Beyond Universal

Impulsive Puppy

Mouseketeer
My wife and I will be at U Dec 9 - 17. We definitely will be going to IOA, UE, Sea World, and Disc Cove. I am wondering if there are certain days that particular parks are preferable to others. Also, what other Universal/Orlando area attractions are recommended or not-to-miss (aside from Disney)? We will be staying at HR. Any suggestions and comments will be welcome. Thank you in advance!:p :p :p :p ;) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :crazy: :crazy: :wave: :wave: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I would say ioa at the start of the week and usf right after that. any day is a good day for seaworld so do that on the weekends. Try to pick a rainy day for disney so the croweds will be low.

You arrive on a Sunday, depending on the time of day I'd say hit USF first. IOA is a high tech, unique park and I always suggest to people to see it AFTER USF because it's so much more modern.

Monday is a great day for IOA, it's EE day. I'd go there early and try to get out before the convention that I understand is due there that day.

I can make better suggestions about don't miss attractions if I knew about your party. Will there be children or just you and your wife? Are you guys thrill seekers? Knowing all this can better customize your experience.

Can't respond about SeaWorld and Disc Cove,yet , haven't had the pleasure. I'm sure someone here or on that board will help you!

Have a great time! I'll be there the first week of December also for the DIS Convention. Too bad you guys will miss that, it's going to be awesome!

I would love to hear more about this convention (so I can avoid the crowd if possible). Are they there only one day? Where and at what time? It will be just my wife and myself going. We are 30 and 29 and are definately thrill seekers! Thank you for your responses!

We went to Busch Gardens in Tampa on our last trip. Sounds far, but we made it in just over an hour. If you don't have a car, they run shuttles from Orlando for nothing, although that might take longer. If you like coasters or animals or both, it's a hit. My daughter and I are coaster junkies and we won't go to Universal or Disney again without doing BG too.

I went to IOA/Universal on a Tuesday and the longest wait for anything on the wait board was 20 min! EXCEPT Spiderman!

I'll post a little of that Convention info here, for those who may not have seen it elsewhere:

The Convention meetings will be held December 7th - 11th at the Convention Center on I-Drive. Many attendees will be housed in hotels near the meeting site and within the USF area. 17,000 people are expected.

On Monday, December 10th at "special event" has been planned and will be held at USF from 6:30 - 9:30pm. I will know more details soon and will post them on this board since it may effect plans for others.

Daytimes in the parks should not be effected but the evenings could get crowded, especially at CityWalk and nearby restaurants, in the area.

Here is the list of hotels that will house attendees for the convention December 7th -11th:

Amerisuites Orlando Convention Center
Best Western Plaza
Buena Vista Suites
Caribe Royal
Courtyard I Drive
Courtyard Little Lake Bryan
Embassy Suites Jamaican
Embassy Suites South
Fairfield Inn I Drive
Fairfield Inn Little Lake Bryan
Hawthorn Suites
Hilton at WDW
Holiday Inn International
Homewood Suites I Drive
Hotel Royal Plaza
La Quinta Inn Jamaican Court
La Quinta Inn I Drive
The Peabody Orlando
Quality Inn Plaza
Radisson Barcelo
Red Roof Inn Hawaiian Court
Renaissance Orlando Resort
The Rosen Centre Hotel
Rosen Plaza
Sheraton World
Sierra Suites Universal Blvd.
Spring Hill Suites Little Lake Bryan
Summerfield Suites I Drive
Travelodge Orlando South

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter