"Black Dahlia" Movie - Does It Get Better After 30 Minutes?

grinningghost

<font color=green>Has a thing for the Swiss Family
We started this movie on Friday and found it to be slow and stupid, but we only watched the first 30 minutes.

Should we finish it?;)

We thought it was pretty good. You do have to watch the whole thing though.

We thought it was pretty good. You do have to watch the whole thing though.

Thanks. Did you think the first part was draggy? I don't know, that whole boxing/hanging out with the one guy's wife thing was just not what I expected when I rented it.:confused3

I guess I'll pop it in and finish it.:)

I thought it was dreadful. I watched it for an hour in the theater and finally got up and left. It could have been a really good movie.

Thanks. Did you think the first part was draggy? I don't know, that whole boxing/hanging out with the one guy's wife thing was just not what I expected when I rented it.:confused3

I guess I'll pop it in and finish it.:)

You definitely need to get past all the boxing stuff to get into the story. The movie wasn't too bad and it stuck fairly close to the novel, but it could have been better. I liked it for what it was.

:rotfl2: I tried to read the book and found it the same way, draggy. I spoke to the girl in Movie Gallery when I was in on Friday, she said the worst part for her was Hilary Swank in the Femme Fatale roll, definite casting against type in her opinion. Think I'll wait till it comes to a movie channel.

No-- not really.

I watched the whole thing and kept on thinking Why am I doing this?

There is a 2 woman love scene somewhere in the middle of the movie. KD Lang sings about 1/4 into the movie. The end was so strange-- I didn't get it.

lol--we just finished watching this movie last night (took us 3 nights to get through it). it definitely got better as time went on, but thought it wasn't very good. i agree with your thoughts on hillary swank--dear god i couldn't take her after about 3 minutes--terrible casting for that role. i usually get most movies, but this one i was pretty lost throughout--it may have been that it was hard for me to concentrate since at times it was unbelievably boring. i would still watch the end though.

This movie was horrendous!

I am a Dahlia buff so I was excited when the movie came out(waited for the video) and I have to say I was never so disappointed in a movie as I was in this one!!

Save yourself the rental fee!

And can I ask...Am I the only one who can't believe they solved the case?? And who the heck decided that this was the way they believed she should have died??

Horrible just horrible!

Finished it. It never got any better. It would have been better if it was a movie about something else, with the Dahlia case in the background - because that's what it really was anyway.;)

I HATED that movie... It was SOOOOOOOO dull...:rolleyes1 They tried to fill the movie with too many subplots, and kindof ignored the fact that aren't they trying to find the stupid Black Dahlia killer??

To quote my review of it " This movie REALLY gets going and interesting about 15 minutes before the end credits roll." ;)

Ugh, I made a huge mistake and rented the wrong one!

Before the one with Hillary Swank came out I went to the video store and grabbed the one called "Black Dahlia" by Ulli Lommel. It was horrible!! So gruesome.

I didn't realize the one I wanted was the one by Brian De Palma called "The Black Dahlia". :rolleyes:

Oh well. It sounds like that one wasn't very good either so I guess I didn't miss out on anything. lol

The pace stays about the same through the entire movie, you either like that or you dont.

I enjoyed it, my wife fell asleep(at the theater).

We only made it thru the 1st hour when we rented it. Glad to know we weren't the only ones!!!!;)

I had already read the book so I knew what to expect-but I'm glad it was a freebee from Blockbuster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter