Beth's WDW Countdown Weight Loss Journal, Goal: Lose 50 lbs by Feb 2016 with My Fitness Pal & Fitbit

Day 50 of 224, Mon 8/10

Ate 1641 calories today, that’s all of my exercise calories plus 8 over. Soooo hungry, but probably just emotions because looking back over my food journal, I really have no reason to be hungry. Maybe I shouldn’t be looking at WDW food pics. Now I want a Beaches & Cream sundae as big as my head. :laughing: Water: 12.

Took 9,632 steps today. Only walked 40 minutes outside. It was so muggy, I felt like I was slogging through thick air, almost like a swimming pool. DH was fine and willing to do more but I was low energy and just plain had a bad attitude so I called it. Ate when I got home and felt a lot better. Walked 30 more minutes inside plus a store run.

Day 51 of 224, Tues 8/11

Ate 1752 calories today. That’s all of my exercise calories plus 119 over. I’m constantly hungry again, I feel like it's a few weeks ago all over again. If it continues I will probably bump up my calories because that’s what helped me last time. Water: 14.

Took 10,126 steps today. That was a 60 minute walk outside, 10 minute walk inside…with my shoes on this time and a store run. I don’t usually wear shoes when I walk inside which I knew was wrong and I injured my foot yesterday walking for so long on the hard floor and didn't realize it until today. It’s right below my toe and above the ball of my foot. It’s like an electric shock it hurts so bad when I’m barefoot and pushing up off it. Otherwise it feels completely fine, I don’t feel it all. Thankfully I don’t feel it at all when I’m wearing my shoes, even when I'm pushing up, and it hasn't affected my walking outside. I will definitely always wear shoes inside when walking from now on. I’ve learned my lesson. I just hope it heals quickly and I didn’t do any lasting damage.

I shopped in my own closet today. I have 2 bins of too small clothes. I’m currently in a size 22 and I was hoping that I would find a size 20 so that I could monitor my progress, I know I’m getting closer. Well, I found a size 20 jeans, 2 size 20 capris, 2 size 22 capris, 1 bra and 1 lounge pants. Jackpot! The capris are cute too! I forgot I had pretty much all of it. Most are barely worn, some never and the bra still had tags. I might buy 1 more pair of shorts off eBay otherwise I don’t think I’ll need anything else until it’s time to shop for our Feb trip sometime in Jan.

Day 52 of 224, Wed 8/12

Ate 2557 calories today! Not a typo. That’s 870 calories over. I was already over a few calories when we went to the store for 2 fresh-baked donuts each. Can you tell that donuts are my ultimate weakness and pleasure? We used to get a half-dozen each so I guess 2 is an improvement. They were just meh. Fresh, but a little lacking on flavor. Absolutely took care of insatiable hunger though. Water: 9.

I’m still constantly hungry and am definitely thinking I’m going to bump my calories up probably starting this weekend because when I don’t look what happens. I would like to eat somewhere between 1900-2000 calories a day but I’m not sure if that would be too much. I’d like to lose about a pound a week. DH said I should just try it but I’m worried about gaining. I don’t think I would always eat them but it’s nice to have the option on the hungrier days. I’ll probably play around with the Total Daily Energy Expenditure calculator thing again to see if it might work and then try it for a week.

Took 9,495 steps today. 60 minute walk outside, then a 20 minute walk inside with shoes. Still hot, I feel like this summer is hotter and longer than normal but maybe I am just more sensitive to it because I have to work my exercise around it. I like all kinds of weather but can’t wait until it cools down again consistently and I can do my mid-morning walks again.

I'm from Oregon also but live in CO now. I didn't eat at a Chick-fil-a until I moved from Oregon to NC. It's good that they don't have them there because you'd be craving it! They do have really tasty salads also though and fruit bowls as alternative sides instead of fries.

I get really hungry right before that time of the month. If it's happening to you every few weeks then I think it's a normal part of the cycle. I'm thinking our bodies actually burn and therefore need more calories during this time.

Also, if you want to eat more calories you could add in strength training to burn more calories - and they say muscle burns more calories than fat even when you're in a resting state so that's a win-win! :thumbsup2

To help him, we just don't keep the junk food in the house.

Yeah I wonder if I'll ever be able to keep junk food in the house without constantly being tempted. It's probably best that I can't/don't.

He never takes leftovers home.

This is actually something we recently started up. The past couple of holidays we refused to take home any leftovers, we used to take home bags and bags of stuff and gorge for days afterward. But I like it the way we do it now so much better. We enjoy splurging a few times a year on holiday/special occasion meals and treats, enjoy them immensely and then back at home we try to get back to our normal routine as soon as possible. Best of both worlds.

If we are home on Saturday night, I'll bake him two or three large cookies. By not baking a full batch of cookies, no temptation to over indulge. Once his three cookies are gone they are gone.

That's such a good idea. I love that he has a weakness for your oatmeal cookies. So sweet.

I hope this information helps those of you who are figuring out how to incorporate a cheat meal into the overall diet plan without going too far off track. We look at "cheats" as the treats we build into the overall diet not opportunities to just eat anything and everything. I do think planned splurges are important for sticking to the healthy eating over the long term.

Building cheat meals and other treats into our overall eating plan has definitely helped keep us on track. Great advice as always, thanks so much for sharing Kriii. I'm sure it will help others too.

I didn't eat at a Chick-fil-a until I moved from Oregon to NC. It's good that they don't have them there because you'd be craving it! They do have really tasty salads also though and fruit bowls as alternative sides instead of fries.

It's so funny that you posted this because about a half hour ago I stumbled upon a news article from January that they broke ground on a Chick-fil-a less than 15 minutes from my house!! :laughing: I was so surprised because I thought that was just an south/eastern chain but I was wrong they have them everywhere wow and soon here too I guess. Although I couldn't find anything else about the new Oregon location and that article was from 7 months ago. I might need to do a drive-by and see what's up.

I get really hungry right before that time of the month. If it's happening to you every few weeks then I think it's a normal part of the cycle. I'm thinking our bodies actually burn and therefore need more calories during this time.

You know that could be it, the timing is about right. I thought it might be because when I recalculated my weight on My Fitness Pal, I lost some calories. I am going to add a few more calories this coming week just to see if it makes a difference.

Also, if you want to eat more calories you could add in strength training to burn more calories - and they say muscle burns more calories than fat even when you're in a resting state so that's a win-win! :thumbsup2

I really do want to do some sort of strength-training but I don't know what. A long, long time ago, a year or so before I met my husband I joined a gym that had a women's side (it's since changed names and been remodeled and no longer has the women's side) and I got a free session with a personal trainer who taught me how to use the weight machines and wrote out a program for me and it really worked and I loved it. I'm not a gym fan but I've been wanting to do something like that again. I think DH would really like something like that too.

Day 53 of 224, Thurs 8/13

Logged all my food in MFP. Ended the day at 1768 calories, 81 over my exercise calories earned. Water: 11.

Took 9,388 steps today. Usual 60 minute walk outside. Can’t wait until it’s cool again. Then 20 minutes of walking inside.

I broke down and weighed myself today. I wanted to see the damage done from the weekend and basically going over my calories every day since and I was surprised to see that I was down. I don’t want to start weighing daily again but I have to admit seeing that lower number gave me a boost to get through the rest of the week. I suppose had it been a gain it would have had the opposite effect. Anyway, I put the scale back in the closet until Saturday’s weigh-in.

Day 54 of 224, Fri 8/14

Logged all my food in MFP. I think it’s the first day all week that I came in under my calories, eating only half of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1484. I was feeling like a snack in the evening but skipped it in anticipation of my cheat meal tomorrow. Water: 8.

Took 9,507 steps today. Usual 60 minute walk outside, later followed by 20 minutes inside, always watching/listening to WDW trips videos when I do my walking inside. I’d be bored to tears walking circles in my house without them. Overall I’ve been walking less this week but I’m pretty okay with it. I still think they’re numbers to be proud of considering most days I wouldn’t break 1000 steps without my daily walks.

I keep forgetting to go the farmer’s market. My town/area has 4 of them but I want to go to the one on Wednesdays. I haven’t been to one in at least a couple of years. I want to buy lots of fruits and veggies, plus I love their fresh-cut flowers. I used to buy flowers all the time and they always made me smile when I saw them and they last a long time too.

Week 8 Weigh-In Results

Lost 1.2 lbs this week
Down to 239.8

I'm shocked actually, especially since I think I went over my calories every single day but one this past week. Very happy though. Maybe a little nervous that it will catch up to me eventually. I crumbled and weighed once toward mid/end of the week and saw that I was down and that knowledge helped get me through the rest of the week. I'm barely in the 230s but I have not seen that number in I would say close to 8 years! I realize I still have a long way to go, sometimes it seems longer than others, but I am happy to meet little milestones such as that.

I did a lot better with my water this past week, both tracking it and drinking it except for one day. I plan to continue with that. But I did experience a lot of insatiable hunger again this past week just like a few weeks ago. I upped my calories then and it helped so I'm doing that again except this time I did it through My Fitness Pal by changing my diet profile/goal settings. That gives me 250 calories more each day which I'm looking forward to. Hopefully I won't always have to use them but they're there if I need them. I know by upping my calories I will lose slower but I think I'll enjoy the process more and in the end I'll still reach my goal.

18/50.8 pounds lost

170 days til Disney!!

I keep forgetting to go the farmer’s market. My town/area has 4 of them but I want to go to the one on Wednesdays. I haven’t been to one in at least a couple of years. I want to buy lots of fruits and veggies, plus I love their fresh-cut flowers. I used to buy flowers all the time and they always made me smile when I saw them and they last a long time too.

You are doing a good job. MFP is a great app to help you along the way. I love going to the farmers market! I buy our milk, eggs, majority of meat, as well as fruits and veggies. Not a whole lot of veggies right now because of the lack of rain and summer heat, but a few things are doing ok. Hope you get to make it out to yours soon and good luck on reaching your goals.

I shopped in my own closet today. I have 2 bins of too small clothes. I’m currently in a size 22 and I was hoping that I would find a size 20 so that I could monitor my progress, I know I’m getting closer. Well, I found a size 20 jeans, 2 size 20 capris, 2 size 22 capris, 1 bra and 1 lounge pants. Jackpot! The capris are cute too! I forgot I had pretty much all of it. Most are barely worn, some never and the bra still had tags. I might buy 1 more pair of shorts off eBay otherwise I don’t think I’ll need anything else until it’s time to shop for our Feb trip sometime in Jan.

Don't you just love closet shopping?

Week 8 Weigh-In Results

Lost 1.2 lbs this week
Down to 239.8

I'm shocked actually, especially since I think I went over my calories every single day but one this past week. Very happy though. Maybe a little nervous that it will catch up to me eventually. I crumbled and weighed once toward mid/end of the week and saw that I was down and that knowledge helped get me through the rest of the week. I'm barely in the 230s but I have not seen that number in I would say close to 8 years! I realize I still have a long way to go, sometimes it seems longer than others, but I am happy to meet little milestones such as that.

I did a lot better with my water this past week, both tracking it and drinking it except for one day. I plan to continue with that. But I did experience a lot of insatiable hunger again this past week just like a few weeks ago. I upped my calories then and it helped so I'm doing that again except this time I did it through My Fitness Pal by changing my diet profile/goal settings. That gives me 250 calories more each day which I'm looking forward to. Hopefully I won't always have to use them but they're there if I need them. I know by upping my calories I will lose slower but I think I'll enjoy the process more and in the end I'll still reach my goal.

18/50.8 pounds lost

170 days til Disney!!

Woo hoo! You are making such great progress! That change in scale decade is probably a great motivator!

Oh, you're getting a Chick-fil-a!! Well, at least they do have some healthier salad and fruit options like I mentioned. Also, they have a really yummy frozen lemonade drink for the summer - it is SO good and not nearly as bad for you as their milkshakes. :teeth:

You're doing great - congrats on leaving the 240's behind!!

You are doing a good job. MFP is a great app to help you along the way. I love going to the farmers market! I buy our milk, eggs, majority of meat, as well as fruits and veggies. Not a whole lot of veggies right now because of the lack of rain and summer heat, but a few things are doing ok. Hope you get to make it out to yours soon and good luck on reaching your goals.

Thanks Jerry. Oh and thanks for reminding me about the farmers' market. I thought it was Thursday and your post reminded me to look it up and the one I want to go to is on Wednesday/tomorrow. Now if I can just pretend they don't have yummy kettle corn. :laughing:

Don't you just love closet shopping?

Woo hoo! You are making such great progress! That change in scale decade is probably a great motivator!

Thanks Maggie! I do love closet shopping, especially since I wanted shorts and capris and that's tougher to find now that it's late August. It was 94 degrees outside today and the stores are selling long sleeve t-shirts, long pants and jackets! Yuck!

Oh, you're getting a Chick-fil-a!! Well, at least they do have some healthier salad and fruit options like I mentioned. Also, they have a really yummy frozen lemonade drink for the summer - it is SO good and not nearly as bad for you as their milkshakes. :teeth:

You're doing great - congrats on leaving the 240's behind!!

Thanks Dentam. I'm really hoping the 240s don't make a brief appearance again next week but if they do I won't be surprised. I gotta clean up my weekend eating a bit.

Day 55 of 224, Sat 8/15

*Did not* log food on MFP. Cheat meal again today that once again sort of evolved into a cheat day :( although not quite as bad as last weekend (I think/hope). I had chicken yakisoba from a non-chain restaurant. Last time I got it I broke it down by ingredient and estimated the calories as best as I could. I swear the portion was even huger this time. Easily lasted me 2 meals. Didn’t estimate the calories this time like I should have. Had 3 original glazed donuts from Krispy Kreme for dessert. I had a moment of weakness and wanted to get 6 but DH reminded me that last time I said I should have only got 3 and he was right, so I did, and it was just the right amount. Ate a big salad for a late dinner. Water: 8.

Took a 70 minute walk outside today. Ended the day with 8,933 steps.

I was very happy with my weigh in today. Even though it was barely in the 230s (239.8), it’s been so long since I’ve seen the 230s. Years! And it’s really sinking in that I’m making steady progress even though sometimes when I look in the mirror I don’t always see it.

I did change my diet profile/settings on My Fitness Pal today so that I would have 250 more calories each day. Hopefully that will take care of the insatiable hunger that has once again reared its ugly head. Better to lose more slowly than feel like quitting. I feel relief seeing the extra calories in my bank. Hopefully that will solve the problem and I’ll still lose about a pound on average each week.

Day 56 of 224 (exactly 25% of the way through), Sun 8/16

Logged all my food in MFP. Even though I didn’t quite use all my exercise calories, I feel like I could have made much better eating choices today. Processed food does less and less for me lately and takes too much of my calories. I did finish off a couple processed food items today that I won’t be bringing in the house again. Too much sodium today. And I was craving sweets even though I knew I wasn’t truly hungry. Hopefully I’ll make better choices tomorrow. Ate almost all of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1842. Water: 14.5.

Took 9,740 steps today. Walked for 80 minutes outside. I feel like I’ve been walking so slow lately. DH says we aren’t far off the pace and reminded me not to worry as much about the pace as completing it. I know he’s right. We definitely do walk slower when we have the pup. I don’t know if I’m getting burnt out on walking or what. Maybe it’s the heat, maybe it’s poor food choices, maybe I’m not getting the best sleep…there could be a lot of reasons. Hopefully it improves soon because I really do like walking.

Day 57 of 224, Mon 8/17

Logged all my food in MFP. Today was a *great* eating day. Did some much needed grocery shopping. Bought my beloved ham for sandwiches and stocked up on prepared fresh fruit. Ate a yummy homemade teriyaki chicken stir-fry with rice for dinner. I haven’t had one of those in a couple of weeks. They are so yummy and satisfying plus good on calories. I missed them and need to make a point to have them more often. Ate none of my exercise calories today, only ate 1228 calories but a lot of food that I had to double-check my entries to make sure I didn’t miscalculate and I didn’t. I think I just made much more satisfying and filling choices than I have been lately. Plan on eating nearly the exact same tomorrow. Water: 7.

Took 9,133 steps today. Took a 60 minute walk outside plus some errands that got me a decent amount of steps. I love getting steps when I’m not thinking about it. They’re like freebies. It’s like all the steps I got at WDW. I was having so much fun that I didn’t even really realize that I was getting exercise.

I'm late joining this party, and disappointed too. It sounds like you are doing awesome job!!! A quarter of the way to you goal day and you are already over a quarter of the way to your goal weight. That is amazing. I think I saw you are in Florida? Me too, don't you just love the humid heat LOL that is intense sarcasm there. Just think though this winter when everybody is freezing inside, we will still be able to enjoy nice walks outside. I am looking forward to the cooler weather. Anyway keep up the fantastic job.

You are doing a fantastic job! Strength training is a good idea to build muscle. Dentam is right stating muscle burns more calories than fat cells do. Have you tried eating low glycemic fruits when you get that sweet tooth? I'm a big fan of blending frozed fruits for dessert or mixing up a bowl of raisins and apples. It is really great that you are losing your taste for processed foods. This is what happens when your body gets the nutritious foods it needs. Very glad you are fitting into smaller clothes too!

I'm late joining this party, and disappointed too. It sounds like you are doing awesome job!!! A quarter of the way to you goal day and you are already over a quarter of the way to your goal weight. That is amazing. I think I saw you are in Florida? Me too, don't you just love the humid heat LOL that is intense sarcasm there. Just think though this winter when everybody is freezing inside, we will still be able to enjoy nice walks outside. I am looking forward to the cooler weather. Anyway keep up the fantastic job.

Thanks jaelless! I'm very happy with my progress so far. DH's too. I don't know if I'll make my 50 pound goal by February but I'm going to see how close I can get. I live in Oregon. DH and I went to Florida/WDW last February for nearly 2 weeks. Our first trip together (I went once as a teenager). And I really hope that we will be able to do WDW annually in Jan/Feb for forever. We had soooo much fun.

You are doing a fantastic job! Strength training is a good idea to build muscle. Dentam is right stating muscle burns more calories than fat cells do. Have you tried eating low glycemic fruits when you get that sweet tooth? I'm a big fan of blending frozed fruits for dessert or mixing up a bowl of raisins and apples. It is really great that you are losing your taste for processed foods. This is what happens when your body gets the nutritious foods it needs. Very glad you are fitting into smaller clothes too!

Thanks Kriii. I researched gyms a few days ago and I felt like a turtle withdrawing into its shell. The gym scene is just not me. I have been eating fruits more and more. I like honeydew the best, then pineapple, strawberries, peaches, mango, blueberries, etc. I'm not sure if they are low-glycemic fruits or not. I've been buying more prepared fruits lately and that seems to help me a lot to see peeled, cut and washed in the fridge ready to eat. And yes, I'm definitely losing a taste for some processed foods. They take too much of my precious calories and don't satisfy me as long.

I don't like gyms at all either. I'm planning to buy some weights that I can use for strength training at home. Once the weather gets colder I'm also planning to pull out my rowing machine and use it more. Right now I walk outside like you for my exercise.

I'm loving watermelon as a dessert right now - yum!

Day 58 of 224, Tues 8/18

Logged all my food in MFP. Didn't eat any of my exercise calories today. Hunger has been so much more in check lately thank goodness. I've been eating lots of sandwiches and fresh fruit lately. Yummy. Ended the day at 1448 calories. Water: 10.

Took 8,717 steps today. Walked outside for 60 minutes, our first morning walk in a long time. The temp was fine but the sun was brutal though and afterwards from the sweating, ice water, AC, I don't know, I couldn't get warm for two hours before I crawled into bed and took a two hour nap and then felt perfectly fine. I made an effort to get up more frequently from the computer throughout the day to get more steps. I'd like to get to the point where a 60 minute walk plus getting up from the computer more often and doing stuff around the house gets me about 10,000 steps a day instead of having to do longer walks to reach that goal.

Day 59 of 224, Wed 8/19

Logged all my food in MFP. Another pretty good eating day. Ate about a 1/3 of my exercise calories, ending the day at 1594. Water: 8.

Took 9,286 steps today. Usual 60 minute walk outside where I felt a little faster today plus a store run where I purposely wandered around inefficiently just to get extra steps. :laughing: Normally I'm bam, bam, bam, in and out. Another good day of getting up off the computer more often throughout the day. The house is looking nicer to boot so I think I'm developing a good habit there. Win win.

I didn't sleep well so I slept late and then completely forgot about the farmers' market again until it was about 30 minutes over. There's one tomorrow too but a different location that I don't really like as much. One of these days I'll remember.

Pants were snug today for the first time in weeks. :worried: I'm sure it's mostly water retention (I'm looking at you TOM) but still. And I've been meaning to get back into Pilates, three 20-minute workouts every week. I don't particularly care for workout videos, etc., but I definitely noticed a difference in my body when I was doing it (gone now) and I want to get back to it.

Day 60 of 224, Thurs 8/20

Logged all my food in MFP. I didn't make the best eating choices today so I was hungrier throughout the day and I went to bed a little hungry but I was outta calories. Oh well at least I won't oversleep if my tummy's grumbly. Ate all my exercise calories except 5, ending the day at 1811. Water: 9.

Took 9,771 steps today. Usual 60 minute walk outside plus another store run (love those steps from errands). And this is the 3rd day in a row I've been successful getting more steps throughout the day by pulling myself away from the computer more often.

I did weigh today because my jeans were snug yesterday and I felt like I gained 5 lbs all in my tummy and wanted to see if in fact I did. I was actually a little down (unofficially). Another reminder that I should just chill and have faith in the process. I'm actually pretty happy with how things are going lately eating and exercise wise, at least for the most part, water too. The thing I'd most like to improve is my weekend eating.

Sounds like you are doing really well, both in healthy choices and mental attitude! Way to go! It is wonderful that you are losing your taste for processed foods. Trust me, if you stick to healthy real foods for the most part you will continue to lose your taste for the high calorie low nutrition junk. I am saying this as a former ice cream junkie. I don't like gyms either. I usually work out at home with DVDs. I really like interval training with 8 pound weights. Forgive me if I mentioned this before, too lazy to go back an check what I've written already. I started with 3 pounds and worked my way up. You will get a good mix of cardio and weight training that tones you up and burns those calories! The other thing I really love about interval training is that your core is strengthened, which for me has resulted in a lot less back pain. I used to have pain in my lower back and between my shoulders after sitting at my desk for longer periods of time, but no longer. My best tip for weekend eating is to stick to the "usual" healthy eating routine that you have developed for the week and plan for 1-3 moderate treats on the weekend. Pick things that you like but not LOVE and you will be less tempted to overindulge. For example, I used to plan for a large cookie and glass of wine on Saturday nights (prior to the elimination diet days). I tried the "eat anything you want on Saturday nights plan," and found that I didn't feel well on Sunday mornings. Whatever works for you though. I think the best thing is that you are looking at your situation with a positive and healthy mindset. Keep up the good work!

Day 61 of 224, Fri 8/21

Logged all my food in MFP. I ate almost all of my exercise calories today, ending the day at 1796. Water: 8.

Took 7,482 steps today. Usual 60 minute walk outside. I didn't want to walk at all but sucked it up and got it done. I haven't done much of any indoor walking lately and it's showing in my step counts the past week or two. I really do want to get back to 10,000 step a day. I like hitting that goal every day but I think I'm bored of the indoor walking. So I see no real alternative other than to increase my outdoor walks but I like the 60 minute length so...hmm, I'm gonna have to think on that.

Week 9 Weigh-In Results

Lost 2.2 lbs this week
Down to 237.6

I was hoping to lose about a pound this week but then I ate terribly at the beginning of the week and was hoping to lose even a half pound. 2.2 pounds! Now that was a surprise. I did cheat and weigh a couple times later in the week just to see where I was at (I was worried because of my weekend eating plus my pants were feeling snug in the tummy) and I was down but not this much. Anyway, I'm very happy especially since at this point I didn't expect to have any bigger losses. Clearly I was holding onto some water (TOM).

I boosted my daily calories by 250 this past week and that really helped. No insatiable hunger this week that I remember. And the week before was rough. I'm not sure if that's TOM-related or not but I'm going to keep the increased calories as long as I keep losing. I'm fine with losing slower as a result, I would love to average a pound loss per week. I'm doing okay on water but there is still room for improvement. Eating was good this week except for the weekend, that I still need to figure out. And lastly, my steps are decreasing, I haven't hit 10,000 in a while. I need to get that back on track. Oh and I really want to start the Pilates up again, so far I haven't gotten past the thinking stage to the doing stage.

This coming week I really don't expect to lose anything, I would be happy to maintain this bigger loss, of course I wouldn't complain if I lose another half or full pound.

20.2/50.8 pounds lost

163 days til Disney!!

Week 9 Weigh-In Results

Lost 2.2 lbs this week
Down to 237.6

I was hoping to lose about a pound this week but then I ate terribly at the beginning of the week and was hoping to lose even a half pound. 2.2 pounds! Now that was a surprise. I did cheat and weigh a couple times later in the week just to see where I was at (I was worried because of my weekend eating plus my pants were feeling snug in the tummy) and I was down but not this much. Anyway, I'm very happy especially since at this point I didn't expect to have any bigger losses. Clearly I was holding onto some water (TOM).

I boosted my daily calories by 250 this past week and that really helped. No insatiable hunger this week that I remember. And the week before was rough. I'm not sure if that's TOM-related or not but I'm going to keep the increased calories as long as I keep losing. I'm fine with losing slower as a result, I would love to average a pound loss per week. I'm doing okay on water but there is still room for improvement. Eating was good this week except for the weekend, that I still need to figure out. And lastly, my steps are decreasing, I haven't hit 10,000 in a while. I need to get that back on track. Oh and I really want to start the Pilates up again, so far I haven't gotten past the thinking stage to the doing stage.

This coming week I really don't expect to lose anything, I would be happy to maintain this bigger loss, of course I wouldn't complain if I lose another half or full pound.

20.2/50.8 pounds lost

163 days til Disney!!

Look at you go! Woo hoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter