Better Italian Restaurant

Which Italian Restaurant Do You Like Better?

• Mama Melroses

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Il Mulino

Votes: 39 90.7%

• Total voters

disnmooner2013

DIS Veteran
Which Italian Restaurant do you like better and why? Mama Melroses or Il Mulino? This would be on our day at Hollywood Studios. We love Italian Food and have the rest of our restaurants booked for next May. We did Mama Melroses 5 years ago and liked it; but never ate at Il Mulino. We did not like the menu as much at Trattoria al Forno. We have a 2-1/2 year old who is great in restaurants. After dinner, we are going to the boardwalk to ride surreys.

Il Mulino. My husband is from Tuscany and he's pretty critical of Italian restaurants. He said he'd go back there when we went last year. The atmosphere was great too. A lot more sedate than restaurants in the park.

We ate at both in October. Mama Melrose is good food, but nothing special. Il Mulino was at an entirely different level. Much more authentic Italian. Many great options. We will be going back!

I desent on mama being like chef boyardee. The seafood ciopinni is terrific, and both my Dh and ds declare the steak as best on property. Like Il mulino too, but no hatred for mama!

If we weren't staying Portofino Bay after the Disney portion of our trip, I would eat at Il Mulino again. Excellent Italian. We will get our fill of Italian at Portofino (Bice, Trattoria, Sal's).

I desent on mama being like chef boyardee. The seafood ciopinni is terrific, and both my Dh and ds declare the steak as best on property. Like Il mulino too, but no hatred for mama!

Yeah, it's definitely much better than Chef Boyardee - that's an unfair designation.

BTW the spelling you are looking for is "dissent".

Of the two you mention, there's no comparison--Il Mulino wins hands down. However, as another poster hints above, an even better option is BiCE at Portofino. It's a 15-20 minute drive but worth it. As much as we enjoy Il Mulino, BiCE trumps it.

Another vote for BICE. When we go to Universal, it is mandatory at least one night. As much as I like Il Mulino, BICE is in an entirely different league.
Would also agree that it is unfair comparing Mama Melrose to Chef Boyardee,, Mamas is much better . I would compare Chef Boyardee closer to Tonys (but that's and entirely different thread)

I come from a place where there are fantastic Italian restaurants everywhere. I've never had a meal that compares on property, they are barely OK. I would go off property and find something good. Just don't do olive garden, that's offensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter