• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Bayou on the 17th of July?

barbaraann

Chicago Gal
If I want to eat at the Blue Bayou restaurant on the 17th of July, when should I call for a PS?

It's exactly 2 months away. 60 days away is tomorrow. 45 days away is June 2nd, and 6 weeks away is June 5th. This PS thing for Disneyland is very confusing. I have heard all of those responses. Just want clarification, and probably should just call and ask.

Thanks again for anyone who has the answer.

For July 17th you can start making PS's now. I made mine for Blue Bayou right at 8am PST and was on hold for about 10 minutes, but I did get the lunch PS I wanted.

Call (714) 781-DINE then press option 4.

:flower: ,
Katie

I got the lunch PS that I wanted for the Blue Bayou on the 17th of July. Since there are 6 of us, I am sure glad that I called today, instead of waiting until tomorrow. They could be all gone by then. The people at Disneyland, seem to be a little less rigid about these things. At WDW, if its 60 days out - its 60 days exactly. No exceptions.

I was also able to get 2 other PS's for later in the week. Need to call back for Ariel's Grotto tho.

So anyone looking for a PS for the anniversary, call today. NOW!

Technically 60 days from July 17 is tomorrow (May 18) since there are 31 days in May. However having said that they are taking PSsfor the 17th today. I just called up and made mine and the CM said that they weren't supposed to be taking PSs until tomorrow but they had decided to open it up a day early.

Thank goodness for me, I'm spending most of my day on planes etc tomorrow.

Amberle3 said:
Technically 60 days from July 17 is tomorrow (May 18) since there are 31 days in May. However having said that they are taking PSsfor the 17th today. I just called up and made mine and the CM said that they weren't supposed to be taking PSs until tomorrow but they had decided to open it up a day early.

Thank goodness for me, I'm spending most of my day on planes etc tomorrow.

Actually, Disneyland does not do exact days like WDW. They calculate the PS start dates by using the same date you want to go either 1 or 2 months ahead.

Example, If you want Goofy's Kitchen on 11/24/2005 you would call 9/24/2005. If you want Premium Viewing for Fantasmic on 9/19/2005 you would call 8/19/05.

:flower: ,
Katie

Thank you so much - I was just able to get a PS for 12.50pm for two people - at least I know we will be eating something that day!!!
Wendy

Well, I tried to make a ressie for Carnation Cafe, but they close early that day (doesn't make ANY sense to me!)... it does make more sense if they are taking walk-ins for the afternoon

I ended up making PS for Blue Bayou for 1:50 :)

So besides the blue bayou what else can we make reservations for? We are leaving july10th and returning home july 18? Have i ever missed out on some things?

Mary Jo said:
I ended up making PS for Blue Bayou for 1:50 :)

We're 11:40

We should start a thread just to find out who's dining there that day and when!

MamaKate, I know that in the past PS requests for DL have been a little different. I've never been able to figure out the exact dates things have gone into their system - for example last time I was there (December) I called at the 60 day mark and they didn't have the dates in the system yet. I was told to try back at around 6 weeks out. I tried then and they still weren't in the system, I was told to call back at 5 weeks out. When I spoke to the CM this morning and she said that they weren't supposed to sell them until tomorrow, I figured that perhaps they had decided to adopt the same 60 day policy as WDW.

Mary Jo: My PS is also for 1:50. Perhaps we could plan on meeting just for a quick hello. I will be there with another younger mom and four children. We will all be in our dark Jade colored t-shirts that say "Disneyland Here We Come" on the front and "Remember it all Started With a Mouse" on the back. I designed them myself, something special for the anniversary day. Really looking forward to my Disneyland trip. My first. You have given me much advice and help in planning this trip and I can't believe its two months away only. I will also most likely be sporting my Dis luggage tag somewhere on my person.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter