"Birthday Hats"

serenababy

Earning My Ears
My daughter wants to bring something back for her classroom. I had heard about a "birthday hat" they sell at Disney which could be worn by the birthday boy or girl on their special day at school. Does anyone know what these hats are like and where I might find one at Disney?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

We have a Birthday Cake hat from WDW. It looks like a layered cake with candles on top. There is a small switch on the side that you press to light the candles for about 30 seconds. It cost about $20 if I recall correctly. They are somewhat heavy and work better on an adult than a child since they are somewhat top heavy. But my son wore it in July when it was his birthday. Not as frequently as I did in June, though. I saw them at lots of places at WDW wherever they sold hats.

I have seen the hats and they are really cute. Something to keep in mind if your dd wants to bring it back for everyone in the class to use- Teachers usually discourage children from sharing hats of any type due to lice. It would be ashame to have your dd bring it back and have the teacher tell her it can't be used. What a very thoughtful daughter you have though. Maybe she could get some sort of birthday pin or something for the class to have.

My DD also wants to bring something back for her classmates. At the foodcourts you can get the mickeyhead crazy straws. They are either25 or 50 cents. Each kid can get one for under $30. Also remember that kids have b-days in the summer, and schools already started. We had 6 bdays in Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter