BLT Direct ?

Jack_Sparrow_NJ

DIS Veteran
Thinking of buying a small contract direct. Was thinking about BLT. Does anyone know what the chance are, how long the wait list is etc?

I bought direct at BLT last year. I was on the waitlist for about three weeks, but that doesn’t seem at all typical from what I’ve read on here. People are waiting for a long time. Also, since someone will inevitably bring it up, the price difference is $70+/point between direct and resale now. Although Disney has been very active in ROFR lately at BLT, it might be worth looking at resale pretty hard now. Good luck!

You’ve got a better shot of hitting whatever UY you’re targeting if it just passed or won’t require 2018 points. For example, February and March would be more likely than April-December right now. They’ve been buying them back like crazy though, so you may luck out even with April-December and get 2018 points.

For the price of 75 direct points, you can probably get about 125 resale points. With resale the primary (and not guaranteed to continue) direct benefits lost are the gold level season pass pricing, access to moonlight magic events, and no access to the Epcot lounge. There are a few other benefits, none of which are cost effective to use.

For the price of 75 direct points, you can probably get about 125 resale points. With resale the primary (and not guaranteed to continue) direct benefits lost are the gold level season pass pricing, access to moonlight magic events, and no access to the Epcot lounge. There are a few other benefits, none of which are cost effective to use.
The only other benefit, worth mentioning, that was taken away was the right to book at Riviera and beyond. Though the OP may not care about that but it is the largest restriction thus far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter