Birthday Freebies

For my husbands 50 birthday we were staying at the AKL CL and were really shocked to come back to our room and find balloons and a birthday cake with plates and a signed card. We were blown away and didn't ask or pay extra for it. That was 12 years ago though.

I can't wait to see how my experience goes. I've never been to disney but we are going April 3rd-9th.

April 1st is my birthday, April 2nd will be our wedding, and then our honeymoon will be in disney.

So technically, I'll be honeymooning and birthday-ing in disney! It's a double whammy!

We went to celebrate my 40th and at BOG I received a card from Belle and the Beast as well as the grey stuff - before it was on a cupcake, cup cake at 50's Prime time and some others which I can't remember, but I was sung HB at least twice. In July of '16 we are returning and will be there for DD's 13th. I am hoping for pixie dust. I will be ordering her a b-day cake for whatever TS we eat at on her B-Day. She won't be expecting that.
Was it dinner at BOG that you received the card? So cool! My daughter loved Beauty and the beast, but we've only gotten lunch ADR.

I went for my 29th birthday last year. I got a card and cupcake from 50's PT, card and cupcake from Crystal Palace, lots of free cookies and a few other cupcakes as well. It was awesome! I'm going back for my 30th in a little under a month. I can't wait! :)

I went for my 29th birthday last year. I got a card and cupcake from 50's PT, card and cupcake from Crystal Palace, lots of free cookies and a few other cupcakes as well. It was awesome! I'm going back for my 30th in a little under a month. I can't wait! :)

Five years ago I got cupcakes at Tusker House, Olivia's, Grand Floridan Cafe, and at a counter service near Fantasmic in DHS. I also got a huge sugar cookie at the Confectionary in MK and a freshly made chocolate dipped marshmallows on a stick with sprinkles treat at the Candy Cauldron in Downtown Disney (DS). Also a Castmember gave me passes for 6 for a special lakeside viewing spot for Illuminations just for wearing my birthday button that week. Last but not least....an extra swan pastry and beautiful fresh pink long stemmed rose at Afternoon tea at the GF!

Five years ago I got cupcakes at Tusker House, Olivia's, Grand Floridan Cafe, and at a counter service near Fantasmic in DHS. I also got a huge sugar cookie at the Confectionary in MK and a freshly made chocolate dipped marshmallows on a stick with sprinkles treat at the Candy Cauldron in Downtown Disney (DS). Also a Castmember gave me passes for 6 for a special lakeside viewing spot for Illuminations just for wearing my birthday button that week. Last but not least....an extra swan pastry and beautiful fresh pink long stemmed rose at Afternoon tea at the GF!

I'm doing the afternoon tea on my birthday! I'm super excited. The menu looks fantastic. :)

She hadn't Been since I was a kid (maybe 8 or 9) and I'm turning 30 next year so no, it was all so new to her because a lot has changed. The "ride" she had most wanted to go on was the hall of the presidents and coming out of that was when goofy called and oh! Just remembered, they also stopped us when we were in line at the QS restaurant at the USA pavilion in Epcot and ended up serving us our meal on a table set with flowers and a tablecloth and on real plates like a proper TS meal. It was so cool. She was impressed though and I did tell her that they didn't normally do stuff like that so it was definitely special to her.
What a wonderful surprise! :flower2::cake::flower2:

When we went for DD's birthday a few years ago, she got a special cupcake at one of our table service restaurants (can't remember which one now) and confetti on our table at Crystal Palace. When I went several years ago for my birthday, I got a card signed by our servers at Le Cellier, a card in our room signed by Mickey and Minnie when we checked in to our resort, a cupcake at Chef Mickey's and a cupcake and confetti at Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern. That was a good trip! We are taking DS for his 3rd birthday in November. I'm not expecting anything, but if we do get a cupcake or something, that will be fun.

My son just celebrated his fourth birthday. He got cupcakes at a few restaurants and signed cards (including one with his favorite - and normally non-signing - the Beast). The first night when we returned to our room there was a special Mickey card.

Last edited:
My son just celebrated his fourth birthday. He got cupcakes at a few restaurants and signed cards (including one Clifton his favorite - and normally non-signing - the Beast). The first night when we returned to our room there was a special Mickey card.
Did he get the card from the beast at BOG? Was it dinner or a different time? :)

Did he get the card from the beast at BOG? Was it dinner or a different time? :)

It was an early dinner (4:25 reservation). The server just brought the card: it would have been really cool if the Beast had handed it to him!

There was even a really nice older man who was there every day greeting people as they arrived and every day when we were heading to busses or monorail when he saw us he would take special time to say hello to her and wish her a good day.

Sounds like you met Richard! He's a VIP cast member and such a sweet, sweet gentleman! He is well known, and has been working there for over 50 yrs.
I enjoy when I get to see and talk to him. He will even take pictures with you. I tear up when thinking of him because he is just that awesome.

I've also gotten the Cards in my room, and at character meals....and many yummy cupcakes. :)
I have spent my birthday week at WDW every year since 2009....except one year I didn't go on my bday and I felt like something was missing.
I always go to MK on my birthday.

I've had some nice sprinkles of Pixie dust over the years.
One year I was given a huge wrapped choc. chip cookie at the Main Street Bakery from a CM (before it became starbucks)
I've gotten a birthday Kulfi dessert at Sanaa at Animal Kingdom lodge.
2 yrs ago, on my bday, prior to park opening I was renting a locker at MK. The CM asked me if I knew the name of the Princess in "The Princess and the Frog"
I answered correctly and she gave me a free locker for the day and a Magical Moments certificate.
Last year I had dinner at Boatwrights on my birthday and my server gave me a glass of champagne with a strawberry on the glass. :drinking1
Last year in my room my Mousekeeper made me a birthday cake out of towels!

One wish I keep wishing for on my birthday is to get picked to help open the MK or be in the parade.
I keep wishing on a star for that to happen, but I am a solo traveler most of the time...so I'll just keep wishing.

Looking forward to my birthday trip as always. I'll be there on March 11 princess: wearing my tiara and birthday sash.
I really am a kid at heart! Wish I could find my Prince Charming that loves WDW as much as I do :)

Oh and in the Space Mountain gift shop a CM gave my son a free giant lollipop! I was going to buy him one and she handed the one she was holding to him and I asked if it was a snack credit and she said, "Just take it. Happy Birthday!"

My son wore his button all week (we actually had to get a replacement because the first one wore out)! At first he cups by figure out how everyone knew his name! By the end of the week, he was so used to everyone saying Happy Birthday that he was just giving them a wave in response rather than a "Thank you!"

My sister and I both have June birthdays so last year we did a sisters birthday trip. If I recall, we got free dessert at Cosmic Ray's and a free cake cup at Cheshire Cafe. Other than that just lots of birthday wishes, and not just from CM's!

We are going the first week of June and surprising our girls with the trip. It is kind of a combination 10 year anniversary, first family Of 4 vacation and my older daughters birthday. Her birthday is the week after would it be wrong to get a birthday button for her?

We are going the first week of June and surprising our girls with the trip. It is kind of a combination 10 year anniversary, first family Of 4 vacation and my older daughters birthday. Her birthday is the week after would it be wrong to get a birthday button for her?

I had my birthday button the week before my birthday. It was still a birthday trip even though it fell over my sisters birthday, not mine :D

Took my gramma for her 80th last year and loads of stuff happened. They had goofy "call" her on one of their phones when we were coming out of an attraction, she got a special dessert and they let her keep the plate (which was decorated) at 1900 park faire BF along with a placemat signed by characters, we got extra fast passes good for anywhere in MK (we used them for mine train) and they delivered a special Mickey shaped chocolate box with mint candies inside that said happy birthday on it, to our hotel room.

I was beyond impressed with the staff at the Grand Floridian (where we stayed) for taking such good care of her. There was even a really nice older man who was there every day greeting people as they arrived and every day when we were heading to busses or monorail when he saw us he would take special time to say hello to her and wish her a good day. Honestly I went to the desk halfway through the trip in tears of happiness to thank them for all they'd done. My gramma is clinically depressed and it's so hard to make her smile but they made it happen so often. (I'm also crying now as I type this and remember it).
Love that it was the 80th birthday! So special

Love that it was the 80th birthday! So special

By a stark contrast, I just went again to celebrate my 30th birthday and stayed at AoA this time and was actually there ON my birthday and nothing to extraordinary happened. I still had a great time and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't at least hope something extra special occurred but just several "happy birthdays" and a shout out during the street parade dance party thing that happened in magic kingdom- the guy that hosts on the float started to sing to me as he passed by. Which was really cool though I didn't realize at first he was talking to me and my friend elbowed me and was like "pay attention" I was too busy taking photos.

I somewhat suspect that they can tell if you're paying for the more expensive resorts and cater a bit more to you if so.

Either way- I still had a fantastic time and spending my birthday In Magic Kingdom is a special memory for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!