Big FP+ News: Starting 2/19 New DHS Tiers, MFSR FP+ Added, READ POST #1

FYI seeing lots of SDD now 2/28 and 2/29 and have modified MFSR to 10am and a TSMM to 9am. Have not seen any 8am

Reactions: CJN
The real nightmare will come IF they decide to do boarding passes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad!! And you have to choose between MMRR or RotR!!
I am hoping they drop in MMRR as a tier 1 fast pass. That will help spread out the crowds between the 3.

Also hoping they change the opening hours.... right now for March it is still 9am opening. If this happens that will also add more fast passes for SDD and MFSR.

Right now..plan is rope drop ... grab boarding pass while heading to MMRR.
I guess we have to wait till March 4th to see how popular this is going to be.

The real nightmare will come IF they decide to do boarding passes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad!! And you have to choose between MMRR or RotR!!
I am hoping they drop in MMRR as a tier 1 fast pass. That will help spread out the crowds between the 3.

Also hoping they change the opening hours.... right now for March it is still 9am opening. If this happens that will also add more fast passes for SDD and MFSR.

Right now..plan is rope drop ... grab boarding pass while heading to MMRR.
I guess we have to wait till March 4th to see how popular this is going to be.
I really don’t see them making you choose between MMRR and ROTR when there is no option for standby. That would be a PR nightmare. IMO the more likely scenario is that MMRR will be added to Tier 1 FP. I don’t see it having anywhere near the draw as ROTR.

I really don’t see them making you choose between MMRR and ROTR when there is no option for standby. That would be a PR nightmare. IMO the more likely scenario is that MMRR will be added to Tier 1 FP. I don’t see it having anywhere near the draw as ROTR.
True...... I am just speculating. And of course..... they would have to come up with something else to offset no standby if they did that.
I also hope... and believe ... they will drop MMRR into tier 1. (as I stated in my post :))

I also believe MMRR is going to surprise a lot of people! It may end up just as popular, as it may bring in a more diverse crowd.

So people were upset when HS changed tiers back in August/Sept (whenever it was), now that they've pretty much gone back to it (and now even putting the other 2 TSL rides in tier 2), people are upset again.
Maybe I am missing something here?? But I see most people very happy with the change!

Maybe I am missing something here?? But I see most people very happy with the change!
Most people are happy, I for one and not thrilled cause it means
a) no more short standby for MFSR
b) no more same day fp for the bigger rides at DHS
But I'm fine with it. It makes sense Disney giving the advantage again to on site guests. With the old tier I managed to get same day fp for everything at DHS, now that will be harder for sure

Most people are happy, I for one and not thrilled cause it means
a) no more short standby for MFSR
b) no more same day fp for the bigger rides at DHS
But I'm fine with it. It makes sense Disney giving the advantage again to on site guests. With the old tier I managed to get same day fp for everything at DHS, now that will be harder for sure

I agree with a, but I’m curious why you think there will be no more same day FP for any ride. People change plans all the time regardless of tiers, so refresh should still work. Time will tell I guess.

I agree with a, but I’m curious why you think there will be no more same day FP for any ride. People change plans all the time regardless of tiers, so refresh should still work. Time will tell I guess.
Obviously there's always a chance but with the way the tiers were before it was easier to get them. Especially SDD.

i've never had a problem getting same day FP for 2-3 people for any ride in any of the 4 parks, usually go in June every year. Last year was able to ride FOP FP 3 times in a row and could have gotten another but we decided to go do something else! Slinky Dog was the toughest, I only got that one a couple of times. It's just a matter of being willing to sit there and refresh over and over and over and not do anything else. Haha. I'm really only interested in rides though, so I don't mind doing this at all. I don't see how this will make it more difficult at Hollywood. If anything, I think it will probably be easier. Guess we'll see!!

Edit - i take that back, Tower Of Terror was the toughest same day FP to get last year because they were only running one elevator. Did manage to grab it once though!

Agree with this too.
My thought is...... if people are able to get the couple of bigger rides from tier 2, I expect less people searching for the additional FP 4 or 5, etc. I really think alot of people will be satisfied they have 3 FPs and will simply wait in stand by for others. I don't think most WDW visitors handle the "refresh strategy" as well as us DISers.

Agree with this too.
My thought is...... if people are able to get the couple of bigger rides from tier 2, I expect less people searching for the additional FP 4 or 5, etc. I really think alot of people will be satisfied they have 3 FPs and will simply wait in stand by for others. I don't think most WDW visitors handle the "refresh strategy" as well as us DISers.

I think a lot of people noticed how much easier it was to get sdfp for TOT and RRC when they were tier 1. When everyone can book any of those rides before entering the park, it's going to make availability less. Those who can book at 30/60 will book them ahead of time, taking up a lot of availability that would have been there day of. And just because I can book them both in advance doesn't mean I won't be looking for same day as well. I never wait in stand by without having spent a little time checking the app. But bottom line is we know availability was better same day after near everything went to tier 1. No complaints from me at all, I'm thrilled with the changes.

I will say I noticed the FP for MFSR pretty early (even notified the boards before it was “news”). I looked on both of my DHS days, and the only options began after 12pm. I really doubt that many people were ahead of me, but I suppose it’s possible. Ours is for 12:15.

I checked right after I saw your post and got one for 10:40 - I suspect lots of refreshing in the app caused a log jam at first. Still waiting for the 8 AM ones to drop though...

I’m so happy with the new FP tiering system. I’ve always used my tier 1 for RnRc (my favorite Disney ride) and now I finally have a chance to ride Slinky Dog!!!

So I checked out the dibb’s FP Availability this morning and SDD and MFSR are both available in the evening at 60+1. SDD is available in the morning on 60+2 and SR is available in the morning on 60+4. The first week of April will likely be very busy so assuming this is correct (I’ve only checked once so far) this is a significant improvement for people staying onsite.

SDFP was very easy for ToT when I was there a few weeks ago. I was able to ride it 12 times in a day using a fastpass each time. I also got same day FPs for Slinky and RnR.

I would usually have my next ToT FP lined up before I made it through the line to the library, and I was able to skip part of the line in the boiler room several times when they needed a single rider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts