Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique questions

mistole

Earning My Ears
I have a few questions about BBB. We did it 5 years ago with my oldest, and we would like to do it again this trip with my three kids (10, 6 and 6).

1) We did it at Magic Kingdom last time. Is there much difference between the experience at Disney Springs vs. Magic Kingdom?

2) I thought in the past that they had the hairstyles online, but I couldn't find them. Does anyone know what the current hairstyles look like?

3) My oldest isn't really into Princesses anymore, but she loves Star Wars. If I bring a Rey outfit for her, can they do something like that?

4) Can we still bring in our own princess dresses? They have SO MANY dress up dresses.

5) If I book them together, will they try to seat them all together so that I don't have to go back and forth?

I have a few questions about BBB. We did it 5 years ago with my oldest, and we would like to do it again this trip with my three kids (10, 6 and 6).

1) We did it at Magic Kingdom last time. Is there much difference between the experience at Disney Springs vs. Magic Kingdom?

2) I thought in the past that they had the hairstyles online, but I couldn't find them. Does anyone know what the current hairstyles look like?

3) My oldest isn't really into Princesses anymore, but she loves Star Wars. If I bring a Rey outfit for her, can they do something like that?

4) Can we still bring in our own princess dresses? They have SO MANY dress up dresses.

5) If I book them together, will they try to seat them all together so that I don't have to go back and forth?
I have never been to Disney Springs so I can’t comment on that but we really enjoyed the MK BBB experience. The magic mirror is in the dressing room and you can definitely bring your own dress and even accessories. We just went in Nov.

The hairstyles were a princess bun with a braid that goes around the base of the bun, half up, and another option that had the colored hair piece. We did the full bun and it looked amazing. My daughter wore the hairstyle the next day too and now we have the braid piece and the foam bun insert if she ever wants to do it at home.
I’m sure they would let your daughter change into Rey. Not sure how flexible they are on the hairstyles but I’m sure you could make something work.
I can’t comment on seating together as I only had one but I thought the entire experience was worth it. There are photopass photographers inside the boutique and then when you are done you can go across the way and get pictures done with whimsical backgrounds by the photopass photographers. My DH and son met us behind the castle when my daughter was finished and we took them to get pictures together. I had brought a Melissa and Doug knight top for my son and told the photographer to just photograph from his waist up. Their pictures together dressed up are my favorite photos from the trip.

We did Disney Springs last December after several trips to the MK one. We didn't like Disney Springs as much, seemed very rushed and not as magical as the castle. We won't go back to the Disney springs one. As far as your other questions, definitely bring your own dresses. They have nice changing rooms there. The hairstyles they had were a bun with a braid and bow, bun with a tiara, and a ponytail with a colored hairpiece. There is a frozen one too that has a braid hairpiece so you look like elsa, that is an upcharge though. We have only ever had two girls at once, but yes they were sitting together or once they did one kid and then the other so we didn't have to move. Your oldest can wear whatever she wants, but they are pretty inflexible with the hairstyles so they likely won't do her hair in a different way than the posted choices.

They are absolutely not allowed to do any different hairstyles. That is not Disney policy, it's state law.

[QUOTE="Afabena, post: 61479295, member: 631288" The magic mirror is in the dressing room and you can definitely bring your own dress and even accessories. We just went in Nov
[/QUOTE]

Is this the old magic mirror that used to be in the disney store at Disney springs like 5 years ago? Where it puts virtual dresses on the kids? I was wondering where that went!

[QUOTE="Afabena, post: 61479295, member: 631288" The magic mirror is in the dressing room and you can definitely bring your own dress and even accessories. We just went in Nov

Is this the old magic mirror that used to be in the disney store at Disney springs like 5 years ago? Where it puts virtual dresses on the kids? I was wondering where that went!
[/QUOTE]
No, they have a magic mirror with fairy godmother in it that talks to the kids. It's very cute, but different than the one you're thinking of.

How long does this experience typically take?
Usually 45-60 minutes, depending on how long you have to wait and how long pictures at the end take(they do nice posed pictures in front a backdrop). We have always had to wait longer of had more than one kid at a time so they could find them seats together.

When I started looking into this for my daughter who's celebrating her 6th birthday while we're there I really disliked the inflexibility of BBB - I decided to go with a Character Couture appointment at Senses in Grand Floridian instead (used to be the Ivy Trellis Salon). The stylists are actual stylists, so they can do more than just the couple of styles available at BBB, and they can definitely do something Rey-inspired. If you checkout the charactercouture hashtag on Instagram you can find examples of what they've done.

I just looked at the flyer on Tuesday while at GF. I have to say, they have GREATLY improved the options BBB can do.
There's not one for Rey but the new packages are great. So many more choices. Not only with hairstyles but everything else.
The changed bun style used to be just awful, silly and too large for a kids head.
But the new version with the bow or the flower headband is really cute.

That said, I did opt for the Ivy Trellis experience for DGD instead of BBB this last time. It suited her better at 10. But she loved BBB at 3, 5, and 7.

3) It might be a big No, but I always ask. Rey is a simple style. I asked for a custom combination of the Swoop at the front of the head with the classic princess fairy-tale bun at the back. (I forget what the swoop is normally a part of, but it's not the bun.) Our FGMiT had to ask for permission, but it was granted, and I was VERY happy to see my DD with a little less stark a hair-do than the usual straight-back bun. Combining two of their offered hairstyles is not the same as asking for something they don't have on the menu, but I would ask out of earshot while also telling my DD beforehand that she will have to choose something off the photos.

4) YES. We shockingly didn't even end up buying a tiara or sceptre.

5) I would imagine that they will try. My DD and middle son had concurrent appointments, and they were seated next to each other for the whole 15 minutes my DS took to get his hair done.

Can you still access the photographer at BBB for non BBB photos? In December 2018, my DD2 was too young for BBB but they snapped birthday photos for her in the area by the shop. I know they remodeled since then. She is doing Pirates League before it closes and I would like photos again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter