BLT Room Request?

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
We have a 1 bedroom Lake View room booked at BLT next week. If I want a room on the same floor as, and close to the walkway to the CR, what should I ask for?

Also, the reason I'm requesting this is because DH does not go in elevators. He knows how badly we (me & the kids) wanted to stay at BLT so he agreed thinking he could just go in the CR, take the escalator, then the walkway to BLT. But once at BLT, he needs to remain on whatever floor that is because of the elevator situation. So, should I explain this when I make my request? Will that help my chances of getting the request?

TIA

The Sky Bridge connects to the 5th floor of BLT at the South Elevator bank. On the Contemporary side, the Sky Bridge connects to the 4th floor where the shops and most dining is located.

One problem you may face is that the bridge is on the 5th floor. If you want to go to the pool, that is down on the 1st so then he will be taking 5 flights of stairs to go to the lobby, pool, Community room. If he won't get in an elevator, you may want to request 3rd floor so then it's only two flights of stairs either way. Or just request 1st floor and then just take the sidewalk over to Contemporary. Too bad because he will also miss out on the fireworks at the TOWL.. Will a few drinks put him at ease?!?! :thumbsup2

It sounds like you really needed a standard view so you can stay on the first floor. Then your DH could use the escalators over at CR when you go there. But now every time you want to go to MK, the pool or the Community Hall he'll have to go to CR and then use the escalators and then walk back to BLT.

It doesn't sound like your DH has any problems walking but just a problem using an elevator. So I would call MS and have them add a remark that due to medical reasons you need a 5th floor room. And then add a request for your room to be near the south elevators and skywalk.

I would make the 5th floor your priority on the medical reason.

One problem you may face is that the bridge is on the 5th floor. If you want to go to the pool, that is down on the 1st so then he will be taking 5 flights of stairs to go to the lobby, pool, Community room. If he won't get in an elevator, you may want to request 3rd floor so then it's only two flights of stairs either way. Or just request 1st floor and then just take the sidewalk over to Contemporary. Too bad because he will also miss out on the fireworks at the TOWL.. Will a few drinks put him at ease?!?! :thumbsup2

He has no problem walking a lot or taking a bunch of stairs. At some of his jobs he's climbed 20+ flights of stairs. So, he's used to it. And yes, he will miss out on TOWL :guilty: I wish a few drinks would put him at ease! lol He doesn't drink. I can't imagine it would be leagal to not have a staircase off of the TOWL? I wonder if there is anyway to get him up there? :confused3

It sounds like you really needed a standard view so you can stay on the first floor. Then your DH could use the escalators over at CR when you go there. But now every time you want to go to MK, the pool or the Community Hall he'll have to go to CR and then use the escalators and then walk back to BLT.

It doesn't sound like your DH has any problems walking but just a problem using an elevator. So I would call MS and have them add a remark that due to medical reasons you need a 5th floor room. And then add a request for your room to be near the south elevators and skywalk.

I would make the 5th floor your priority on the medical reason.

BLT is not my home resort, so when I booked at the 7th month mark, there were no standard views. A 1st floor room would've been easier for sure. Thanks for the advice! I'm going to call tomorrow and say exactly what you said! :thumbsup2

Here now & I had made the room request but when we checked in they said they had us on the 6th floor (it wasn't ready we got here at 9:30am). I stated my reasons for needing the 5th floor & they said they would get us a 5th floor room. The room isn't ready yet. I know they have until 4 to get us in our room, and I really hope it's the 5th floor!

Here now & I had made the room request but when we checked in they said they had us on the 6th floor (it wasn't ready we got here at 9:30am). I stated my reasons for needing the 5th floor & they said they would get us a 5th floor room. The room isn't ready yet. I know they have until 4 to get us in our room, and I really hope it's the 5th floor!

So did you get the 5th floor and how did the vacation go?!?!

Yes we got the 5th floor!! Perfect location! I'm going to post a review when we get back. I will say we had some issues with our room, but they were all taken care if during our stay. We're having a great time & the location of BLT can't be beat! They aren't my favorite rooms because if the layout & furniture that is just not holding up well. But more on that in my review soon to come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter