Beth's WDW Countdown Weight Loss Journal, Goal: Lose 50 lbs by Feb 2016 with My Fitness Pal & Fitbit

Day 104, Sat 10/3

Calories: 1801
Water: 10
Steps: 1,959

Second full rest day. Planning a short walk outside tomorrow, about 20 minutes and see how I do.

Day 105, Sun 10/4

Calories: 1605
Water: 6
Steps: 3,631

Short 20 minute walk outside today. No pain really but I definitely walked slower and felt a little nervous/cautious as I definitely don’t want it to happen again. Every once in a while around the house I get a reminder that it’s injured if I push off of it too hard/fast or twist it, but otherwise I think it’s on the mend. My plan is to slowly and steadily work my way back up to 10,000 steps a day.

Day 106, Mon 10/5

Calories: 1683
Water: 6.5
Steps: 5,006

30 minute walk inside today. I've been sans walking buddy for the past week or so and will be for a couple days more. DH and I have never been separated this long before in our 16+ years together and I miss him like crazy.

Day 107, Tues 10/6

Calories: 1699
Water: 8
Steps: 3,369

Didn’t meet my step goal today. I only did a short 20 minute walk outside. I planned to do another 20 minutes inside later but didn’t. No excuse. I had the time, energy, etc., I was just being lazy and making poor, short-term decisions.

Day 108, Wed 10/7

Calories: 2419
Water: 4
Steps: 2,404

No walk at all today! Ugh! I seriously have no excuse not to have walked, even a short one would have been better than nothing. Although 2,400 steps isn’t too bad for no walking so at least I was a little active around the house. I’m definitely not making the best choices lately though. And I was bad with my water too. Not to mention the number of calories I ate today and no, it wasn’t a cheat day. Half of those calories came from late night eating, er donuts. Three strikes, I’m out. But, good news, DH is home!! I missed him so much!! My walking buddy is back!! Planning on doing 10,000 steps tomorrow if I can. I should be able to, the calf injury only twinges now and again, otherwise feels fine. I’m so glad it wasn’t that bad and healed fairly quickly. Oh and DH was gone during his BD so we paused it and will be celebrating it tomorrow and celebrating for us includes pigging out so I probably won’t be losing weight this week, too many missed marks.

Day 109, Thurs 10/8

Calories: ?
Steps: 10,188

Belated BD celebration for DH today. We spent the day eating Chinese food for lunch and dinner, catching up on our shows, talking, playing games. It was low-key and actually really nice. DH and I don’t buy gifts for each other anymore and haven’t for the past few years, not for our BDs, Christmas or our anniversary, instead we put that money toward something else, a little bit more expensive, that we both want. Two years ago we put it toward a TiVo with lifetime subscription, last year and this year too, the money went toward our WDW trip. Anyway, the Chinese food was yummmmm!! But we both feel like we ate way too much over the course of the day. Felt kind of junky later that night and the next day too. And the cake was gross!! I’ve never had bad cake before in my life!! I couldn’t believe it. DH didn’t think it was good or bad, but I disagreed strongly. I tossed more than half of it out, I wished I would have tossed it after the first bite and not the sixth or seventh bite. At least the Chinese takeout was good. Walked 10,000 steps today, 60 minutes outside with DH (it’s so much easier to knock it out with a walking buddy) and the rest of the steps I got doing indoor walking. Calf felt fine. I have been having some arch pain in the opposite foot for a couple weeks, some days are better than others. I have no idea what it is or how I should treat it. It didn’t really improve on my rest days. I am planning on buying new shoes sometime in the next week or so. I’ve never had so many little injuries before from walking so I wonder if part of that can be blamed on a poor choice of shoes.

Day 110, Fri 10/9

Calories: ?
Steps: 10,226

Note to self: Don’t weigh myself the day after gorging on Chinese food. I think it’s safe to say I will not be losing weight tomorrow. I had 3 high-calorie days in a row plus inconsistent exercise. You can only make so many mistakes before the scale starts tipping in the other direction. I didn’t do too badly today (planned to eat lighter today) until the evening and then we had company and they brought BD cupcakes. Yummmm!! Now that’s how BD cake is supposed to taste! Since they were from a bakery though I wasn’t sure how to count it, accurately at least, so I only logged my calories until then. Weigh-in day tomorrow. Let’s get it over with so I can lose what I’ve gained and continue on my weight loss journey. Oh and I bought new shoes today. I hope I made a better choice this time.

Week 16 Weigh-In Results

Gained 1.0 lb this week
Up to 229.8

Not as bad as I expected. It was way worse a couple days ago. I can manage a pound. My plan for this week is to lose that pound and hopefully another pound/pound and a half by staying within my calories and getting 10,000 steps a day. When I started this journey 16 weeks ago there were five days/events I was worried about between then and our WDW trip: our annual camping trip, DH’s BD, my BD, Thanksgiving and Christmas. In the past, events like those would derail our weight loss efforts because when we got off track, it didn’t end there, instead the poor eating turned into days, weeks and months and was pretty much a vicious cycle most of my adult life. But now I know better and when I get off track, it’s for a much shorter duration, I adjust course and get back on track so that that one pound gain doesn’t turn into 5, 10, 20, 40 like it used to. The temptation to give in and give up is no longer there for either of us. I don’t know exactly what has clicked for us this time around but I have 100% confidence that we will reach our goal despite little hiccups, roadblocks and challenges.

I hope everyone has a great week! It’s definitely Fall here and I’m loving the crunchy leaves underneath our feet during walks, wearing my jacket for first time in months, walking in the rain, cranking up the heat and cuddling underneath the blankets.

28.0/50.8 pounds lost

114 days til Disney!!

Hoping that you are back on track and feeling better! I wonder if you are losing your taste for cake? That would be great!

Disneyland is closer for us too but I've only been once, for a day, over 20 years ago! How I wish WDW was within driving distance though. I'm still trying to talk DH into Disneyland. He loved WDW but seems slightly terrified when I mention Disneyland and I think it's because there are so many more people or just as many anyway crammed into a much smaller space. Can't say I blame him. You'll have so much fun. One of these days I'll get him down there. ::yes::

We haven't found DL to be anymore crowded than WDW. The nice thing about it is that you can go for 3-4 nights and pretty much see and do everything whereas that isn't possible at WDW!

I just booked our WDW trip, well the resort anyway, have yet to buy park tickets or plane tickets. I call it official once I book the plane tickets as there is no cancelling those. Orbitz lowered their price again while still running the 48 hour uncapped promo but after talking with DH, we ended up booking directly through Disney. POFQ!! We recently had a HUGE unexpected expense (that we should be reimbursed for but not for a few months), so we figured it was better for us to pay a little bit more in the long run so we didn't have to put all of the money out up front. Disney was $277 more than we would have spent if I had booked through Orbitz (due to Orbitz's uncapped 15% off promo code). Anyway, it was more than DOUBLE what we spent on our resort last year (POP)!! :scared1: It's kind of hard to wrap my brain around. I'm pretty naturally frugal but I guess not when it comes to Disney. DH and I both wanted a little bit of a different experience this time around and thought a resort change would definitely fit the bill but I can't help but think how much money we'd save if I went with POP instead or vacationed somewhere locally. Oh well, no plans to change my mind. I love Disney World too much!! I know we're going to have an AMAZING time! Our Feb 2015 trip was the best time of my life!! :cloud9:

Woohoo! Congrats on booking your trip! I've heard the spring specials weren't as good this year and that prices went up. It is just so popular that they can get away with doing that and not lose business I guess. I think you will love POFQ!!

Not as bad as I expected. It was way worse a couple days ago. I can manage a pound. My plan for this week is to lose that pound and hopefully another pound/pound and a half by staying within my calories and getting 10,000 steps a day. When I started this journey 16 weeks ago there were five days/events I was worried about between then and our WDW trip: our annual camping trip, DH’s BD, my BD, Thanksgiving and Christmas. In the past, events like those would derail our weight loss efforts because when we got off track, it didn’t end there, instead the poor eating turned into days, weeks and months and was pretty much a vicious cycle most of my adult life. But now I know better and when I get off track, it’s for a much shorter duration, I adjust course and get back on track so that that one pound gain doesn’t turn into 5, 10, 20, 40 like it used to. The temptation to give in and give up is no longer there for either of us. I don’t know exactly what has clicked for us this time around but I have 100% confidence that we will reach our goal despite little hiccups, roadblocks and challenges.

You're doing so well! So much of it really is mental and hinges on how you approach it and deal with setbacks, which are inevitable. You're doing an amazing job!!

Winters are always the most challenging for me. I am not a cold weather person so I tend to go into hibernation mode with less exercise and more comfort foods. I have a rowing machine that I can use indoors now though so I hope I can stay more active this winter!

Hoping that you are back on track and feeling better! I wonder if you are losing your taste for cake? That would be great!

I do think my tastes and cravings are definitely changing. Plus now that I'm counting calories, they are so precious and I only have 1 cheat day a week or so, I have to make it count, so it's much easier for me to decide what I want and lots of the things I used to eat before just don't make the cut.

We haven't found DL to be anymore crowded than WDW. The nice thing about it is that you can go for 3-4 nights and pretty much see and do everything whereas that isn't possible at WDW!

That's good to hear about the crowds. I was just watching a Disneyland YouTube trip video about a half hour or so ago. I like how they have some of the same stuff and some different stuff, looks fun! I'm going to get DH down there one of these days, hopefully sometime in the next two or three years.

Woohoo! Congrats on booking your trip! I've heard the spring specials weren't as good this year and that prices went up. It is just so popular that they can get away with doing that and not lose business I guess. I think you will love POFQ!!

Yeah I heard the same about specials not being as good and price increases. We're definitely paying more this year and not just because of the resort upgrade. I guess the good news is that the economy is improving. I guess I just need to make more money to fund my Disney habit. :laughing: I think we'll love POFQ too. I get so happy every time I think about it.

You're doing so well! So much of it really is mental and hinges on how you approach it and deal with setbacks, which are inevitable.

^^^100% agree with all of this. I think that just might be the difference between this time around and previous weight loss attempts. I think DH and I have learned so much and are committed no matter what. We're in it for the long haul, no matter how long it takes, we're going to win this game.

You're doing an amazing job!!

Aww, thank you so much!

Winters are always the most challenging for me. I am not a cold weather person so I tend to go into hibernation mode with less exercise and more comfort foods. I have a rowing machine that I can use indoors now though so I hope I can stay more active this winter!

You know now that I think about it, I think I have lost most of my weight from the past 3 years during the summers and spend the rest of the year maintaining. Luckily winter weather is pretty mild here but I do wish I had a couple of indoor activities I enjoyed.

Day 111, Sat 10/10

Calories: 1496
Steps: 10,299

No cheat day today since I gained. Can’t wait until next weekend. I love my cheat day and look forward to it all week.

Day 112, Sun 10/11

Calories: 1518
Water: 12
Steps: 10,091

Day 113, Mon 10/12

Calories: 1646
Water: 9.5
Steps: 10,082

Day 114, Tues 10/13

Calories: 1881
Water: 9
Steps: 10,300

Day 115, Wed 10/14

Calories: 1768
Water: 9
Steps: 10,339

7th day in a row over 10,000 steps. I loved watching the 7-day average on my Fitbit dashboard increase day after day until I was back over 10k.

Day 116, Thurs 10/15

Calories: 1431
Steps: 10,139

Day 117, Fri 10/16

Calories: 1718
Water: 11.5
Steps: 10,204

Week 17 Weigh-In Results

Lost 3.4 lbs this week
Down to 226.4

Yay! I was so happy to see last week’s one pound gain come off in the first day or so of the week and then the scale continue its descent. Yay again! But I was so hungry this week! At first I wasn’t sure why because looking over my food journals I’m eating quite a bit of food for weight loss. I’m definitely not starving myself, I love food too much for that. But I did *really* miss my cheat day last week. Anyway, I’m pretty sure the constant hunger is due to stress. Lots of yucky stuff going on right now. I think I mentioned it before but I like a nice, quiet, simple, beautiful life. Well, it’s not quite like that right now. And of course it can’t just be one thing that goes wrong, it has to be three things. Just real life stuff going on that everybody has to deal with and even at 36 years old I’ve never learned how to manage stress well. I really need to work on it because honestly I’m just making tough situations worse.

DH really helped me this week. I really just wanted to throw in the towel eating-wise several times during the week and just pig out but DH encouraged me to just wait three more days until our cheat day, 2 more days, 1 more day… And honestly, I’m really glad I have a cheat day because it really does help me get through the week.

The plan for the coming week is to keep doing what I’m doing: Saturday cheat day, staying within my calories every other day, walking 10,000 steps every day and drinking *at least* 8 cups a water a day to maintain my loss. Of course, I’d like to lose another pound or so, but I’d be happy just to maintain this loss this week and hopefully lose a pound/pound and a half the following week. I’m not sure if I’ll make the 50 pound loss goal by my trip date (that’s a lot of pressure) but I really hope I make at least 40.

31.4/50.8 pounds lost

107 days til Disney!!

I'm so glad you are sticking with your plan and continuing to make progress. God bless your hubby for encouraging you to stick with the good eating habits! I do think you are on track to make your goal weight by the time you go to WDW!!! Even if you don't make the goal weight, as long as you are losing and getting healthier you are doing well! I hope that the stress settles down!

Good for you for getting right back on track! I think you'll make your goal by your trip, no problem! Keep up the great work!! :thumbsup2

Just checking in to see how you are doing! :) I'm thinking of starting a similar thread for my own weight loss goals. I think it could help me stay on track through the winter months, which are always tough for me (I usually gain back the weight I've lost in the summer).

Keep up the great work! :)

Just finished reading your journal, and I hope you're still doing well!

I'm thinking of starting my own little place here too - it seems like a great way to stay on track and also to see some trends that might not be as noticeable just through food tracking and stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!