Big Thunder Mt???

TwinMommy

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if Big Thunder Mountain will reopen on Saturday? Or earlier?

We leave tomorrow!!!

Thanks!

We leave on Thurs., I thought it wasn't reopening until the 22nd. Anyone know for sure?

Del:earsgirl:

Tour Guide Mike says refurb until the 21st. I'm pretty sure of this as we come in on Sat the 21st and my thoughts were that it would be open for our first day at MK!! See you all there!!

We are hoping it is on schedule as it will be one of our first rides our first day in the park!! WOOOHOO!!

Pixie

Things looked good last week as I saw a couple of trains running (without passengers) from the "other" railroad.

Refurbishment of BTMRR is slated to continue through Nov 22nd, according the DisneyWorld.com, the official site, therefore, look for it to be open on Nov 23rd.

Big Thunder's opening has been delayed until Nov 30. Don't know any details as to why (perhaps you could get lucky and it will in fact open earlie) but all current rehab info is showing it has been delayed another week.

I hope it opens. We check in on the 1st.

There was a reply from a WDW CM in another thread that said the opening had been pushed back due to further testing. 11/30 sounds like the revised re-open date.

Apparently the rehab included the installation of a new computer control system, and they have been running many, many simulations with empty ride cars, and have yet to test a loaded vehicle.

"Official word" has been given (with fingers crossed) for the end of the month... ;)

If it's not opened on the day you're in MK, you can check each day with your WDW resort staff or with CM's at the other parks and they should be able to tell you if it's back up yet -- rather than running over to MK every day.

We rode it first thing in the morning on 11/26. It was not open on 11/23, so 11/26 may have been the first day open. By early afternoon, all FPs were given out for the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter