Blue Bayou-dessert only?

CaliforniaDreamin

<font color=deeppink>DIS Veteran (and then some)<b
I have had my heart set on eating at BB when we are at DL. However, reading the tres expensive lunch and dinner menus, I am starting to rethink this. I mean, there are 4 of us, there is no way we will get out for less than $100. I'm a little taken aback by the fact that the lunch menu is no less expensive than the dinner menu. However, I still want to go to BB and was wondering if it is acceptable to just order drinks and dessert? Even this looks like it would cost more than what would could do dinner for at other restaurants. But what can I say, I have my heart set on Blue Bayou!

I don't see why you couldn't order just dessert if you wanted to. That's a pretty good idea. I have wanted to eat there and we haven't yet. We are usually too full, it's too late, or it was closed for refurb. So maybe next year when we go ... we'll make it there, and having dessert is a good idea.

Does anyone know where I can find the menu posted online?

The dessert is fabulous. I had the triple creme brulee. Loved it. Very rich. Enjoy

Why don't you split meals? That's what we're planning on doing. It's a $5 charge and you both get salad or soup and all of the sides. They just split the main item. Who wants to be totally stuffed walking around DL anyway?

An earlier post from someone who was there said they ordered dessert for 4 and it was no hassel. I can not find it in a search though. May have been another board.

Jack pirate:

MissKIA said:
Why don't you split meals? That's what we're planning on doing. It's a $5 charge and you both get salad or soup and all of the sides. They just split the main item. Who wants to be totally stuffed walking around DL anyway?

Hmm, I knew there was a $5 sharing charge, but I didn't realize you both get the sides. This sounds promising.
On the other hand, the creme brulee is calling my name, it sounds awesome!
I guess I'll just go ahead and make the PS when it's time, and figure out what we are in the mood to do when we get to Blue Bayou! I do like the idea of sharing a plate.

Thanks everyone!

Our first (or maybe it was first w/ my mom) we planned to do only Dessert. It was in off season so BB closed at 3, I think. So I made a PS for 2:30 but we were so busy having fun that none of ate lunch and by 3 we were pretty hungry, so we ended up eating a meal AND having dessert. But this was before the unreasonable price increase.

I think it's worth the 5 dollars for splitting a meal and both people get all the sides ( if that is the way it is done) This resturant is big $$$$$ seems lunches and dinners are the same.....Oh well they got ya, we all have to eat even at DL. :rotfl2:

That is exactly what we did at lunch, we shared the Monte Cristo so we would have room to share the creme brulee dessert. My 18 year old son balked at me and didn't want to share. He didn't think it would be enough food. Well, of course, Mom was right and he even admitted it when the food came. It was just enough, maybe even a little too much with the dessert. It was the best way we could do it and saved us money. Worth the 5.00 split charge.

disneychrista said:
But this was before the unreasonable price increase.

I hear ya! Blue Bayou is sooo expensive for just LUNCH. I wish they would lower it for lunch at least. :( I haven't tried their new menu yet but I'm glad I got to eat there before the refurb. I'm addicted to their prime rib! :love:

We have 8pm ressies for just that dessert. We wanted to eat there as we have always done on past trips but not really wanting to pay that much for atmosphere so we decided that we are just going to go for dessert.

In the past we have always split a meal anyway or one of us has gotten and appatizer and salad and the other a meal. This has always worked out great for DH and I. $5 is not too much to pay for a split meal with your own sides and on your own plate.

Hope you get to go!

Really, it's more about the atmosphere than anything else, and when we were there on July 14 for my mom's birthday, I was quite disappointed. The crab cakes appetizer was $11.99 and barely fed us as we waited for two more people. They did away with the clam chowder, and that, to me, is such a crime. My mom and her sister are highly alergic to sulfites, and almost everything had balsamic vinegar/wine in it. Asking repeatedly became a chore for our waiter, but we don't want a trip to the ER, either! The least expensive item on the entreé menu was $24.99 and wasn't too good to begin with. And after eating, I was stopping in every bathroom in the park since NOTHING sat well in the least.

I wouldn't mind trying to go back just for dessert (since we didn't get it last time!), but I may not be able to convince the rest of my family members. They were quite disappointed as well. :(

Wow thats too bad sorry you were sick. But your right it really is all about the atmosphere. And since they do't have my favorite Mardi gras Salad anymore this is problably what we are going to continue to do, just go for dessert.

Just ate at the BB on July 18th - DH and I split a Monte Crisco and we both received the delicious salad - 1/2 of the Sandwich (which is really a full sandwich each since they are sooooo big) & pasta salad on the side. It was a full size meal for each of us. Well worth the 5.00 split charge.

Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter