Blizzard Beach is closed; how are crowds at Typhoon Lagoon?

TandDandE

Mouseketeer
Hi Folks,

Since BB is currently closed, how are the crowds at TL?

I've never been to a Disney water park and I'd love to try one this trip. I'm wondering, when does TL currently gets busy? I'm hoping to go WED, 10/09 at opening and maybe spend 2 to 3 hours there with DW and DD9 (they like tamer rides so I'll be doing some stuff solo). Could I hit the good stuff and get through it in that time frame?

Thanks for your help!

Reply - can’t speak to the crowds but typically weekdays are not as busy as weekends. You should be fine. Typhoon Lagoon has a great lazy river. We spent Christmas Day there in 2017, and it was a great time

Wow- I missed the early refurb date- last I looked at park hours it was closing 10/27 so we were going to go 10/26 (a Saturday). With only 1 water park open on that Sat maybe I'll turn it into a resort relaxation day or we just go do Winterland Summerland mini golf. I assume that's got to be pretty empty when BB is closed.

We went to TL on our last trip (a Tuesday in April a few weeks after Easter) and did not arrive until around noon. was busy but not ridiculous and we were ready to leave after doing everything by 3. (including a fair amount of time in that crazy wave pool - yikes!). We started to the right and went counter clockwise but next time we want to go at opening and start at the back of the park and work our way to the front- I've heard that's a good strategy for TL when arriving at opening.

If relying on buses, be aware you need to first take a bus to Disney Springs and transfer to TL.

We love the water parks, they're awesome! Neither park ever gets "crowded" by comparison to the theme parks. If TL opens at 10am, you don't need to show up until 9:55am. Grab a chair and head for the slides. Hit the big ones first...Miss Adventure Falls, Humunga Kowabunga, Crush Gusher. You can do them with no wait as many times as you want in the first hour the park is open. Then hit the smaller attractions, then the lazy river and wave pool. The wave pool is amazing! You can get it all done in about 3 hours.

Just a note. There are stairs. Lots and lots of stairs. Be prepared to climb.

We were at TL today and it was quieter than I expected considering BB is closed. We were there just before opening and had our pick of the chairs. 5 minute waits for all the falls. There were two families in front of us to order lunch just after 12pm and plenty of tables free. I was worried it would be busy but it was very pleasant.

Typhoon Lagoon has a great lazy river. We spent Christmas Day there in 2017, and it was a great time

DW is very excited for this. (We haven't told DD9 about the trip yet.)

Wow- I missed the early refurb date- last I looked at park hours it was closing 10/27 so we were going to go 10/26 (a Saturday).

Glad it didn't bite you last minute!

We started to the right and went counter clockwise but next time we want to go at opening and start at the back of the park and work our way to the front- I've heard that's a good strategy for TL when arriving at opening.

Thanks for sharing your input! I'll merge your stuff with Klayfish's in my notes. Thank you!

We love the water parks, they're awesome! Neither park ever gets "crowded" by comparison to the theme parks.

Gotcha. I was just wondering if TL would feel extra tight with maybe the overflow of folks who'd normally be at BB.

If TL opens at 10am, you don't need to show up until 9:55am. Grab a chair and head for the slides. Hit the big ones first...Miss Adventure Falls, Humunga Kowabunga, Crush Gusher. You can do them with no wait as many times as you want in the first hour the park is open. Then hit the smaller attractions, then the lazy river and wave pool. The wave pool is amazing! You can get it all done in about 3 hours.

Thank you so much for the plan. Very much appreciated!

We were at TL today and it was quieter than I expected considering BB is closed. We were there just before opening and had our pick of the chairs. 5 minute waits for all the falls. There were two families in front of us to order lunch just after 12pm and plenty of tables free. I was worried it would be busy but it was very pleasant.

Oh wow. That's awesome news. I'm really looking forward to this! Thank you for sharing your experience!

An update..

We went WED 10/09/2019. We got there at 10AM. It was overcast and sprinkled a bit to greet us. We had such a great day. We stuck to our plan and spent just under 3 hours there and rode everything we wanted to. If we didn't have plans later, we could have easily stayed longer and would have been entertained the whole time.

We started on Miss Adventure Falls and were able to stay on for a 2nd round. Great ride.

Our favorite was the Wave Pool - it was crazy. I'm 6'1", 235#.. I tried to film us getting hit by the wave. The impact stopped my recording, flipped me over many times, and somehow the lanyard I had on made its way over my big head as I was flailing around trying to right myself in the water. We loved it.

My girls did 3 rounds in the lazy river and were petitioning for more.

I'm not sure how many times we did Crush n Gusher. Maybe 6. I could have done more.

Over and out!

Our TL day will be Saturday 10/26 at open or perhaps afternoon of Tues 10/29 (~11am). Any advice on crowds on TL on a Saturday? We were planning to go to BB as 10/26 was supposed to originally be it's last day of the season but then it had the extended (early) closure. Hoping winterland summerland is still open.

Our favorite was the Wave Pool - it was crazy. I'm 6'1", 235#.. I tried to film us getting hit by the wave. The impact stopped my recording, flipped me over many times, and somehow the lanyard I had on made its way over my big head as I was flailing around trying to right myself in the water. We loved it.

I'm not sure how many times we did Crush n Gusher. Maybe 6. I could have done more.

The first time we went to Typhoon Lagoon we were blown away by the wave pool, it's definitely our favourite. A close second is Crush n Gusher but it tires us out having to carry the rafts up all them stairs, so Miss Adventure Falls made a nice change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!