Birthday Dinner!

cyberbox2

DIS Veteran
I have been looking over at the Restaurant section of the Disboards but have not been able to find a good answer yet so please help me out.

I will be taking my family to Disney World for a long weekend from Feb 9th - 12th. My DW birthday is the 12th. We have only visited Disney World in the summer months and haven't needed to plan for any 'special' occasions. So I'm wondering if you all would put your heads together and give me some ideas of where to go on Disney property to celebrate her B-day that will be fun for the whole family(me, DS13 & DD10) but also a special memory for her. Whether it be dinner at an on-site restaurant or something else it doesn't matter, I just need a direction.

The only thing she really won't eat is seafood. And not big on steak either. But does like to try new thing, but as long as their is somekind of chicken or veggie on the menu, she'll be alright.

My dh and I like Les Chefs de France for celebrating my birthday in 2005 and dh's parents' anniversary in 2006. The menu offers a selection for most tastes.

Last month, Beaches and Cream wait staff had the whole resteraunt sing Happy Birthday to a woman (she looked like she enjoyed it).

Your wife won't like my other favorite resteraunts because the menus have a focus on seafood and steak ---Le Cellier, Narcosses, and Flying Fish.

This late try Spoodles on the boardwalk.

If you can somehow manage it, try the Brown Derby. The Roasted Hatfield Pork Rib Chop is incredible =D .

thanks for the ideas, some good possibilities. We did Le Cee
llier last year and really liked it. What about a character breakfast?
We've done CRT & CP. What are some other good ones?

We just did the Cape May breakfast it was very calm.

Also Cape May has a clam bake style dinner, lots of other food choices...it is a buffet. Then take her to Beaches and Cream for kitchen sink ice cream, walk around the boardwalk after also....

Cali Grill, is good with the fireworks view, but this late it might be hard to get a ADR.

Kevin has raved about Narcoisses (sp) at GF.

I have all DS and for me it would be special to do a princess meal for dinner. I have only gotten to do one and it was because DS3 wanted too.

We liked GG with chip and dale the character interaction is fantastic. Get Soarin fast passes and do that after.

CR is good for atmosophere, food not so good. (we ate there this past trip)

That steakhouse they talked about on the Christmas pod cast sounded good.

Also telling them in advance they will do something special, just ask.

You can always plan something, a wishes cruise after dinner....

Honestly, just the memory of doing something different and you took the time to plan your wife will love.

How old are your kids? Boys or girls?

I just had Cape May the week before Christmas, so two-three weeks ago. It was calm. Considering that I'm not a breakfast person it wasn't my type of thing, but it was calm in a good way.

Thanks everyone for your input. I think I'm going to go with Whispering Canyon Cafe. We have never eaten at a non Disney Park restaurant and I hear that this ought to be fun for the whole family! We all really enjoyed 50's Prime Time Cafe when we ate there last summer and I hear that the concept here is somewhat the same.

I realize that their have been mixed reviews and even Kevins review wasn't that favorible but I'm willing to go with an open mind on the chance that it might actually be a blast!

Thanks everyone for your input. I think I'm going to go with Whispering Canyon Cafe. We have never eaten at a non Disney Park restaurant and I hear that this ought to be fun for the whole family! We all really enjoyed 50's Prime Time Cafe when we ate there last summer and I hear that the concept here is somewhat the same.

I realize that their have been mixed reviews and even Kevins review wasn't that favorible but I'm willing to go with an open mind on the chance that it might actually be a blast!

Have fun! Let us know how it goes! :yay:

I sure will. I also found a family on these wonderful boards to share an Illuminations cruise with on Feb 10th! That will be very special for us as well.

Can't wait:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter