Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

I just laughed out loud. "I can't believe Disney has to worry about poachers." hahaha

Looks like a great breakfast at Boma. We are going to have to try that one at some point. And...for the record, I don't see anything wrong with cream cheese on pancakes or waffles, it doesn't sound too bad to me!

Cont. from the last post................

We headed to Pandora for a ride on a Banshee! This is such an awesome ride, I was glad the ride didn’t bother my back. Andi was hungry now and she really likes Satuli Canteen so we headed in there for her lunch. D and I were still so full, we couldn’t even think of eating. Andi had the protein bowl with Tofu, rice, beans and the herb dressing. I tried a piece of the tofu and it it was quite good.
IMG_Mar222019at91948PM.jpg
D and I had some ice water while Andi enjoyed her lunch. We headed out of Pandora after taking some photos.
IMG_Mar222019at91841PM.jpg
IMG_Mar222019at91922PM.jpg
We spent some time in Africa and took a few photos, we really enjoyed the sun being out and it was feeling warm yay!
IMG_Mar222019at92025PM.jpg
IMG_Mar222019at92052PM.jpg
Andi and D went on the Safari, I chose to skip it because of the bouncing around. I went on the gorilla trail by myself and enjoyed the sun and animals. The gorillas were like statues, they looked to be in a coma state. I think the sun and milder temps had the gorillas acting this way. I was surprised how still they were!

I met up with D and Andi. Both had enjoyed the Safari. It was time to head over to Dinosaur. We got over there and Dinosaur was down. This ride sure goes down a lot! Andi decided to ride Everest. First we had to get a picture, it had the snow effect in it.
IMG_Mar222019at92256PM.jpg
Andi rode Everest and had a fun ride! D an I chickened out. D rode it 2 years ago and didn’t care for it!:p
IMG_Mar222019at92202PM.jpg
As we were leaving the Everest area and passing the holler monkeys, I hear a lady telling her kids to come and see the little gorillas! D and I started to giggle and found this so funny, why I don’t know but the lady was just so excited to show her kids the little gorillas :rotfl: Monkeys are not gorillas people and there are no real poachers in AK or at AKL. Simba one come in:rotfl:
IMG_Mar222019at92129PM.jpg
We did a couple more photos in celebration of the Lion King.
IMG_Mar222019at92319PM.jpg
IMG_Mar222019at92741PM.jpg
It was time to head back to the lodge for a little rest.
Cont in the next post............

When are you going to WDW in May? We will be there May 18-29th. Read your last two trip reports can’t wait for your next one.

Hearing the crazy things people say is one of my favorite things about Disney. I always get so amused too! Poachers and Little Gorillas! That makes me smile!

Boma looked like a wonderful breakfast for you and D! It’s my favorite of the meals as well.

I just laughed out loud. "I can't believe Disney has to worry about poachers." hahaha

Looks like a great breakfast at Boma. We are going to have to try that one at some point. And...for the record, I don't see anything wrong with cream cheese on pancakes or waffles, it doesn't sound too bad to me!
I had a lot of giggles this day, it is so interesting hearing people talk at times!
I love cream cheese normally except it just did t compliment the waffle or pancake for me, good thing there was unlimited waffles!

When are you going to WDW in May? We will be there May 18-29th. Read your last two trip reports can’t wait for your next one.
We will be there 5/1-5/7, earlier than you! Thanks so much for reading along and saying hi! I will put our next adventures right in this one!

Hearing the crazy things people say is one of my favorite things about Disney. I always get so amused too! Poachers and Little Gorillas! That makes me smile!

Boma looked like a wonderful breakfast for you and D! It’s my favorite of the meals as well.
I agree, you can have such a fun day just observing and listening to people, it was so funny how excited this lady was for little gorillas after all they are a phenomenon haha!

Breakfast was really delicious and we stayed full most of the day!

I spent the morning exploring the beautiful lobby, checking out the Mara for coffee and a cream cheese Danish, and lounging at the beautiful fire pit. I made some calls to my mom and hubby as I sat cozily by the fire!
I just love that lobby!

We started with the wonderful bread service! In retrospect, this would have been enough for Andi with a few extra pieces of naan bread. We all enjoyed this.
I actually just did the bread service when I ate at Sanaa and it was perfect. I think we will probavly split it and the butter chicken this summer.

Andi decided on a Quinoa Salad, it was huge and she literally ate 1/8th of that salad. I tasted it and it was good, however, I couldn’t image eating that as your entree. A small bowl of this as an accompaniment would be much better. I was glad it wasn’t super expensive!
I would love this salad!

Andi was having a ball, she said, It was deserted. She was able to walk on Splash, Space, PoTC, HM, and Big Thunder. Not only were these all walk on, she was the only one on most of them. Hence the Hilarious Andi Photos!!:jumping1:
Oh my gosh, that is amazing!

We decided to move on, I was sure they would not be able to give all these people a FP, and we had a FEA FP to get to! It was a fire alarm that was going off and I am not sure what happened to initiate that. It was cool to be evacuated from Soarin:rotfl:
Only a true Dis'er would think an evac is cool, lol!

I wore my new spirit jersey and purple wall ears. I had my sister take a few pictures of me before I had to cover up my jersey.
Super cute!

We went up and tried some savory items first. I really enjoyed the ham, eggs, bacon, and bobitie. The fried plantains were also very good.
Oh I lvoe Boma breakfast!

We took our time and savored the food and atmosphere. Our waiter asked how we like everything and my sister told him everything was great. She asked him how he liked it and he said he has never tried it. I felt bad! My sister asked if they ever get to sample anything left over and he said no, he could get fired for that!:sad: He did actually seem a little bitter towards the mouse, oh my!
That's too bad. :( I guess they are not paid enough to come and enjoy all the lovely things we get to enjoy.

Day 7 cont..................

We had a nice rest at the lodge and had Zebras visiting us this early evening.
IMG_Mar232019at72041AM.jpg
I had my black and white Sprinkles cupcake for a treat, it was good, not earth shattering, but good. Andi and D enjoyed theirs as well.
IMG_Mar232019at72007AM.jpg
D and I decided to head out to Epcot, I was able to snag a Soarin FP. We first organized all our stuff and packed our suitcases, womp womp!

Andi decided to chill at the resort and passed on Epcot. D and I checked the handy bus app and headed down to the bus stop.

We arrived at Epcot and decided to have some soda samples at Club Cool. Sticky floors and all, I do really like checking this place out at least once a trip. I couldn’t get D to try the Beverley, she knew something was off the way I was trying to sell it :crazy2: My favorite here is the Inca Cola.

We headed out and shopped some at the art booths, just window shopped. We made our way to Mexico. This area brings back memories for D and I. This was an area of Epcot that really stuck in our memories from our first trip to Epcot in 1989. We thought is was amazing how it was Mexico inside of a building, we loved it.
IMG_Mar232019at72423AM.jpg
We checked out some of the Coco displays and took a wonderful little boat ride. I love this ride, so relaxing. I learned on the Dis the 3 musician skeletons on the arch way in the ride inspired the movie Coco! Very cool!
IMG_Mar232019at72102AM.jpg
IMG_Mar232019at72127AM.jpg
It was time to walk over to the land for our Soarin FP. Our wait was about 20 minutes. There was a group in front of us and they were so loud and obnoxious. They were drinking rum out of a huge water bottle. One guy was so annoying, he kept getting louder the more rum he sipped:sad1:
IMG_Mar232019at72149AM.jpg
Thank goodness, we did not get in the same concourse as them! D and I got B row 1, yay! We had a wonderful ride Soarin over the world! I still like the old version better, however, B1 makes this one good!!

We decided to shop a little more and I bought a cute purple accent Epcot T-shirt, you will see it in my next report! I plan to wear in soon! We saw some new light designs on the ground as we were walking, I don’t think I remember these? How about you all have you seen these?
IMG_Mar232019at72237AM.jpg
IMG_Mar232019at72214AM.jpg
It was time to head out, we did get one last ride on our favorite attraction, SE! We enjoyed this as usual! I tried to look like a dork, honest:confused3

This concludes Day 7, it was a little warmer today with sun, our only day really:)
IMG_Mar232019at72309AM.jpg

Last Epcot picture for me this trip.
IMG_Mar232019at72329AM.jpg

Day 7 food totals
Boma=$67.20
Satuli=$13.31
Total=$80.51

Day 8, The last Day:sad: coming up very soon...........

Okay Everyone, I am sorry to bombard you with quite a few posts in a short time! I really wanted to finish the report this morning because I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD TOMORROW!!!

I am somewhat ready, I need to finish my packing today! We need to leave our town around 9:30am tomorrow for our 2.5 hour drive to Minneapolis. Our flight leaves at 2pm. We won’t get down to Florida until 8:30pm, Sunday is basically a travel day for us. We are staying 1 night at a hotel close to DS, I got it for super cheap on Priceline. It is a Sheraton, however, reviews are lukewarm at best on Travelocity, hoping it is okay for just the 1 night. We will head to CSR in the morning and get our trip started! Epcot F&G is first on the agenda with MK in the evening!! Please stay tuned for this to continue when I return......

Back to January Day 8.........

Today was departure day, we were up early and ready to check in at the wonderful and handy resort airline check in!! We said goodbye to our savanna room and the animals! I love resort check in, the staff is always to cheerful and helpful!!

Checked in, carry on stored, time to say goodbye to MK! We took the bus over and security was so long! Andi went ahead and secured 2nd in line for Meeting Mickey and Minnie at Town Theatre yay!! It took D and I at least 20 minutes to get into MK.
IMG_Mar232019at81755AM.jpg
We were excited to meet the Birthday couple in their cute outfits! It was a fun meet. I was really glad Andi went ahead because the line formed very quickly and was quite long at 9am.
IMG_Mar232019at81526AM.jpg
IMG_Mar232019at81546AM.jpg
Andi and D rode 7DMT next, they really enjoyed this, I went on the teacups by myself, haha, I didn’t spin it at all, just sat there and enjoyed the scenery!
IMG_Mar232019at81616AM.jpg
IMG_Mar232019at81637AM.jpg
We headed to HM next and rode 1x in stand by, this is my sister’s all time favorite ride! After the first ride, we went in the gift shop and I bought a cute little black shrug, cardigan style, with the castle discreetly embossed on it. I love it, I can wear it to work and I will be wearing it in May with a few of my dresses. I never wear a dress, however, I have to compete with some super stylish ladies in May, haha!

We did HM one more time with our FP. This was our last ride of the trip:sad: We were all starving at this time. D and I had not really ate anything of sustenance since Boma and Andi since Satuli, yikes!
IMG_Mar232019at81723AM.jpg
IMG_Mar232019at81932AM.jpg
We headed to Casey’s Corner for some good old fashion all beef hot dogs and 1 plant based dog:crazy2:
We were one of the first in line and got a place to sit inside for a change. Oh my gosh this footlong hot dog was so delicious, the fries were very fresh and hot! Andi said the “fake” hotdog was good! We had plastic cheese for dipping, yum! Andi’s dog came with a corn salsa and coleslaw, neither did she like, I thought the condiments were okay, lacked some seasoning. I know a foot long hotdog does not photograph well but trust me it was good and I ate the whole thing!!
IMG_Mar232019at81827AM.jpg
Plant based hotdog
IMG_Mar232019at81850AM.jpg
We did a little shopping at the Emporium and Confectioners before we headed out. I bought some cookies and treats for home.

We spent our last hour at AKL taking in the lobby sights and sounds before getting on the tragical Express, haha!
IMG_Mar232019at81910AM.jpg
Our flight was delayed about 1 hour but at least it wasn’t canceled, so many flights were! The weather was horrible north of Florida, many places were dealing with sub zero temps to the likes they have not seen in years! Chicago was going to be 25 below zero when we arrived and Duluth was going to have an actual air temp of 30 below when we got home. This is just yuck no other word for it except maybe bone chilling!!

The Chicago airport was so cold, I don’t think they could keep it warm with all the jetways and the bitter cold outside. I had to buy a blanket in the airport shop to try and help warm us up. Andi had a blanket in her backpack, smart girl! Andi and I shared a Wolf Gang Puck Margarita Pizza, it was very good.

We were frozen and tired when we hit the ground in Duluth. At least our little airport was warmer than Chicago!

This trip had some definite pluses and some real downers! Most were things beyond our control, such as weather, sore back, and more crowded than I thought, to name a few. The pluses were having D join us, a wonderful savanna room in a beautiful lodge, yummy food, many laughs, and fun Disney attractions of course!!

Thank you so much for reading along and commenting, it is so fun to put all our memories in writing especially now since I am an empty nester and have had a very long, cold, and snowy winter!!

I don’t want to jinx anything, however the weather looks awesome next week for us 75-82 everyday and plenty of sun, let’s hope this rings true!!

Talk to you all soon!!

I find it sad that anyone working in a restaurant has not tried the food. Boma, though, has so many varieties. I think servers should have some knowledge of the dishes but also the chance to sample it. Poor guy. Boma is delicious!

Have a wonderful trip!

Have a great trip!!!! Jealous that you snuck this one in!

This DAH was fun and the crowds were low, the snack carts were busy. We didn’t partake in many snacks this time. The cold made the ice cream and cold soda not all that appealing. Overall it was fun and I’m glad D got to experience it. This was our 3rd DAH and probably our last at MK.
I wonder why they haven't announced any more DAH events?

Andi was ready and we headed out. We got on the bus and there was a family by us and they were very seriously talking about the Beware of Poachers sign as we left the lodge. They were very shocked that even Disney had to worry about poachers on their property:rotfl:I am sure they were serious. ::yes:: I found this really funny for some reason and was laughing quietly. Good job Disney, you are so convincing, people think there are Poachers around!
Ha! We saw that sign when we were leaving from eating dinner at BOMA this last trip. And thought the same thing but were smart enough to know it wasn't real!

I just booked BOMA breakfast for a morning in August! I have been wanting to try it. And you inspired me to book it!

wl with Tofu, rice, beans and the herb dressing. I tried a piece of the tofu and it it was quite good.
img_mar222019at91948pm-jpg.390026
A good meal for your vegitarian!

As we were leaving the Everest area and passing the holler monkeys, I hear a lady telling her kids to come and see the little gorillas! D and I started to giggle and found this so funny, why I don’t know but the lady was just so excited to show her kids the little gorillas
I am going to call them that from now on!

They were drinking rum out of a huge water bottle. One guy was so annoying, he kept getting louder the more rum he sipped:sad1:
Why? Why would you bring a water bottle full of rum with you?

Okay Everyone, I am sorry to bombard you with quite a few posts in a short time! I really wanted to finish the report this morning because I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD TOMORROW!!!
YEAH!!!! Enjoy!

First, I LOVE your elephant sweatshirt!!!!! Where did you get it?

Oh that's right! Have a GREAT trip!!!!

I will be wearing it in May with a few of my dresses. I never wear a dress, however, I have to compete with some super stylish ladies in May, haha!

Ha! That's what I was thinking.

Hi Caroline......

Haven’t fully caught up but just saw your post saying you’re heading to Orlando again!!!party:

Fabulous news.........weather here has really got warm again so you’ll have some beautiful weather I’m sure......we head home today, but have a wonderful surprise last minute trip, absolutely thrilled for you.........have fun.......:wave2:

So I am a super lurker on the boards but really enjoy reading your reports! I came out of hiding because we are going to overlap your dates at WDW. My DD14 and I are flying out of Madison, WI on Tuesday and are spending the week at CSR. Maybe we will see you around! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter