Birthday/anniversary celebration

vivianmarie244

Mouseketeer
What is the correct etiquette? My husband will be celebrating his birthday the month of our trip and we will be celebrating our 13th anniversary the month of the trip. Can we/should we wear our buttons just once during the trip or the whole trip? I know that we shouldn't expected to get anything for the special occasion but I hear it happens often so why not.

Wear them your whole trip. Disney is always full of Pixie Dust and you never know when it might find you. The buttons are great conversation starters as well. Lot's of good reasons to wear them.

We were there for our anniversary last summer & just wore our buttons on our actual day. That's all DH was willing to do but I pinned mine to my pocketbook for the rest of the trip. Oddly enough for our anniversary dinner at Artist Point the wait staff couldn't care less but later in the week at Trattoria al Forno they gave us two free rounds of drinks for our anniversary.
As long as your celebrations are in the same month as your trip go ahead & wear your buttons. It's when there is months in between that I think its a bit silly (just my opinion).
Enjoy your trip!

I must be mistaken. I had the impression that the celebration buttons were eliminated. Maybe it was something else that changed with regard to the buttons?

I have a twin sister and our birthday is on Christmas Eve. Our family used to take us for our birthday the week before Christmas since it wasn't feasible for us to be there over our actual birthday. We always wore our buttons the whole week since we considered it our birthday trip. We used to get huge cupcakes at every TS meal.. by the end of the week we started taking our buttons off because we couldn't handle any more cupcakes LOL.

I just went with my fiancé in May a week after we got engaged.. we wore the "Happily Ever After" buttons since they discontinued the "Just Engaged" buttons and we got a couple of Happy Anniversaries :sad2: from some CM's but that was it. We were on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we definitely didn't need any more dessert.. but it's definitely pixie dust if you get anything extra and not to be expected.

Our trip is partly a celebration of DDs 10th birthday. The actual day was in July, but we couldn't come till October. I asked on here and was unanimously told it was totally fine for her to wear her button even though it wasn't the day of.

My Birthday and our 28th wedding anniversary were both this week but our trip to celebrate these 2 events is not until the 12th of September. Can we still get our buttons? We would love them as a memento of our trip.

You get to wear them whenever you want. No rules
You are the only one who knows what day is what

We (DH and I) are celebrating our 50th birthdays and our 23rd anniversary (all actually in September) but we will be wearing our buttons proudly in October! Maybe not both birthday and anniversary buttons at the same time, but we will be sporting a button each day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter