says it is. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan and had no intention of riding it, and now I can't wait to get back on it. LOL!

I'm here!!
Yay! Thanks for joining!!!!

I'm here too and also anxious to find out how you got on ROTR without waking up early to do it! Looking forward to your TR

I'm here too and also anxious to find out how you got on ROTR without waking up early to do it! Looking forward to your TR
Hi Kathy! Thanks for joining in!!! Wait until you hear...LOL!

I am here!!!
Yay! Thanks so much for joining in Ariella!

We are staying here in two weeks! How did you guys like?
We have stayed here 7 times over the years and it's probably my second fav resort. It's small and quiet and I just LOVE it!!!

Only means a good time with good friends!
Hee! Hee!

Hi Jenny! I don't know how I've never managed to follow one of your TRs :confused3 Of course I've seen you all over many other Disers TRs, so it's high time I right this wrong! So happy to be here :goodvibes

spent some time at FARTS (Festival of the Arts)
Okay, your TR has won me over already :rotfl2:

was able to ride Rise of the Resistance (and didn't even have to wake up early to get a boarding pass)
WHAT?! That's awesome! I'm really anxious about getting to ride this on my next trip... I don't do well with the uncertainty of "will I or won't I?" that comes with these types of things! Can't wait to hear more about it! :goodvibes

Hi Jenny! So I'm trying to catch up around here.
Things have been a bit crazy for me over the last month.
After starting a new job in December and having a heavy schedule with training (I've worked 33 twelve hour shifts in the last 39 days!!!), on top of that I had to live through the blizzard of the century.
If you have time, I'm adding some links here to the posts I did about it in "the boys club". Needless to say things are just getting back to normal now.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ddc-xxxiv-the-original-home-of-the-disdads.3358596/post-61447733

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ddc-xxxiv-the-original-home-of-the-disdads.3358596/post-61451079

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ddc-xxxiv-the-original-home-of-the-disdads.3358596/post-61453147

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ddc-xxxiv-the-original-home-of-the-disdads.3358596/post-61460294

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ddc-xxxiv-the-original-home-of-the-disdads.3358596/post-61471603

Our trip overlapped yours by a couple of days. We were just up the river at POR from Jan 12th to 16th. I can't wait to hear about your trip. :)
Thanks for following along. I love POR and have stayed there 3 times. Ahh, so you missed out on all the freezing cold!!!! Lucky you!

Hi Jenny! I don't know how I've never managed to follow one of your TRs :confused3 Of course I've seen you all over many other Disers TRs, so it's high time I right this wrong! So happy to be here :goodvibes
Hi Tracy! Thank you so much for joining in!!!! I'm so glad you're here!!!! I've followed along on a couple of your reports in the past and I think you're AWESOME!

WHAT?! That's awesome! I'm really anxious about getting to ride this on my next trip... I don't do well with the uncertainty of "will I or won't I?" that comes with these types of things! Can't wait to hear more about it!
I don't either but I've learned to go more with the flow as I've gotten older...

Okay, your TR has won me over already :rotfl2:
Het, FARTS are funny. LOL!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hi Jenny! So I'm trying to catch up around here.
Things have been a bit crazy for me over the last month.
After starting a new job in December and having a heavy schedule with training (I've worked 33 twelve hour shifts in the last 39 days!!!), on top of that I had to live through the blizzard of the century.
If you have time, I'm adding some links here to the posts I did about it in "the boys club". Needless to say things are just getting back to normal now.
Hi Jeff! It's so good to see you back!!! It is currently snowing here and I can't stand it!!!!

TRAVEL DAY...

I'm happy to say that this travel day went MUCH better than our September travel day. For those of you who didn't read my last report, our kitten, Maleficent ended up at the emergency vet for 3 hours the night before we left (I will spare you the disgusting, dirty details. But, if you really want to read about it, I'll add the link here: Desserts, Drinks and Dis Meets With Jen and Joe on the Go! ). To make matters worse, she got sick again literally 10 minutes before we were supposed to leave for the airport...Again, I will spare you the details. Just know that it was gross, smelly and abundant. LOL! Yes, I can laugh about it now but at the time, umm, NO!

Anyway, we got to the airport in record time. There was literally no traffic in the late morning going to Midway. We parked the car in remote parking, grabbed a bus that was already waiting for us, checked our bags and went through security super quick. In no time at all, we were sharing a snack and waiting for our boarding group to be called.

We each got a whiskey and Coke on the plane and settled into the 2 1/2 hour flight to Orlando. It was very uneventful and again, Joe and I amused ourselves with airplane selfies (yep, this has become a thing for us).

We landed. Our luggage came out rather quickly and we picked out our car at National. We don't even have to wait in line. We just headed to the aisle and picked our mode of transportation. I LOVE this about National. It's super quick and gets me to Disney that much faster...

2BE4AA91-7D6C-45BE-9DE9-36CEC5B20C3B.jpeg41BB8952-77A5-48F9-B962-A5E31E263BDE.jpeg2747A125-591A-4CE9-BB6E-3AFBD4AD78D7.jpegDA60D370-D575-48DB-94BA-91916A7A1A2E.jpeg8195159B-1BE1-4C7F-829D-B9B926B0896D.jpeg

Hi Jenny,
Can't wait to follow along with your adventures. We are HUGE Star Wars fans. (Honestly, I think its the only reason DH is deciding to come along with us this time.) Can't wait to hear about your journeys to Galaxy's Edge and how the heck you got on RotR without waking up at 4am.

Hi Jenny,
Can't wait to follow along with your adventures. We are HUGE Star Wars fans. (Honestly, I think its the only reason DH is deciding to come along with us this time.) Can't wait to hear about your journeys to Galaxy's Edge and how the heck you got on RotR without waking up at 4am.
Thank you so much for following along!!! I, myself am not a huge Star Wars fan but I can totally appreciate all the effort and detail that went into SWGE. It is truly an amazing addition to HS and I can't wait to share with you all how I avoided the 4 am wake up call...LOL!

Anyway, we got to the airport in record time. There was literally no traffic in the late morning going to Midway. We parked the car in remote parking, grabbed a bus that was already waiting for us, checked our bags and went through security super quick. In no time at all, we were sharing a snack and waiting for our boarding group to be called.
Love when travel to the airport is smooth and seamless!
We landed. Our luggage came out rather quickly and we picked out our car at National. We don't even have to wait in line. We just headed to the aisle and picked our mode of transportation. I LOVE this about National. It's super quick and gets me to Disney that much faster...
So great! Do you use the car for all the parks? Or just occasionally? I've only had a car once at Disney back in 2015 when we drove from the Toronto area (25 hrs) straight through. We loved it for getting to the water parks, Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom.

So great! Do you use the car for all the parks? Or just occasionally? I've only had a car once at Disney back in 2015 when we drove from the Toronto area (25 hrs) straight through. We loved it for getting to the water parks, Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom.
Yes. We always drive to the parks with the exception of MK. I loathe the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!