Big FP+ News: Starting 2/19 New DHS Tiers, MFSR FP+ Added, READ POST #1

We will be staying off site. Can you get a third tier 2 fast pass if all the tier 1 fast passes are gone?

Im interested too. I’m curious if removing the other options from tier 1 negates any benefit there would have been by adding MFSR. I know it’s high capacity, but until MMRR/ROTR are added to tier 1 (whenever that happens) overall tier 1 capacity must have been decreased, right?

While a lot of it is guess work / estimates since numbers aren’t really known, EasyWDW had a good post yesterday which attempted to break down some of the numbers/metrics, FWIW.

Its going to be a wait and see thing, but my gut says SSD will be the coveted Tier one.

MFSR seems to be almost walk one late at night.

While a comparison to MK is not totally the same , its fair to say 7DMT is almost never a walk on, even late, while the other big rides that compete with it at MK CAN be almost walk on at certain times.

I have yet to see SSD be a walk on, or even less than 30 minutes, making the 7DMT a good comparison.

Not to mention they are both similar coasters and have loading limitations.
MFSR will likely have longer waits once fastpass is added. I wouldn’t expect the wait time pattern to stay the same.

While a lot of it is guess work / estimates since numbers aren’t really known, EasyWDW had a good post yesterday which attempted to break down some of the numbers/metrics, FWIW.

That’s very interesting. Thanks.

One thing that’s not accounted for in the numbers is that standby line length is not strictly a capacity game. Human psychology is in the mix too. People line up for 3 hours for FOP and Hagrids because they are really good (and relatively new) rides with tons of good press. Everyone says things like ‘I waited 3 hours and it was worth it!’ I’ve been avoiding spoilers but from my distant vantage point, that doesn’t seem to be the case for MFSR. It is new and there are a lot of SW fans who haven’t seen it yet so maybe it will build 3 hour lines but it seems like a ride that people may pass by or not ride a 2nd time if the line is ‘too long’. I guess we’ll see.

Exactly as stated above. At some point Disney is going to have to go back to giving something of value to on-site guests. Whether people like it or not, on-site guests pay a good bit more for their stay and should be somewhat rewarded as such. That might not be a popular opinion, but if Disney is going to keep building and expect people to fill those Resorts, there needs to be some ancillary benefits.
agreed. Especially with guests at the Good Neighbor hotels being able to make FP+ at 60 days. To me that takes away from the value of staying at the Disney Resort. How about 45 days for on site and 60 for Good Neighbor hotels.
getting a bit tired of the price increases, feeling like I am nickel and dimed for so many things and to have Disney to give that 60 day window to offsite guests.
Next trip (if there is one) may be offsite and with some days at Universal.

For what it's worth, I was just playing around with the Touring Plans app, looking at FP availability. 60+4 still seems to be the target to get a SDD FP. So, adding MFSR to FP doesn't yet appear to have taken any pressure off SDD.

Guessing that may change a little bit going forward.

It helped me. Our arrival day is 3/22, so we made our 60 day on Wednesday, then this happened Thursday. I was shut out of SDD on both arrival day and on 60+4 (3/26), but after this I was able to grab SDD for 3:10 on arrival day and an early MFSR on 3/26. Since its our arrival day, having a little bit later FP was planned anyway.

We were elated with the changes we were able to make yesterday. Went from having TSM and RnR as our Tier 1 with Star Tours and a "burner show" each day to having TSM, RnR, SDD on 3/21 and ToT, RnR, and MFSR on 3/26.

One thing I would like to know / watch here is if Disney in fact offers FP supply for MFSR during that first hour. I’ve been wondering if they might treat it like Frozen Ever After at first and hold back FP supply in the mornings for a bit. This new hours drop should give a chance to see.

HOURS JUST CHANGED FOR FEBRUARY!

FEB. 3: 7a-8p

FEB. 4-29: 8a-8p

START ADJUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If it will let you)
As predicted. Called it a while back , the way the FP were gone from that day and much more available the next day.

but wow , what a late stage to do this, it may actually backfire as people going that day may not want to get up an hour earlier.....

I will say I noticed the FP for MFSR pretty early (even notified the boards before it was “news”). I looked on both of my DHS days, and the only options began after 12pm. I really doubt that many people were ahead of me, but I suppose it’s possible. Ours is for 12:15.

One thing I would like to know / watch here is if Disney in fact offers FP supply for MFSR during that first hour. I’ve been wondering if they might treat it like Frozen Ever After at first and hold back FP supply in the mornings for a bit. This new hours drop should give a chance to see.

Sorry for the duplicate, but my response below was a response to your post here:

I will say I noticed the FP for MFSR pretty early (even notified the boards before it was “news”). I looked on both of my DHS days, and the only options began after 12pm. I really doubt that many people were ahead of me, but I suppose it’s possible. Ours is for 12:15.

Sorry for the duplicate, but my response below was a response to your post here:

ours is for 11:45am

I’m thrilled to say I’ve got 10:30am fastpasses for MFSR. That’s the earliest I saw it available on a couple of different days in March with a 9am opening, so no early hours yet.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!