black friday Target. buy $50 get coupon for 20% off

smores

DIS Veteran
fine print says cant use at pharmacy or optical.....says something about other exclusions.....has anyone ever seen this coupon? can you buy gift cards with it? is there a limit?

All the ads I've seen just say exclusions will be on the coupon. I've NEVER seen a coupon that can be used to purchase gift cards and I think it's pretty certain that will be an exclusion.

They do this coupon every year for black Friday. Gift cards won't be able to be used with the 20% off at a later date, I'm 99% sure

I'm pretty sure that when they say "CVS pharmacy, clinic and Target Optical are excluded from qualification," that means you can't spend $50 in those areas in order to receive the coupon for future use. The coupon itself will contain the exclusions, which usually include gift cards.

Can I purchase a gift card for $50 to get the coupon though?

So there's still hope!

I suppose, but the last few years they've done this, it hasn't worked on any entertainment cards at all. Unless you get a sympathetic manager that agrees that the gift card is classified as an entertainment card and overrides the total.

You can get the coupon both in store and online... (We got one from a relative at Thanksgiving since we won't see them at Christmas). You can also qualify for the 20% off coupon by redeeming an order either partially or completely with a target gift card it worked online for me this morning. Coupon gets emailed to you later.

Last edited:
I just got my coupon, pasting the fine print... :
Category Coupon. Valid one-time use only. Limit one identical coupon per guest. Percent off coupon will apply to all qualifying items in transaction. Cannot be combined with any other Category Coupon. This coupon for use by original recipient only. Void if copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, sold or prohibited by law. Promo code may not be applied to previous orders. Gift cards and tax not included in determining purchase total. No cash value.

*Excludes alcohol, Apple products, Bose, CVS clinic & pharmacy, dairy milk, DSLR cameras & lenses, Duluth Pack, Elf on the Shelf, select games (Cards Against Humanity, Joking Hazard, Exploding Kittens, What Do You Meme, Bears vs. Babies), gift cards, Google products, GoPro, LEGO, LG OLED TV, Mobile contracts, Nintendo hardware & Switch software, Playstation 4, prepaid cards, Pulsar watches, Sonos, Target Optical, Traeger, Tylenol pain relief, Weber, WellieWishers, Xbox One, Xbox One X.

Will Target have one day in December when the Target gift cards will be offered for a 10% discount, like they have for the last couple of years? I've googled it and asked managers at Target and haven't found out anything about it. It would be nice to have Disney gift cards, bought with discounted Target cards, for my Christmas trip, but I may have to be satisfied with cards bought with my Redcard.

Will Target have one day in December when the Target gift cards will be offered for a 10% discount, like they have for the last couple of years? I've googled it and asked managers at Target and haven't found out anything about it. It would be nice to have Disney gift cards, bought with discounted Target cards, for my Christmas trip, but I may have to be satisfied with cards bought with my Redcard.
Right now that’s still unknown.

You can get the coupon both in store and online... (We got one from a relative at Thanksgiving since we won't see them at Christmas). You can also qualify for the 20% off coupon by redeeming an order either partially or completely with a target gift card it worked online for me this morning. Coupon gets emailed to you later.

This explains why I just received the 20% off in my email! I placed an order yesterday online, but not for $50. However, I used a $10 gift card to pay for part of it & was shocked to see the coupon come in today. Yay!

I wonder why though the 'spend $50 get email coupon" is in the description of the Disney gift cards online?

I wonder why though the 'spend $50 get email coupon" is in the description of the Disney gift cards online?
If you purchase 50 of gift cards you get the coupon. You can't use the coupon to save money off a gift card.

This is odd, I ordered something yesterday on Target.com for $24.99, and I just got a 20% code in an email right now, from that order. Very strange as it wasn't $50 and it wasn't today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter