Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

Aw I can’t believe it’s your last day :(
But hey you did make your last day a fun day! JP’s wee face is just so cute! He really is a wee water baby isn’t he! Love his expression when the water “got” him lol
My kids all love those wee water fountainy (not a real word apparently but it should be) things. The 12 year old still races through them but if I can find it I will share my absolute favourite photo of him when he was wee “sitting” on the water! Even thinking about it makes me smile so I get why those photos bring back so many happy memories for you :goodvibes

Ps I’m also laughing my head off at all the toilet humour:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: but then again I’m easily amused :rotfl::thumbsup2

My kids all love those wee water fountainy (not a real word apparently but it should be) things. The 12 year old still races through them but if I can find it I will share my absolute favourite photo of him when he was wee “sitting” on the water! Even thinking about it makes me smile so I get why those photos bring back so many happy memories for you :goodvibes
:love:makes me smile to think about how i'll feel about it all years from now. I just love that it brings those memories up for you!!!

Ps I’m also laughing my head off at all the toilet humour:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: but then again I’m easily amused :rotfl::thumbsup2
If you're not laughing, I'd be more worried!

9DC78FA9-AAE8-4FCF-861D-CFEA227EB284.jpeg

My wee man is wearing the blue t-shirt and “sitting on the water” his words not mine :goodvibes
Sweet boy! Just-a-playing! I could just sit and watch my boy play all day. And now your boy's a big boy! I don't even want to think about that!

The Final Walk

Once we got out of the water, we walked around a little. Sure, JP could stay wet. We were walking around in the heat and it could keep him cool. We just HAD to see some more of AoA!

2JXsYSEC70USum5kXoDDP7ix8k68dAGHJ7GZnWeN9dvY0UeKj0LXSVj2xixVVDHYetmx_Hx24RYYO0wRcvLT0m_G0jdsBy-vCl7Q3C05T5ayoFaxORmtMY8Yk7G3OKsMxShs5tX2

This was our favorite sight! I remember JP getting excited to see this back then… probably because it looked like a giant stuffed animal. But now, we watch Lion King regularly and he makes us (or whoever has him) lift him up like Simba in the beginning.

The walking didn’t last long. OH THE HEAT! So we needed to make it to the gift shop and find JP a shirt to wear. Apparently I didn’t pack enough in this bag yet again to make it through water play. But with the sun out like it was, I didn’t want his fair skin subject to it without a shirt to buffer. So we wrapped him in a towel and went shopping.

This was our last chance to shop before heading home. I still had a little Disney money. We ended up getting JP a really cute Mickey shirt. They only had 18 months, but you take what you can get at this point! Everything else had been shipped off to the airport. I bought a coffee tumbler that I still use regularly. Coffee cups are kinda my thing. I don’t remember what Mom got, if anything.

Next, we went to the food court at AoA. They had this Chicken Parmesan for lunch that was just screaming my name! But they had some pulled pork sliders, too. But what we were really excited about was dessert! We all kinda gathered a few things and sat down to share.
kStON8i6rHogWg1zG1_j3-JSpHA1lIno7RJXS-eJt3XwABs5LS2xWDy06xQy0deg1loEJ6UCBYNfy-S15FI4DK2jVqDrF7g3gTnQqPiIk18sH59a4MuJ25mVrwgL0BwtjTuAsr63

FCryl7zpdXuUK64Zj-BTsSZkpom0eCevFk_krrgQ6cGrWi9XaSWW8K_rdpMbL6tn9KLTM9jMDo22mFvVBl6aq8CQ9LjRfFBsF4MZrXxezHfaH8q9n4C_RIY_0OM_fsnpSnlIDstU

vTwlRu1Nfi-b7_KXgBNa3tM4WBKS6McXXS9GQ5OV7r62lLwdXxErZQFcMU5ke18YDTtSaDIZDnOQGksVeVTQfbTWVe22wkxoFCI3Vp21f8o-jaTu0FzfN5bTIcDDXG7wFn-BbQvp

When you’re leaving with snack credits… you end your trip with lots of desserts.

Made for one happy boy.
x3Z7JiVFEqxKQXsH6R83NMijA37vv0a1OEdH3hOc7xatk5iPz-tXp1gAF3w9L7BObgko0HpSzRQYEYX0AzR_k_dIGC9HxTZbQjOBN37u-c1sdmReol7Kte35u3_CSqhYcXikWQ1m

Who is this little boy with hardly any hair? And to think we got his haircut this trip HAHAHA. Now I’m having to cut it myself every 2 weeks or so. GROWS LIKE WEEDS!
After we were shopped out and full, it was time to make the trip back to Pop and wait for our ME to the airport.

Womp womp wommmmmmmp.

They have a nice little setup to keep the kids busy. So Jimmy and JP played while we waited.

utHOvAwqnVdZkKf_FXoz7SgSwj6TTtgqTkZA_ymFDatE3qX3ZxBDU9y7xs4D3loSF77B-2f1cmq_rvIiSgR5RkMCW9mjHuIdT7EY65ZaEyMKJjZyRwZ0TioAZn27mqSew5TY8GSF
-8iE7wWrCx0OCxqgvoxPoa5ZtZ3j0-75qG8F6RFL8Aayo1_ySFhGEmuvv5qf1wehlvcVqhbn78PtMr6Cn3G1_Qdh_FxjBhz0IEcEG0cJDYEJQNN6iol8JIrhbTpXkdIOLVunYSEn
wFT3lENkSEIK7zLATbh0oeFCXnsl-nDZ6rk-IUBq-ACHGzsI7XSSSMQyZ62_1vHMAcSbx3sB5mncVgxCvmDyhKYR3JiKZ6UE7mOigU-eKAqp3NskPdKtOqC3tXMo7A7fdRZRaWcH

He made some friends around the blocks…
RhL828GdtyflOsVNtEHw1gYHAZR_KRr8Zz1RYRrUkAJl9luCMQ1O3dAUh2pPmyRNxjjh62qL28Iqw4_LBnm50JGSJV0Y-ofSDlN7Rk-fmQiyFyBzkimdUJsb8IXKVKkkkeh_Zx_q

Then the blocks found their way to his mouth.

Before we knew it, the bus arrived. We loaded up, said our goodbyes, and headed to the airport. Having a late afternoon flight was the best idea ever. And it made our flight at night. We were allllllll the way in the back of the plane, but it was a direct flight home and I think we were all asleep before we took off. No need to worry about chewing gum or ears popping… WE WERE OUT!

Gia did Epcot with her mom that day we were leaving and then AK the next day before flying home. Girl was WORN OUT.

Before we say goodbye, some of our Memory Maker Pics. Not sure which of these I’ve already posted.
hKZiykzkdmtPlZlRlcoAja5gaV7Qw-h3NaMYF83HNokUV-uM2pEhNlb62goa11PGhGYmxve803eR3-CPxI59F5L5rkGu2efKrWs4Gt_ncY5zqSNkO5mRt8ALqBWt7gJsu9VzVEl9

9BleqlLn6eov4LD92-e1jZNxTpS97oWyJqp3ecu9brp8s74J0YQqx4BO2SwltbtL9d7BIuBgaSFDWYNyCzq6UwXOu27-b4mD9lXJWSiiPeCqpoNeOjWG0Tazmx8O5lS4AIoZJbOU

_5UeNbRFSkmqkcuF8sgy6viM_1J1pRj3E472Ll_vlIwkWquCeGa2gVjUe8_zX8vH2Y54cnwOKS7TH8YVeC6MiP15K8By6Vsl6tbqJdKZfZQVDbSjm_T0wJz-DWa4AQZEUOo3KIB0

p_V_LkeHV1zSasEmLZTsTxpkOlEQaNUSWi2YUj4ywNrd-G1Jei6sT8ntLcTrj-vAxM2nvmtkOLRTqbhSMKLqyf62QIFuCy8BBzOLTucJLErv6rmiG5Q1bTAuXeF2rLXjIA-5G8ha

DWi9FrZ1OnZk3lHD6ylp_BwEfb5rze5YDsddoObs8LdKoxmkbehBbGkd46sfb7PkFUXpWdAEVqQnfHISrb4YoHkxXMhCFi5zOS4VuBPmymBRI86V3FzkRTEOPmSgxS5iqkV7FhWV
ENSbNEbHZ9TK_xITX7YpDHocH3XclK_GRHTag32M5ElzyeybTjEVqk275_mUd2f7q-Pd9f-YI_sA307ldyPZE-gR-4PSP2k2BkgeFqIilrd-mlvXfo5j1mx8aD9nRPFn092bxa13

Kuw81r7u5-efKLEwKJenKIgLE2kBvg0iV1BgopQ0MIwW-67pqo9c3JGvcjlf3B__rm3I2IjlaNvXRW5xG95SXThOVX7ccHdjN9FAIUK_BxCTM4v1oN0g8dxsHmfuGjYZHxrlIIM-
HAKxCVsbnH9y8PefQvMvwGxeij7u1snl6D6PyTiNlqdzU1uT02ZfUIe0b9IEUSk_Hq4rjEnOPj04j45JQZxW8Q9qYKneMcutzEoXZ-_pDZXcLFA56wlWdnpvaXBrMGyv9V06V8_v

Thank yall for following along as we took this (long) time to relive our trip. It really was my favorite trip to Disney thus far. We took a lot of time to make things more magical than we had in years prior. We tried a few new things, and stuck to the classics. We got to see old favorites through new eyes. I don’t think Gia will ever forget it! We did a LOT of divide and conquer. We enjoyed each other’s time and company, which is something we don’t get to do enough at home. We blended our family vacations for the first time. We had a blast putting together outfits. We visited the spot where we got married with both kids. We laughed! MY GOD, we laughed. It was magical and beautiful and I wouldn’t trade a moment of it for the world. My husband works very hard so that we can afford things like this and it makes it worth all his hard work when we can disconnect from the world and just be together. IM READY TO GO BACK NOW.

Until we meet again!

Also, I’ll get the link once we get it going, but Mom and I are going to work on a PTR to help us get organized and pass the time until our Christmas trip this year!!! WE JUST BOOKED OUR FLIGHTS YESTERDAY!

Thanks so much for taking us along on your adventures. I’ve loved every minute and can’t wait to hear all about your plans for your Christmas trip :)

But now, we watch Lion King regularly and he makes us (or whoever has him) lift him up like Simba in the beginning.
:lmao:
The walking didn’t last long. OH THE HEAT!
So... you're saying it was hot?
Apparently I didn’t pack enough in this bag yet again to make it through water play.
Bad mom! Bad!
So we wrapped him in a towel and went shopping.
Ah! So the "P" in JP stands for papoose.
They had this Chicken Parmesan for lunch that was just screaming my name!
mmmm… so good. And good for you! :rolleyes2
When you’re leaving with snack credits… you end your trip with lots of desserts.
Right there. That's a vote for why you should get it.
it was time to make the trip back to Pop and wait for our ME to the airport.

Womp womp wommmmmmmp.
You can't overemphasize that last "wommmmmmp".
:) Love that photo.
Recognize some of the shots, but... don't remember this one. Really like it, though. :)
Thank yall for following along as we took this (long) time to relive our trip.
Thanks for sharing it with us! :)
I don’t think Gia will ever forget it!
That's all the reward you need.
We laughed! MY GOD, we laughed.
:goodvibes
WE JUST BOOKED OUR FLIGHTS YESTERDAY!
Yay!!

In the interest of getting this report finished up I'm just going to insert a little here and there and a few pictures. As you can see by now, Michelle is the more entertaining writer where I'm more of the detail writer. My DH says I always kill his stories because I try to make him stick to what really happened and not what he embellishes.

We woke up that morning, knowing we didn’t HAVE to be anywhere until about 3pm. This was the BEST PLAN EVER. We had a few things in mind we wanted to maybe see and just take our time about. But first we had to pack up.

I really enjoyed this slower pace of getting out of the room. When we drive to Disney we're always up late the night before trying to pack up and up early the next morning to get started back. We also had gotten the late check out too

Now, I’m not one to really un-pack at hotels the way mom likes to.

Yes I do like to unpack. This was the first trip I used packing cubes and I loved them. It was easy just to put the cubes in the drawer. My DH also unpacks. I love being able to store the unpacked suitcase out of the way under the bed.
But we had to be pretty methodical with our luggage and storage in the new, fancy Pop rooms, so our stuff was EVERYWHERE. Organized chaos, really.

I don't know about organized but it was chaos.

We got JP up and changed and everything and Jimmy took him for their morning walk around Pop while Mom and I managed to sort through all the things we had and what needed to be carry-on and what not.

On this morning JP actually got a little upset with our slow pace. He was use to getting up and going. He did not like the fact that we weren't going anywhere.

The only thing I remember about leaving the actual room was that we were out of toilet paper.

Although we were out of TP and had been asking for it since the day before we never got any. I did have some bathroom wipes. And yes Jimmy uses a LOT of TP. We learned this the first time we went to the beach all together.

It must not have taken too terribly long to pack up because the pictures look like we were eating breakfast by about 7:30am. And prior to that, we had already sent our luggage to the airport… because there was entirely too much to sit at breakfast with.

We actually packed up a suitcase at a time them Jimmy and I would roll them to luggage place. That was a long walk. Luckily no one was over the 50 lb limit!

Don’t let that hurt your feelings, Ma. I’m just picking. LOVE YOU! And you’ve done a great job catching back up.

Whatever!

I used the time after we finished with all the luggage to finally take a walk around the resort. This seems to happen on our last day. Too busy trying to get somewhere during the week. We have stayed at POP a few time but I hadn't been here since 2009. I love all the bright colors around the resort.

DSC_0783.JPGDSC_0784.JPGDSC_0785.JPGDSC_0787.JPG

While walking around a came across a family just arriving. This little guy was so cute pulling his suitcase.

DSC_0788.JPGDSC_0789.JPG

He was really getting tired.

DSC_0790.JPGDSC_0792.JPGDSC_0794.JPGDSC_0797.JPG

I have more but I'll stop for now.

Hey! I know! Let’s go walk over to Art of Animation and check out THAT pool!!!! This was actually on the itinerary as a possible option. So that’s just what we did!

We really wanted to have a look around AOA since the last time we stayed at POP it was a shell. We did not go planning to swim just look around. But we all know how much JP loves water.

Once we officially were away from Pop and on the trek to AoA, we got to see the construction on the gondolas. That was cool!!!

I really looking forward to trying these in December. I don't think we'll use them for our main transport to DHS & Epcot but I want to at least try them.

Didn’t get to “swim” but we got in deep enough to really let him play. The Nemo pool is SO COOL.

See we didn't swim we just let JP cool off. How can anyone deny such a cute kid his enjoyment. He really does love water.

I do. My suitcase is empty if I'm staying in one spot more than an overnight.

Another thing we agree on.

Uh, oh... you've just unleashed all the "you can't pool hop!" people's wrath.

We really didn't go over there with the intent to swim. No one was in a bathing suite. We just wanted to look aroung and get lunch. But the gate was open and we couldn't keep JP out of the water.

Once we got out of the water, we walked around a little. Sure, JP could stay wet. We were walking around in the heat and it could keep him cool. We just HAD to see some more of AoA!

We really didn't get much further than this. It was just too hot. So we have lots more to explore when we go back. I know JP is going the love to see the cars section.

The walking didn’t last long. OH THE HEAT!

See, we did last far at all. It was time for some AC.

So we needed to make it to the gift shop and find JP a shirt to wear. Apparently I didn’t pack enough in this bag yet again to make it through water play.

We really needed way more clothes for JP. Next trip we're going to bring lots more.

I don’t remember what Mom got, if anything.

Yeah I got sucked in too. I think this was were I got the Disney bowl and plate for JP to use at the house. I know this is where I got the red Mickey/Minnie pulled back car. JP loved playing with this while we waited to board. He still plays with it.

Next, we went to the food court at AoA. They had this Chicken Parmesan for lunch that was just screaming my name! But they had some pulled pork sliders, too. But what we were really excited about was dessert! We all kinda gathered a few things and sat down to share.

The chicken parm was big enough for 2. We enjoyed getting to eat something different and I think Jimmy could eat pasta everyday.

I had big plans to use a snack credit for a dole whip. All week I had been wanting to do this. It was going to be perfect after the hot walk back to POP. But guess what? The machine was down. I'm still disappointed about this.

Before we knew it, the bus arrived. We loaded up, said our goodbyes, and headed to the airport. Having a late afternoon flight was the best idea ever. And it made our flight at night. We were allllllll the way in the back of the plane, but it was a direct flight home and I think we were all asleep before we took off. No need to worry about chewing gum or ears popping… WE WERE OUT!

This is so true. We all slept on the way back. We had no trouble with JP on this flight.

WE JUST BOOKED OUR FLIGHTS YESTERDAY!

This was a big step and not without a little drama. But you'll have to read about in on the PTR, once we get it started.

I'm sorry I don't comment more on trip reports, but I've loved reading this one! You sound like such a wonderful family, and I've enjoyed reading about JP and remembering my boys at that age. I have a college graduate and a high school graduate this year, and my life is full of nostalgia right now :lovestruc I'm lucky to say we've enjoyed every minute of our boys growing up, and can tell that you are too! And not to get too sappy, but a lot of that fun happened at Disney - it's a very special place :smickey:

We're booked for another trip this December too, right before Christmas (and taking my oldest son's girlfriend with us for the first time!). Not sure what your dates are, but if we see you in the parks, I'll be sure to say hi. Thanks for taking us along for the ride :wave2:

It was a great trip report! Thanks for sharing!

Also, I’ll get the link once we get it going, but Mom and I are going to work on a PTR to help us get organized and pass the time until our Christmas trip this year!!! WE JUST BOOKED OUR FLIGHTS YESTERDAY!
Yeah to another trip! can't wait to hear about your plans.

Thanks so much for taking us along on your adventures. I’ve loved every minute and can’t wait to hear all about your plans for your Christmas trip :)
:hug: Thank you! Mom used the word "drama" about the Christmas trip. I disagree. But it'll make for interesting plans because it's been an interesting year.
So... you're saying it was hot?
Juuuuuust a bit.
Bad mom! Bad!
LESS ON LEARNED!
Right there. That's a vote for why you should get it.
I will always vote to get it. All the times we've gotten ice cream or even a bottled water. Or when Gia realized she could use snack credits for cotton candy and the things she likes to buy instead of using her money... that was golden.
Recognize some of the shots, but... don't remember this one. Really like it, though. :)
It's one of my favorites. She actually took this one after we left, but it just makes me smile!
On this morning JP actually got a little upset with our slow pace. He was use to getting up and going. He did not like the fact that we weren't going anywhere.
I had forgotten about that! My bye-bye baby is always on the go.
We actually packed up a suitcase at a time them Jimmy and I would roll them to luggage place. That was a long walk. Luckily no one was over the 50 lb limit!
Forgot about this too. SOOOOOO many steps. Although I lost count about halfway into the trip when you burned my fitbit. KIDDING!!!!! Its jsut still funny.
We really didn't go over there with the intent to swim. No one was in a bathing suite. We just wanted to look aroung and get lunch. But the gate was open and we couldn't keep JP out of the water.
Yeah! 1 point for Mom!
We really needed way more clothes for JP. Next trip we're going to bring lots more.
Lots and Lots. Lesson Learned.
I'm sorry I don't comment more on trip reports, but I've loved reading this one! You sound like such a wonderful family, and I've enjoyed reading about JP and remembering my boys at that age. I have a college graduate and a high school graduate this year, and my life is full of nostalgia right now :lovestruc I'm lucky to say we've enjoyed every minute of our boys growing up, and can tell that you are too! And not to get too sappy, but a lot of that fun happened at Disney - it's a very special place :smickey:

We're booked for another trip this December too, right before Christmas (and taking my oldest son's girlfriend with us for the first time!). Not sure what your dates are, but if we see you in the parks, I'll be sure to say hi. Thanks for taking us along for the ride :wave2:
Well thank you for following along! My boy is only 2 and I get nostalgia everytime I see a baby or am reminded of things he USED to do or USED to say. So I feel ya! So glad we could provide that for you. AND I LOVE SAPPY! We will be down there in December, but getting out right as the Christmas rush will be starting.
It was a great trip report! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for following along!
Wonderful, magical trip, Ladies! Thank you so much for sharing all of your stories and photos. I loved every minute. :lovestruc
:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter