Birthdays On Board

Kaitysmom

<font color=blue>My DD got picked as the Big Kahun
Has anyone celebrated a birthday on the ship? My DD just had a great time at WDW this year and I was thinking about doing the cruise next year...

We celebrated my wife's birthday on the Magic in October of 2001. She received a special birthday pin at dinner that night from our server.

The last two years my husband's birthday has fallen during our vacation, and we have celebrated accordingly at WDW. Our May cruise will fall just after both children's birthdays and I would love to make that part of their birthday celebration. I am not looking for a handout, but how would I handle some special observation of their birthdays, perhaps during our first dinner? Will it seem odd to the server that that particular day is not their birthday? Will they think that I am weird for requesting a belated (or ongoing) birthday acknowledgement?

This has been a little issue with our family, as due to school we will never be able to be at Disney, or on a cruise, on their actual birthdate, and it has been so cool for DH to celebrate. I figure the closest we can get is a little bit late celebration on the cruise!

When I made our December cruise ressies through DVC, they asked me if we were celebrating any special events, birthday etc., I told her I would be celebrating my birthday. They asked me which date I wanted to celebrate it on the boat. My birthday is actually in the middle of the cruise, so I chose to celebrate it on that day. YOu can celebrate anything you want, just let DCL know and since it's for your daughters, I would double check with your server the first night.

Just returned from the 2/22 Eastern. My DS celebrated his birthday while on board. We had informed DCL about the upcoming event and the server knew all about it when we reminded him the day before the actual birthday. Just call DCL and let them know what you're celebrating and they will take care of the rest. The servers plus others they could round up sang, clapped and brought out a birthday cake.

woody64

Maybe you could also order a gift basket from DCL or from Shirley at A Perfect Gift so you have a present waiting for you in your cabin when you board.

What is a Perfect Gift? I just used Gifts of a Lifetime at the parks and it was great!!!!

The Perfect Gift can deliver gift baskets to the ship. You can check out their website at www.theperfectgift.cc (note it is cc not com) I have purchased baskets from them for both of our cruises. Shirley and her crew are super nice and will help you personalize what goes into your basket.

We have celebrated numerous brithdays onboard....the wait staff loves to fuss over the birthday person and brings out a cake and has everyone sing. Our wait staff actually brought over about 20 other servers to sing to us last cruise!!!! They do not check to see if the day you celebrate is your exact birthday...they really do not care....many people celebrate if their birthday is that month or so.

This year it will be my birthday on the 5/17 Magic (my b'day is 5/17) but I chose to celebrate on the 18th (formal night) in the dining room.

MJ

Do they have the "Today is my Birthday" pins for the kids?

Bumping this up for you. We got an "I'm Celebrating" button. Anyone get the birthday pin?

My 21 year old niece got a birthday pin from our head server on our January cruise. She proudly wore it to the clubs that evening!!!

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter