Beth's WDW Countdown Weight Loss Journal, Goal: Lose 50 lbs by Feb 2016 with My Fitness Pal & Fitbit

Soooo, I'm back from camping and ugh, I wish I would have never left. If there had been any way to get out of the trip without having multiple people upset with me, I would have done it. Anyway, here's how the last few days went:

Day 80 of 224, Wed 9/9 (day before camping weekend)

Did pretty good on food until the very end of the day. Didn't do bad necessarily, but it was late and I let myself get too hungry so I didn't calculate the calories in the food that I made/ate. Guessing that I went over a little, maybe a couple hundred calories or so. Not too bad but wish I would have had the time/taken the time to break down the Spam Fried Rice recipe, weigh it and figure out the calories per serving. I plan on making it again but with shrimp and a little bit of BBQ pork instead and I'll definitely calculate the calories then as I plan for it to be a repeat recipe. First time I've ever made fried rice and I thought it was pretty darn tasty. Didn't track water today for some reason.

12,655 steps today!! I'm pretty sure that's my best day yet over the past 3 months or so. Getting ready for camping is a lot of work. Beside our usual walk outside there was lots of running around, shopping, packing, cleaning, etc.

Days 81-83 of 224, Thurs 9/10-Sat 9/12

Foreshadowing: I got more steps yesterday (Wed) than I got over the next four days combined!!

Left for camping Thursday morning. I have been worrying about this trip for some time. I feel like I've been doing really good with my eating, exercise and weight loss and I didn't want to do this trip because I had a feeling that it would get the best of me based on past experience. I always have trouble getting back on track after vacations, holidays, etc. Oftentimes it will take me weeks, months, dare I say years before I can get back on track with both my eating and exercise. Sad I know but there is a definite pattern over the past 15 years.

Anyway, my intentions for this trip was just to minimize the damage: eat to satisfaction/moderate portions, drink lots of water, get lots of activity, nope, nope, nope, FAILED across all fronts. Even worse than I anticipated. Even though I think that I ate less than previous years because my stomach just can't hold as much, I ate terribly, the WORST part was that I found myself constantly eating even though I was not hungry!! WHAT?! WHY?!! We shared meals with 3 other families and everything except the fresh fruit was high fat, high sodium. I didn't drink much water, came home extremely dehydrated (I drank 16 cups of water the 1st 10 hours of being home). And even though I was in nature, near a beautiful lake I hardly did any exercise. The extent was walking to restroom which I avoided as much as I could as it was the most disgusting bathroom ever and to the lake which was only a few feet away. I spent most of the time sitting around the campfire and the lake socializing and eating, floating on my tube on the lake, and in our tent reading. Not much of any activity at all even though there were lots of opportunities. Even though we had a beautiful lake and mountain view the campground was loud, crowded, no privacy, disgusting bathrooms, not at all what I’m used to. And on the very first day I had a bit of a clash with my mother which didn't help matters. I’m almost 37 years old and she still tries to control me and I don't know how to deal with it without drama (which I hate) and I'm not sure would help anyway. I suppose if I just did everything everybody wanted me to there would be no problem at all. I seriously wanted to leave right then but instead just kind of retreated inside myself. Lately I have been thinking about moving several hours away just so I don't have to deal with it as much. Sometimes it stresses me out so much I feel like I can't breathe. Sorry to be so negative and sort of off-topic, it’s just what I’m dealing with right now. Anyway, I like camping but I’m donating my tent this week because I absolutely hate tent camping for many reasons and won’t be doing it again.

Finally, I checked my messages late Saturday morning and found out from the kennel that they had to take my dog to the vet for an emergency, she had blood in her urine. She tested positive for a UTI and they put her on antibiotics. DH and I were both really worried so we packed up a day early and came home. The good news is the puppers seemed 100% fine from the second we picked her up which reassured me a lot. We’ll get her retested in a few days and make sure she’s a-okay.

Day 84 of 224, Sun 8/13

I barely remember this day. We caught up on our sleep (I slept so poorly while camping). I read and watched TV. I have no idea what I ate, I didn’t track anything and I barely moved, no walking outdoors, less than 1000 steps all day.

Day 85 of 224, Mon 8/14

I have to get back on track and start somewhere, even if it’s not perfect, even though all my inner-brat really wants to do is pig out and park it on the sofa Kindle, laptop and TV remote all within reach. I feel like it's Week 1 all over again. Anyway, here goes…

Ate 1624 calories today. Water: 8. 60 minute walk outside. Total steps: 6,952, much improved over the past few days.

Day 86 of 224, Tues 9/15

So bloated today. I feel like my tummy has doubled in size. Oh well, gotta pay the piper I guess. I’ve weighed myself the past couple of days and not happy with what I’m seeing, weight slowly creeping up each day. Not unexpected though. I need to nip this in the bud before it gets out of control. But I had a 1000 calorie dinner today! Ate 2166 calories altogether and no it wasn’t a cheat day. It wasn’t even really bad food or anything, just a lot I guess, especially dinner, enough for two meals. Still struggling to get back on track, hopefully tomorrow will be better. I am glad I’m back to tracking calories even if they’re high, at least I have a starting point. Water: 11.

8,298 steps today. Usual walk outside and lots of tidying up from the weekend. Stuff was pretty much strewn all over and needed to be unpacked, put away, washed, etc. House finally looks decent again.

Day 87 of 224, Wed 9/16

Not quite so bloated today even though I exceeded my calories yesterday. And the scale was nicer to me too. Still needs work though. Stayed within my calories today although my meals were sadly lacking in veggies, we have to go grocery shopping tomorrow, no exceptions. Felt a little bit more in control today eating-wise, my sanity a bit more intact, so that’s good. Consumed 1645 calories. Water: 10.5.

Took 7,809 steps today. Usual 60 minute walk outside plus normal around-the-house stuff.

The Best Part: WDW Special Offers for January/February 2016 will be posted soon. Last year they were released early October but there’s rumor that this year they may be posted a couple weeks earlier so I’m checking every day. Yay!

Last edited:
I'm glad that you are getting back on track after the camping trip, hope your doggie is doing better and hope you are feeling less stress than when you posted this. You've done well overall and can definitely get back on track!

I'm glad that you are getting back on track after the camping trip, hope your doggie is doing better and hope you are feeling less stress than when you posted this. You've done well overall and can definitely get back on track!

Thanks for the support Kriii. I am still struggling to get back on track but I'm not giving up. I'm really happy with my overall progress, I just need to get back to where I was physically and mentally a couple of weeks ago.

Doggy had a relapse which was slightly terrifying to witness firsthand as last time the bulk of it happened while she was boarded. She's back on antibiotics and seems fine now but we won't know for a couple of weeks if it's lasting or if we have to take her in for further tests.

Day 88, Thurs 9/17

Calories: 1619
Water: 8
Steps: 8,017

Finally restocked the fridge today with lots of fruits and veggies, thank goodness. They are absolutely vital to my success so I need to be better about running low or eek! completely out.

Day 89, Fri 9/18

Calories: 1362
Steps: 8,509

Looking at my food journals over the past few weeks I realized that I’m eating more fresh fruit than I’ve ever eaten before in my life. Lately it has been honeydew, pineapple, grapes and raspberries (my current favorite).

Week 13 Weigh-In Results

Lost 0.8 this week
Down to 232.8

No weigh-in last week because we were out of town camping with family. Since then it has been a struggle getting back on track, for some reason disruptions in my routine like that really throw me off track, not just the event itself but afterwards, often for days, weeks, months, etc. I have been far from perfect the past week, really struggling again with being “hungry” all the time and wanting to pig out and not exercise, just a poor attitude really, so I’m happy to see a loss, any loss. It was unexpected to say the least. I was feeling really good a couple of weeks ago with my eating, water, exercise, mental attitude, etc., I mean just really in the zone. I just hope I can get back there as soon as possible and continue my weight loss journey.

25.0/50.8 pounds lost (not bad at all for 13 weeks, I’m really proud of my overall progress!)

135 days til Disney!!

Day 90, Sat 9/19

Calories: 2552
Water: 16
Steps: 10,156

Ugh, this was not a cheat day and still I polished off a cheat day number of calories. DH and I have agreement that we both have to lose weight to have a cheat day. He’s currently still holding onto a small gain and/or water weight but that’s fine, we’re both still suffering the effects of overeating last weekend anyway. Buuuutttt, I consumed over 1400 calories in about an hour and a half today. I still can’t believe it added up so fast. On paper it didn’t look *that* bad until I calculated the calories later in MFP. Looking back I was just making poor choice after poor choice, not really high calorie foods but just a lot of food but not quality food because I was still hungry so I kept eating and eating. It was a series of poor choices. I really wanted a cooked meal but was too lazy to cook. DH observed that part of it could be that I barely ate a vegetable today and I would have to agree with that. The positive I guess was that I really wanted chicken yakisoba, pepperoni pizza, ice cream and Oreos (yes all of them) and I didn’t have any of those things. Anyway, my first 10k step day in a while, fueled by lots of calories and guilt. :laughing:

Day 91, Sun 9/20

Calories: 1847
Water: 13
Steps: 10,331

Another 10k step day. Yay me. I have to do some extra walking indoors to reach that goal. I haven’t done indoor walking in awhile. I also haven’t been watching/listening to many WDW trip videos on YouTube for awhile so yesterday and today, I did them simultaneously. Win, win.

Day 92, Mon 9/21

Calories: ?
Steps: 10,800

Puppers had a relapse today. Got her to the vet and back on antibiotics and future instructions for what to do if this doesn’t take care of the problem. Anyway, needless to say today was kind of a crazy, stressful day. Ate out for lunch, chicken yakisoba, actually stretched it to two meals, used to be one for us back in the day. I couldn’t find my notes on the calorie breakdown so I ended up just not logging it, only the meal I ate prior and the snack later. It wasn’t a *terrible* eating day but I definitely went over my calories I’m guessing somewhere in the 200-500 range.

Day 93, Tues 9/22

Calories: 1838
Water: 6
Steps: 10,299

4th day in a row over 10k steps! Yay me. Not a great water day though and I’ve gotten back into the unfortunate habit of weighing daily again which really doesn’t serve me. It seems like the past couple weeks it bounces all around within a pound and a half of my lowest weight. I don’t think I’m being terrible but I'm not being as good as I was before, you know, losing weight good. Anyway, I need to stop weighing daily and trust in the process that if I stay within my calories and do my exercise that I will lose weight.

Sorry to hear you've been struggling lately! You've still been getting in lots of steps, veggies, and water though and you lost almost a pound so I'd say you're doing pretty darn well! Halfway to goal already - woohoo!! :cool1:

Hope your pup is feeling much better soon! I know how stressful it can be when your furry kids are sick! Hang in there and keep up the great work! :thumbsup2

Hang in there! I am sorry puppy is having troubles again and hope he is better soon. You may have had some bad eating and exercise days but you are human and you are totally capable of putting the bad days behind you and getting back on track. I am certainly not perfect in my eating, but I have stayed at a healthy weight by remembering that NO ONE is perfect eating every day and forgiving myself for bad days (sometimes several in a row). As long as you treat each day as a new start you can avoid having a bad week turn into a total loss of control and significant weight gain. Those days when I wake up feeling the effects of eating too much, it really helps to remind myself that if I eat wisely today I will feel better tomorrow. You have done quite well to lose the 25 pounds and you are persistent! You have stocked up on the fruits and veggies and that is a great move!!!

Sorry to hear you've been struggling lately! You've still been getting in lots of steps, veggies, and water though and you lost almost a pound so I'd say you're doing pretty darn well! Halfway to goal already - woohoo!! :cool1:

Hope your pup is feeling much better soon! I know how stressful it can be when your furry kids are sick! Hang in there and keep up the great work! :thumbsup2

Hang in there! I am sorry puppy is having troubles again and hope he is better soon. You may have had some bad eating and exercise days but you are human and you are totally capable of putting the bad days behind you and getting back on track. I am certainly not perfect in my eating, but I have stayed at a healthy weight by remembering that NO ONE is perfect eating every day and forgiving myself for bad days (sometimes several in a row). As long as you treat each day as a new start you can avoid having a bad week turn into a total loss of control and significant weight gain. Those days when I wake up feeling the effects of eating too much, it really helps to remind myself that if I eat wisely today I will feel better tomorrow. You have done quite well to lose the 25 pounds and you are persistent! You have stocked up on the fruits and veggies and that is a great move!!!

Thank you both for such kind words, your support and encouragement. :flower3: I have been feeling A LOT better the past few days. I think I'm finding my rhythm again. :goodvibes

Day 94, Wed 9/23

Calories: 1863
Water: 13
Steps: 10,783

Day 95, Thurs 9/24

Calories: 1793
Water: 14
Steps: 10,176

Day 96, Fri 9/25

Calories: 1394
Steps: 10,676

^^^7th day in a row over 10,000 steps! Woohoo!! :woohoo:I think focusing more on my steps and less on my eating brought my eating around/in-check. I've been doing much better with both the past few days. I think I'm eating on the higher end of my calories in general but still within lose weight range.

Did another round of grocery shopping today. It's amazing how quickly I can throw $100 worth of stuff into a cart. We were out of so many of our staple foods...again. I think I'm enjoying grocery shopping more than I used to and eating out less, it used to be the exact opposite.

The WDW Special Offers for my vacation dates debuted on Thursday. It's only for Disney VISA members right now (which I'm not) but that means my window is just around the corner, Monday, I think.

And DH and I just decided on a resort a couple of hours ago. Drum roll...FRENCH QUARTER! I'm not sure if it will be eligible for a room-only discount. I think my dates might be but I'll know for sure next week. I stayed at Riverside (Dixie Landings) when I was a teenager. And DH and I took our first trip together last February (2015) and stayed at POP. I'm so excited!! I seriously want to bounce around the house like Tigger. :tigger: I think I'm a little bit obsessed. I pretty much have Disney on the brain in some manner 24/7. Oh well, I figure there are way worse addictions. :earsboy:

Weigh in day tomorrow (Saturday). Fingers crossed. :goodvibes

Last edited:
Woohoo! Congrats on getting back on track so quickly! I'm so excited for you that you have decided on POFQ! We stayed there earlier this month and loved it so much! I am thinking of doing a solo trip in early March and hope to stay there again. I checked out the room discount they're offering through Disney Visa and it looks like it is included in the offer but has a smaller discount (15%) than some of the other resorts. I'll take it though! :thumbsup2

Good luck with weigh in today! No matter what the scale shows you are doing GREAT!! :cheer2:

Woohoo! Congrats on getting back on track so quickly! I'm so excited for you that you have decided on POFQ! We stayed there earlier this month and loved it so much! I am thinking of doing a solo trip in early March and hope to stay there again. I checked out the room discount they're offering through Disney Visa and it looks like it is included in the offer but has a smaller discount (15%) than some of the other resorts. I'll take it though! :thumbsup2

Good luck with weigh in today! No matter what the scale shows you are doing GREAT!! :cheer2:

Thanks Dentam, you're always so sweet and supportive, thank you so much. DH and I are really looking forward to staying at POFQ. Offers for the general public came out today (Mon) and I ran a couple quotes on Disney and then Orbitz but I haven't booked yet. I will definitely book with Disney in the next day or two just in case, but I'm hoping that Orbitz will run an uncapped coupon code soon while POFQ still has availability and then I will rebook through them. Soooo happy to hear you loved it so much. I know we will too. :goodvibes

Week 14 Weigh-In Results

Lost 3 lbs this week!!
Down to 229.8

Yaaaaayyyyy! I peeked at the scale a few times throughout the week so I was pretty sure I was going to have a loss, but 3 was about double what I was expecting so I'm happy, happy, happy!!! I definitely feel like I've found my rhythm again, like I had a few weeks ago. I'm doing pretty good on calories, water and steps every day. I feel in control of my eating again and it's a really good feeling. And I'm so happy to be losing weight. I'm hitting milestones with each pound I lose that I haven't seen in years. DH lost too. Yay babe! And he had a non-scale victory that made me giggle. He needed to dress up next week so he pulled out his slacks that he hasn't worn in about a year and they didn't even look like the same pants. When he tried them on, they were so loose and baggy. It was beyond help from even a belt. He just looked so funny and I bet they would have slipped off before he even made it downstairs. Guess he'll have to get a new pair. Oh well, that's money I'm happy to spend. I hope everyone has a great week!!

28.0/50.8 pounds lost

128 days til Disney!!

Thanks Dentam, you're always so sweet and supportive, thank you so much. DH and I are really looking forward to staying at POFQ. Offers for the general public came out today (Mon) and I ran a couple quotes on Disney and then Orbitz but I haven't booked yet. I will definitely book with Disney in the next day or two just in case, but I'm hoping that Orbitz will run an uncapped coupon code soon while POFQ still has availability and then I will rebook through them. Soooo happy to hear you loved it so much. I know we will too. :goodvibes

I'm happy to be following along on your weight loss journey - it's very inspiring! I am not having nearly the luck you are but I've been sick for three weeks now so the exercise is just not happening. Can't wait to get healthy and get my steps in like you - plus I have a rowing machine I really want to use!

I checked yesterday on the Disney site and the only discount for POFQ was for a pool view room. I wonder if the others sold out that quickly or if they just didn't have many room types included in the sale... I'll have to check out Orbitz too!

and WOW - just saw your latest update - 3lbs!! Dang, you are on a roll! Amazing progress!! Congratulations! :dance3:

It's been far too long since I checked in here! You are doing such a GREAT job. And the trip sounds like it is really shaping up. Hope puppy is feeling better. :)

I'm happy to be following along on your weight loss journey - it's very inspiring! I am not having nearly the luck you are but I've been sick for three weeks now so the exercise is just not happening. Can't wait to get healthy and get my steps in like you - plus I have a rowing machine I really want to use!

I checked yesterday on the Disney site and the only discount for POFQ was for a pool view room. I wonder if the others sold out that quickly or if they just didn't have many room types included in the sale... I'll have to check out Orbitz too!

and WOW - just saw your latest update - 3lbs!! Dang, you are on a roll! Amazing progress!! Congratulations! :dance3:

Oh I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick, 3 weeks is a long time, I hope you're feeling better now. And I think your weight loss numbers are fantastic!!

I still haven't booked my trip! :scared1: Real life and all that, mixed with a healthy dose of procrastination heh heh. Will probably end up biting me in the bum. Orbitz is running a 48 hour sale right now with uncapped promo code buuuuttt sneaky buggers raised the room rate slightly (like $4/night) so instead of saving another $100 or so, it's like $60-something. Tricky. I just quickly glanced at it this morning and was like what?, hey!, bummer. I'm going to run the numbers tonight (hopefully) and double-check with DH and book. I gotta, I know I'm running out of time.

It's been far too long since I checked in here! You are doing such a GREAT job. And the trip sounds like it is really shaping up. Hope puppy is feeling better. :)

Thanks Maggie. Now that the trip is less than 4 months away I'm starting to freak out but that's probably because I haven't booked the room or flights yet. Puppers just finished up her last round of antibiotics so we're waiting, hoping, praying that this time it stays away for good and doesn't end up being something more serious. She's seems happy as can be though. Loves to go outside every morning and afternoon and eat all of her cricket friends out of the bushes. :laughing:

I'm 227 days away from our next Disney vacation and I also want to lose some weight before we go. I found your posts and found them very inspiring!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick, 3 weeks is a long time, I hope you're feeling better now. And I think your weight loss numbers are fantastic!!

I still haven't booked my trip! :scared1: Real life and all that, mixed with a healthy dose of procrastination heh heh. Will probably end up biting me in the bum. Orbitz is running a 48 hour sale right now with uncapped promo code buuuuttt sneaky buggers raised the room rate slightly (like $4/night) so instead of saving another $100 or so, it's like $60-something. Tricky. I just quickly glanced at it this morning and was like what?, hey!, bummer. I'm going to run the numbers tonight (hopefully) and double-check with DH and book. I gotta, I know I'm running out of time.

Thanks - I am finally on the mend now. It'll be one month of being sick as of tomorrow. Crazy!

We decided to go to Disneyland to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday next April so I won't be going to WDW next spring. Disneyland is closer for us and not nearly as overwhelming. We are doing 3 nights since it's also much easier to see and do everything in a shorter trip there. I hope you are able to get your trip booked soon with a great discount! At this rate you will have met and probably exceeded your goal by the time your trip rolls around! :thumbsup2:banana:

I'm 227 days away from our next Disney vacation and I also want to lose some weight before we go. I found your posts and found them very inspiring!

Oh thank you so much! You can do it!! one day at a time. :goodvibes

Thanks - I am finally on the mend now. It'll be one month of being sick as of tomorrow. Crazy!

We decided to go to Disneyland to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday next April so I won't be going to WDW next spring. Disneyland is closer for us and not nearly as overwhelming. We are doing 3 nights since it's also much easier to see and do everything in a shorter trip there. I hope you are able to get your trip booked soon with a great discount! At this rate you will have met and probably exceeded your goal by the time your trip rolls around! :thumbsup2:banana:

I'm so glad you're on the mend. One month, that's such a long time!

Disneyland is closer for us too but I've only been once, for a day, over 20 years ago! How I wish WDW was within driving distance though. I'm still trying to talk DH into Disneyland. He loved WDW but seems slightly terrified when I mention Disneyland and I think it's because there are so many more people or just as many anyway crammed into a much smaller space. Can't say I blame him. You'll have so much fun. One of these days I'll get him down there. ::yes::

I just booked our WDW trip, well the resort anyway, have yet to buy park tickets or plane tickets. I call it official once I book the plane tickets as there is no cancelling those. Orbitz lowered their price again while still running the 48 hour uncapped promo but after talking with DH, we ended up booking directly through Disney. POFQ!! We recently had a HUGE unexpected expense (that we should be reimbursed for but not for a few months), so we figured it was better for us to pay a little bit more in the long run so we didn't have to put all of the money out up front. Disney was $277 more than we would have spent if I had booked through Orbitz (due to Orbitz's uncapped 15% off promo code). Anyway, it was more than DOUBLE what we spent on our resort last year (POP)!! :scared1: It's kind of hard to wrap my brain around. I'm pretty naturally frugal but I guess not when it comes to Disney. DH and I both wanted a little bit of a different experience this time around and thought a resort change would definitely fit the bill but I can't help but think how much money we'd save if I went with POP instead or vacationed somewhere locally. Oh well, no plans to change my mind. I love Disney World too much!! I know we're going to have an AMAZING time! Our Feb 2015 trip was the best time of my life!! :cloud9:

Day 97, Sat 9/26

Calories: 2809
Water: ?
Steps: 10,400

Cheat day! Lotsa calories!! Another day where we bought food that we used to buy all the time in our bigger days and again it was just, meh. I have no idea if my taste buds are changing or the quality is just not as good or maybe both, but DH and I both looked at each other and were like, I don’t think we’ll be buying that again. And it used to be one of our favorite meals too! Forgot to track water again. I really have no idea how much I drank. If I don’t write it down right away, the information’s gone from my brain, never to be retrieved. I need to be better about marking it down, seems like I always forget at least one day a week.

Day 98, Sun 9/27

Calories: 1565
Steps: 10,132

Day 99, Mon 9/28

Calories: 1688
Steps: 10,486

Day 100, Tues 9/29

Calories: 1663
Steps: 10,614

Day 101, Wed 9/30

Calories: 1721
Steps: 10,638

Day 102, Thurs 10/1

Calories: 1553
Water: 9
Steps: 3,546

Tore my calf muscle today not even a 1/3 of the way into my walk. I’ve never done anything like that before, I was just walking, nothing at all strenuous, but the tearing, popping, snapping whatever it was, happened in slow-mo and I just stood there about 30 seconds processing what had happened before turning back and shuffling/limping home. On a pain scale it’s not really all that bad, I’ve felt much worse pain. But I have to say it *felt* really gross. I researched a little bit on a couple websites and it seems like rest and ice are the way to handle minor tears. I’m planning at least a 2 day walking break (I learned my lesson last time not resting after an injury and it got way worse) and then I’ll start walking again slowly and see how I do, then slowly ramp it back up to 10,000 steps. I’m already missing eating the calories earned from my exercise. I’ve been eating some or all of them lately so I’m pretty dependent on them.

Day 103, Fri 10/2

Calories: 1658
Water: 12
Steps: 2,491

Leg not too bad today, better than expected. Today was my first full rest day. I did try to make sure that I didn’t sit too long, getting up frequently from my desk to do this and that and get a few steps. I definitely have Disney World on the brain. I was writing out my To Do List first thing this morning and wrote ‘Load WDW’, I meant ‘Load DW’ (dishwasher). I didn’t notice it until later and it made me chuckle.

Week 15 Weigh-In Results

Lost 1.0 lb this week
Down to 228.8

Love those even numbers. I had no idea what to expect this week. I didn’t peek at the scale even once. Had a pretty crazy cheat day Saturday, I probably should tone it down just a bit. And then Thursday I tore my calf muscle so I’m currently getting a fraction of the steps I was getting before while I rest/heal up and eating about the same number of calories as before. Needless to say I’m a little bit worried about the upcoming week. My steps are pretty crucial to my weight loss success, but we’ll see.

I need to work on a few things this week. I’ve been kind of mindless with my water. I totally forgot to track one day altogether and I feel like that’s happening more and more lately. Then there were a few days I got 8 cups which is okay/fine but it’s only because I fill my 64 oz Hydro Flask each morning and try to make sure it’s empty each evening and it seems like at least two or three times this week I didn’t start drinking it until the late afternoon. I forgot all about it even though it sits right next to me all day long. Gotta work on that. Ideally I’d like to drink between 10 and 12 cups each day. The other thing I need to work on are my portion sizes and eating to satisfaction. Even though I’m eating healthier in general and doing pretty good on calories most days, I’m often eating past the satisfaction stage to the full stage, maybe even a bit beyond sometimes. I know my weight loss would be even better if I was more mindful of that. I can always go back and get more if I’m still hungry but I gotta stop putting so much on my plate to begin with and then finishing it even though I was satisfied/full halfway though.

It’s basically the same little lessons over and over again. I’m really proud of my progress though. I have no idea if I’ll make 50 pounds by our trip but I’m gonna try. I feel pretty confident I’ll get pretty close. Can’t wait for the leg to heal up so I can get back to my 10,000 steps a day or at least 8,000. I really like the way it makes me feel each day, both physically and mentally, and I love eating those exercise calories earned.

29.0/50.8 pounds lost

121 days til Disney!!

Hi Beth! Glad that things are going well for you! You are doing so well sticking with this and getting that healthy frame of mind! Keep it up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!