Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

Day 6, Part 2. Disney After Hours, cold and a little boring:rotfl:

We had a nice rest and headed to MK, we took the bus this time and it was fine, the bus time app was working well. We got to MK around 6pm, it was already feeling chilly, it was going to be cold tonight for Florida!

I wore my new spirit jersey and purple wall ears. I had my sister take a few pictures of me before I had to cover up my jersey.
IMG_Mar212019at75123PM.jpg
IMG_Mar212019at75208PM.jpg
We did The Tiki Room first, D had never been and she really enjoyed it. I tried to given her some good info about the birds from my Marceline to Magic tour.

We had a FP for The Jungle Cruise, we did this next, our skipper was okay, not great! It was feeling cold on the boat!
IMG_Mar212019at75303PM.jpg
The Country Bears was next on our list, D had not been before. We had the most awesome CM in the attraction. She loved her job and the Country Bears. She had some good old corny jokes! There was very few people in the theater, we had a row to ourselves.
IMG_Mar212019at75428PM.jpg
HEA was starting when we exited the Bears, we watched by the Liberty Belle and it was a great place to see all the fireworks. We have seen the projections many times and D didn’t mind not seeing them.
We were able to sing and dance with no one around us. Well, Andi and I did, D looked at us like we were a little weird, haha! I am starting to really like this soundtrack and show now. I’ll say it again for the 100th time, I love The Moana part!!

It was now DAH time, we went into the HM and it was spooktacular with very few people, yay!

We headed off to It’s a Small World, Winnie the Pooh, Little Mermaid, and Dumbo. These were all walk on’s. Peter Pan was closed for refurb during our visit.
IMG_Mar212019at75722PM.jpg
Is everyone excited for the live action Dumbo? It looks good!
We headed into Tomorrow Land and we all had an ice cream treat. It was not as enjoyable with the cold temperatures. Look how cold I am, my nose is red!
IMG_Mar212019at75752PM.jpg
We did PM and Buzz, Andi went on Space Mountain by herself and D and I waited in the gift shop. I did a few silly pictures in the photo booth. We got some Coke and popcorn after this.

This picture is bad!
IMG_Mar212019at81348PM.jpg
Here is D and Andi on Buzz, I rode alone, didn’t score well at all
IMG_Mar212019at81417PM.jpg

Next up was pictures at the purple wall with my ears. D thought the purple wall was a silly place for pictures.:confused3
IMG_Mar212019at75836PM.jpg
D and Andi headed over to PoTC for 1 last ride and I did the magic carpets, more my speed with my back.

It was just about 11pm by this time and we got a few Mainstreet pictures and headed out.
IMG_Mar212019at75915PM.jpg
As you can see, from this update, a little boring! We didn’t run around like crazy trying to get on everything. We certainly did a lot of rides and attractions. We didn’t do BTMRR or Splash mainly because of the cold and my back.

This DAH was fun and the crowds were low, the snack carts were busy. We didn’t partake in many snacks this time. The cold made the ice cream and cold soda not all that appealing. Overall it was fun and I’m glad D got to experience it. This was our 3rd DAH and probably our last at MK.

I have thought about AK except I just don’t see the value for us, we have both been on FoP at least 10x, Dino a 100x and Andi has been on Everest a ton. What do you all think?

A bus was waiting at our stop and we were back at AKL before midnight!

Food totals for today
Joeffrey cart=$18.81
Frontera=$100.20
Sprinkles=$15.00
Total=$134.01
Stay tuned for Day 7, “Beware of the Poachers and Look at the little gorillas”

I felt the same way about DAH. The cold made it really hard to enjoy. You all got a lot done though! I was a little sad Peter Pan was down for refurb during our party. I don’t think it would have made me enjoy it more but at least I wouldn’t have had to use a fp for it later in the week. I posted this in my tr but the wait for SDMT was longer than I expected through the night too. I’m thinking if I do another After Hours it would be at HS especially if Galaxys Edge is included.

I love your outfit! It was a chilly night that night, glad you had a lot of layers!

Still sounds like a fun night and you got a lot done even without rushing around!

Love your spirit jersey!! I already have too many, but that one is so cute!

Looks like DAH was a good time despite the cold. Your poor red nose!

What a fun night. Have you done DAH HS? I'm thinking we might do that one in August (if it's around). I thought about HS EMM, but with AP discount the DAH is a better deal. Specially since EMM is only 7:30-8:45, we were able to get in 10 ride at MK EMM, I just don't think that's possible at HS.

That stinks that it was so cold! I can see how that would put a damper on your night! Especially when so many of the rides are outside! Idk if I would do AK's AHs either. Its just such a spread out park! But we did enjoy after hours at Hollywood Studios! But one of our favorite rides is Tower of Terror so we were pretty happy getting to ride it multiple times with no wait!!

We headed into Tomorrow Land and we all had an ice cream treat. It was not as enjoyable with the cold temperatures.

This DAH was fun and the crowds were low, the snack carts were busy. We didn’t partake in many snacks this time. The cold made the ice cream and cold soda not all that appealing. Overall it was fun and I’m glad D got to experience it. This was our 3rd DAH and probably our last at MK.

The included snacks for this certainly don't jive with a cold evening. I like the idea of DAH in the winter, since the earlier park closes mean that the even runs earlier, but not at the expense of your comfort.

I felt the same way about DAH. The cold made it really hard to enjoy. You all got a lot done though! I was a little sad Peter Pan was down for refurb during our party. I don’t think it would have made me enjoy it more but at least I wouldn’t have had to use a fp for it later in the week. I posted this in my tr but the wait for SDMT was longer than I expected through the night too. I’m thinking if I do another After Hours it would be at HS especially if Galaxys Edge is included.
It was fun except the cold weather was a bummer. We also did the event slowly and it was just fine. I am thinking about the DHS after hours for our August trip. I will have to think about it vs the TSL early morning magic. I didn’t even get to ride on 7DMT this past trip!

I love your outfit! It was a chilly night that night, glad you had a lot of layers!

Still sounds like a fun night and you got a lot done even without rushing around!
Thank you, I bought my spirit jersey on clearance from the Disney Store, I loved the colors

It was a nice way to do many of the attractions without feeling rushed or wasting time in long lines

What a fun night. Have you done DAH HS? I'm thinking we might do that one in August (if it's around). I thought about HS EMM, but with AP discount the DAH is a better deal. Specially since EMM is only 7:30-8:45, we were able to get in 10 ride at MK EMM, I just don't think that's possible at HS.
It was fun despite the cold. I haven’t done DHS after hours yet. This was our 3rd MK one. I am thinking about HS in August. I am torn because I don’t ride Rockin Rollercoaster and Star Tours is a one and done for me. The TSL rides would be fun to ride multiple times!

That stinks that it was so cold! I can see how that would put a damper on your night! Especially when so many of the rides are outside! Idk if I would do AK's AHs either. Its just such a spread out park! But we did enjoy after hours at Hollywood Studios! But one of our favorite rides is Tower of Terror so we were pretty happy getting to ride it multiple times with no wait!!
The cold did put a little damper on it, we did have fun at a leisurely pace. I’m excited to hear about your after hours at HS. I agree about AK, it is so spread out and I would really only do 3 rides.

Day 7, “Beware of Poachers and look at the little gorillas”

Today was our last full day and it was going to be sunny and a little warmer! We decided to sleep in some and have a nice breakfast at Boma. Andi decided to skip breakfast. She said it would be a waste of money because she wasn’t hungry and wouldn’t eat much! Well, okay then!
IMG_Mar222019at82901PM.jpg
IMG_Mar222019at83359PM.jpg
IMG_Mar222019at83109PM.jpg
Our reservation was for 9:30, D and I checked in and we were seated quickly. The restaurant was fairly busy but not bad. We had a very nice waiter. We both had coffee and the Jambo juice to start with. We went up and tried some savory items first. I really enjoyed the ham, eggs, bacon, and bobitie. The fried plantains were also very good.
Savory
IMG_Mar222019at82950PM.jpg
IMG_Mar222019at83030PM.jpg
I decided to try sweet items next, I had some delicious Simba and Mickey waffles, bread pudding with the vanilla sauce, and pastries. You could have an omelet made to order as well. I loved everything I tried. I had at least 3 plates of delicious and scrumptious food.
Sweet
IMG_Mar222019at83151PM.jpg
IMG_Mar222019at83221PM.jpg
I accidentally put cream cheese on my waffle and pancake, I thought it was butter:crazy2:
IMG_Mar222019at83254PM.jpg
IMG_Mar222019at83333PM.jpg

We took our time and savored the food and atmosphere. Our waiter asked how we like everything and my sister told him everything was great. She asked him how he liked it and he said he has never tried it. I felt bad! My sister asked if they ever get to sample anything left over and he said no, he could get fired for that!:sad: He did actually seem a little bitter towards the mouse, oh my!

We finished our breakfast and were very happy with the experience. I had only had the dinner at Boma about 4 years ago. I had enjoyed the dinner but the breakfast was My favorite of the two.

We headed back up to our room to get ready for AK! We had FP starting around 11am. Andi was ready and we headed out. We got on the bus and there was a family by us and they were very seriously talking about the Beware of Poachers sign as we left the lodge. They were very shocked that even Disney had to worry about poachers on their property:rotfl:I am sure they were serious. ::yes:: I found this really funny for some reason and was laughing quietly. Good job Disney, you are so convincing, people think there are Poachers around!

We made it to AK and no animals were poached. Yay!
IMG_Mar222019at83433PM.jpg
Cont in next post fun at AK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter