BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

4th floor in NOT TPV, it's standard view. I would comp[lain and get points back.

I agree - it's really not possible that's TPV. It used to be but then they moved some rooms out of the TPV into standard view. For the number they announced they were changing the only ones that really made sense were the 4th floor I thought. I too had a 4th floor TPV studio for my very first stay there. And it was just below the walkway so many were looking into the room. I ended up shutting the curtains so at least they were only looking at me when out on the balcony.

4th floor in NOT TPV, it's standard view. I would comp[lain and get points back.

I agree - it's really not possible that's TPV. It used to be but then they moved some rooms out of the TPV into standard view. For the number they announced they were changing the only ones that really made sense were the 4th floor I thought. I too had a 4th floor TPV studio for my very first stay there. And it was just below the walkway so many were looking into the room. I ended up shutting the curtains so at least they were only looking at me when out on the balcony.

Per the front desk...theme park view starts on the 4th floor (I am sending owner service an email about this issue since I also found out in call with the front desk that my request for a high floor made through calling owner services DID NOT show up when the room assignments were made. They can move us up to the 12th floor on Tuesday so at least for five nights we will be on a much higher floor).

Front desk also said there are only two 1bd units per floor for theme park view.

Per the front desk...theme park view starts on the 4th floor (I am sending owner service an email about this issue since I also found out in call with the front desk that my request for a high floor made through calling owner services DID NOT show up when the room assignments were made. They can move us up to the 12th floor on Tuesday so at least for five nights we will be on a much higher floor).

Front desk also said there are only two 1bd units per floor for theme park view.

Oh, they definitely put people in them again for TPV but following the point reallocation it's hard to believe they actually are in that category. I think that may have been done back in 2010 or 11.

Regarding requests - it isn't completely unusual for the to not make it thru or for the room assignors and front desk to say they did not see them. You really can't count on it at all.

------------
So - was looking back and there were 10 rooms that were changed. It used to be 3rd floor was also part of the TPV category. There was a poster who speculated that a 5th floor room would be shifted to standard view and there would still be some 4th floor rooms in TPV. But with 10 rooms moving out there would have to have been some 4th floor changed. Here's what they speculated:

"You could be right. However, I have my own theory as to the "10 rooms" they plan to reassign:

3rd floor - all rooms reassigned as SV (7316, 7318, 7320, 7326, 7328, 7330)
4th floor - half of the rooms reassigned as SV (7426, 7428, 7430)
5th floor - one room reassigned as SV (7530)"

Last edited:

We have successfully moved from the 4th floor room 7420 to the 12th floor and a much better view. Member services was very apologetic about not getting the high floor room request to BLT and DH and I got daily extra fast passes for the inconvenience! (In my email to member services I told them when I called in and asked them to listen to the recording).

So to recap TPV floors....4th floor is now considered TPV which I don’t agree with but for some reason DVC didn’t consult me:sad2:

Last edited:
I'm glad you were able to be moved. It's crazy to pay that much more in points and get a fourth floor room for TPV.

So I just lucked into a last minute room at BLT. We extended our stay and decided to come in to WDW a day earlier for our F&W run weekend. So we are now arriving on 10/31/19. We were staying at an All Star and then a 1 bdrm Standard View popped up for 28 points. I needed to use up some points or bank on Friday. I took the BLT but I have never stayed there. We were hoping to watch Hallowishes at the DVC lounge and we have brunch at the Wave booked on the 1st when we check into OKW Any advice for a first timer?

So I just lucked into a last minute room at BLT. We extended our stay and decided to come in to WDW a day earlier for our F&W run weekend. So we are now arriving on 10/31/19. We were staying at an All Star and then a 1 bdrm Standard View popped up for 28 points. I needed to use up some points or bank on Friday. I took the BLT but I have never stayed there. We were hoping to watch Hallowishes at the DVC lounge and we have brunch at the Wave booked on the 1st when we check into OKW Any advice for a first timer?
Congrats! I love the shops at the Contemporary. We also like to get takeout from Contempo Cafe and bring back to our room. One of my favorite things about the location is the proximity and access to so many other resorts (for meals, shopping, and other activities). There is easy access to GF, Poly, WL, and FW. So, convenient for classes at CCV or activities at Fort Wilderness. Enjoy your trip!

We stay on the 4th floor every single year (seriously 4 or 5 years in a row) and it’s always standard view. That’s crazy they are assigning people TPV rooms in it

We check in Saturday in another standard view with a 4th floor request so I guess we’ll see!

76196543-DB89-4749-9DAE-9D6A0D129750.jpeg What did I do wrong? I studied the map, locations of standard studios and that the range was from the first to fifth floors. I didn’t want to get too specific, so I just said hire floor when I made the reservation. I called again a week ago to confirm this and was told that they would try but nothing was promised. We got to the resort yesterday at 10 and room wasn’t ready but I did ask the front desk which room was assigned. All I was told, it wouldn’t be a first floor studio. I went to MK and got the text at 2 that the room was ready and it was 7218. It has a parking lot view and a view of the monorail. At 4, I talked with check in and said that I had requested a high floor and got one on the second floor. She called whoever does reservations and was told that there were no standard studios above the second floor. Obviosly, that contradicts what’s said here. If what they said isn’t correct, I’ll follow this up with Disney when I get home. For me, the view is nice but not a deal breaker but I don’t want to waste my time making requests at the 11 month period and following them up when the request isn’t an option. Any suggestions?

What did I do wrong? I studied the map, locations of standard studios and that the range was from the first to fifth floors. I didn’t want to get too specific, so I just said hire floor when I made the reservation. I called again a week ago to confirm this and was told that they would try but nothing was promised. We got to the resort yesterday at 10 and room wasn’t ready but I did ask the front desk which room was assigned. All I was told, it wouldn’t be a first floor studio. I went to MK and got the text at 2 that the room was ready and it was 7218. It has a parking lot view and a view of the monorail. At 4, I talked with check in and said that I had requested a high floor and got one on the second floor. She called whoever does reservations and was told that there were no standard studios above the second floor. Obviosly, that contradicts what’s said here. If what they said isn’t correct, I’ll follow this up with Disney when I get home. For me, the view is nice but not a deal breaker but I don’t want to waste my time making requests at the 11 month period and following them up when the request isn’t an option. Any suggestions?
I think for both standard and TP view studios, a request doesn't get you much. Since they are filled to capacity, if the other rooms are occupied when you check in, they are not available. I have checked in to a TP view studio to have them tell me they had to pull the only available one out of service. So, I was moved to lake view. Also, it sounds like they have been moving view designations around. Above people have said they booked TP view and were put on 4th floor. Regardless, they are pretty clear when you make a request that it is only a request. So, it wouldn't be worth your time to follow up on it with anyone.

Thanks for the reply. I won’t bother with requests for standard studios in the future. I really don’t understand how they could go from 5th floor standard studio to now only 1st and 2nd floors. That’s quite an adjustment!

Thanks for the reply. I won’t bother with requests for standard studios in the future. I really don’t understand how they could go from 5th floor standard studio to now only 1st and 2nd floors. That’s quite an adjustment!

It's actually impossible. But they probably felt it was easier for the front desk to tell you that than to tell you they didn't really try to get you into a high floor room or that the higher floors were already occupied.

What did I do wrong? I studied the map, locations of standard studios and that the range was from the first to fifth floors. I didn’t want to get too specific, so I just said hire floor when I made the reservation. I called again a week ago to confirm this and was told that they would try but nothing was promised. We got to the resort yesterday at 10 and room wasn’t ready but I did ask the front desk which room was assigned. All I was told, it wouldn’t be a first floor studio. I went to MK and got the text at 2 that the room was ready and it was 7218. It has a parking lot view and a view of the monorail. At 4, I talked with check in and said that I had requested a high floor and got one on the second floor. She called whoever does reservations and was told that there were no standard studios above the second floor. Obviosly, that contradicts what’s said here. If what they said isn’t correct, I’ll follow this up with Disney when I get home. For me, the view is nice but not a deal breaker but I don’t want to waste my time making requests at the 11 month period and following them up when the request isn’t an option. Any suggestions?

What she might have meant is that there are no available standard studios above the second floor??

IMHO, this thread is very misleading, I think you got one of the best standard rooms going, center view of castle, fireworks from room at a discounted price. The room above you used to be a theme park room you'd pay a premium for, at the moment TPV starts two floors above yours. As far as the rooms above the second floor are concerned, they are usually discounted for a reason, less desirable for one reason or another. The rooms ending in 04/06 are behind a large tree and some somewhat noisy birds, 08/10, the handicap row, is mostly lakeview even though the chart says otherwise (we stayed in 7310 as a lake view less than a year ago while many people on this thread say it is standard), 12/14 are over the dumpster.

As far as handling requests, the problem is everyone is usually asking for the same thing. If 4 standard rooms come available, one with a view of the fireworks/high floor with 4 people asking for it, your odds aren't very good. Even worse, as long as Disney continues to give new rooms to "complainers", that one room might not have been available at all. If you had requested an inside odd number room or ground floor, I'm sure you would have received it.

I hope you enjoyed your trip regardless.

For those of you with experience with the two bedrooms, is it noisy at all in the ones near the elevator banks like 7616 or 7630 for example?

We just stayed in 7530 beside the elevator and the bridge, I was expecting some noise but didn't hear any at all. One of the beauties of dedicated two bedrooms is that the sleeping areas do not have hallway doors so they are extremely quiet. My son and daughter (young adults) slept on the chair and living room pullout, both average sleepers and both said they didn't hear anything. We have also stayed in a room ending in **16 with the same experience.

I will say however, external noise (buses, maintenance) has bothered me at a number of resorts, all part of Disney I suppose.

We have successfully moved from the 4th floor room 7420 to the 12th floor and a much better view. Member services was very apologetic about not getting the high floor room request to BLT and DH and I got daily extra fast passes for the inconvenience! (In my email to member services I told them when I called in and asked them to listen to the recording).

So to recap TPV floors....4th floor is now considered TPV which I don’t agree with but for some reason DVC didn’t consult me:sad2:
I can confirm that they told us today at check in that 7420 is now a TPV. My husband asked specifically about that room.

We are on the 4th a bit farther down (don’t want to give away our room number while we are here currently) in standard view.

For those of you with experience with the two bedrooms, is it noisy at all in the ones near the elevator banks like 7616 or 7630 for example?
We had 7530 (I think that’s what it was. It was a dedicated 2 bedroom next to the elevators) like 3 years ago and had absolutely no issues with elevator noise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts