BLT in early December?

Sheri in CT

Mouseketeer
What are the chances of get a 1 or 2 BR in BLT for 3 nights (Sat/Sun/Mon) the beginning of December with only 5 months notice? The crowd planner says it's only a 4/5 out of 10. Assuming my contract passes, I likely won't have points until then July. I would love to surprise the kids with a quick trip in December. I have always wanted to see Disney at Christmas. Any hope or am I dreaming?

Depending on what size villa you were looking for, I would expect you to have to use the waitlist if you had your heart set on BLT.

What are the chances of get a 1 or 2 BR in BLT for 3 nights (Sat/Sun/Mon) the beginning of December with only 5 months notice? The crowd planner says it's only a 4/5 out of 10.

there is a HUGE difference between park crowds and DVC booking demand. early dec is the busiest period for DVC bookings - the holiday decorations are up and point costs per night are down - i'd always book my home resort at 10-11 months out and then accept that changing at 7 months is a long shot. in this case, SSR is your best bet.

here's a great thread for reference:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2919467

What are the chances of get a 1 or 2 BR in BLT for 3 nights (Sat/Sun/Mon) the beginning of December with only 5 months notice? The crowd planner says it's only a 4/5 out of 10. Assuming my contract passes, I likely won't have points until then July. I would love to surprise the kids with a quick trip in December. I have always wanted to see Disney at Christmas. Any hope or am I dreaming?

The DVC crowd planner says 10/10. I doubt if you will get anything at BLT that late. It is going to be hard to get nearly anything that late. Even OKW, SSR or AKV.

Plan your December trip for December 2014. Book it at your home resort in Jan 2014.

The DVC crowd planner says 10/10. I doubt if you will get anything at BLT that late. It is going to be hard to get nearly anything that late. Even OKW, SSR or AKV.

Plan your December trip for December 2014. Book it at your home resort in Jan 2014.

This, exactly. People are already talking about getting shut out as their seven-month window opened, waiting another two months isn't going to make it any easier.

Here's an idea, plan your first DVC trip for after the holidays and maybe plan a long weekend in early December on a cash reservation. Get an annual pass to cover both trips and you could take advantage of the AP discount for December.

The week of 12/3 and 12/10 are 4's. Thanksgiving weekend is a 10.

I will try this! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Sheri in CT said:

That's for park crowds. Early December is VERY popular for DVC members. I booked once at 6 months out. I could not get either of my home resorts. I could only get SSR.

I think the poster is referring to the fact that the first of December is one of the most crowded times of the year for DVC members to try and use their points at a Disneyworld resort. Yes, the regular crowds aren't that high, and you could easily reserve a regular room at that time thru Disney CRO, it isn't nearly that easy trying to book using points. Most owners who visit at that time of the year book 11 months out - not 5 months out.

I think the poster is referring to the fact that the first of December is one of the most crowded times of the year for DVC members to try and use their points at a Disneyworld resort. Yes, the regular crowds aren't that high, and you could easily reserve a regular room at that time thru Disney CRO, it isn't nearly that easy trying to book using points. Most owners who visit at that time of the year book 11 months out - not 5 months out.

That's for park crowds. Early December is VERY popular for DVC members. I booked once at 6 months out. I could not get either of my home resorts. I could only get SSR.

Oh, now I understand:thumbsup2. I didn't realize there was a rating for DVC members. I guess I'll have to wait. I might end up with extra points so I thought it would be a fun trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter