Blue Card for Parking

Katie2

Mouseketeer
Just arrived to aulani and was asked to present my blue card in order to obtain free self parking. I explained to the CM that the blue card has nothing to do with parking benefits which are written into the deed and she held firm that this is a new policy Aulani has implemented since June 2019. Anyone have any insight on this development? We are DVC owners but are renting points for this reservation.

You shouldn't NEED your blue card (or digital version) to get the free parking if the room is booked with points. If you are paying cash for the room you would then need to show your blue card for the free parking. You will need to show your card around the property to get any discounts associated with the DVC Membership. It is normal for them to ask for your blue card when you are checking in, to confirm membership.

Hopefully this isn’t a new policy. We rented points and I would really like to get free parking. If I have to pay, obviously, I will, but I wasn’t planning on it.

I always thought parking was included in the deed too. I was their in August and didnt pay any parking fees.

FYI

If the room is booked under points (whether the member is present or not) the parking is complimentary (self)

If the room is booked through cash, a member staying in the room (confirmed through DVC ID) will still get the complimentary self parking. Non-member will be responsible for the normal parking charges.

we were just there on points and I don't recall them asking to see our card at check-in for parking.

We checked in on Tuesday and were renting points and we're not DVC. They didn't ask for the membership card at check-in for parking either. They did ask for the membership card when we went to get our pool bracelets though.

Just arrived to aulani and was asked to present my blue card in order to obtain free self parking. I explained to the CM that the blue card has nothing to do with parking benefits which are written into the deed and she held firm that this is a new policy Aulani has implemented since June 2019. Anyone have any insight on this development? We are DVC owners but are renting points for this reservation.

So did you get everything worked out with the self parking?

We checked in on Tuesday and were renting points and we're not DVC. They didn't ask for the membership card at check-in for parking either. They did ask for the membership card when we went to get our pool bracelets though.

How does the DVC Membership help at the pool vs just your room key that would show you are a registered resort guest?

Oh wow. they only needed our room key for towels and wristbands at the pool.

How does the DVC Membership help at the pool vs just your room key that would show you are a registered resort guest?

I’m not sure. They give you sparkly bracelets but from what I know theres no difference at the pool. Just thought it was interesting since I had thought the membership cards were only needed for Dvc events and discounts.

So did you get everything worked out with the self parking?
To be honest, I haven’t checked. After a 15 min exchange which involved me reminding the cast member that parking privledges are deeded and don’t require a blue card, we were able to get out room keys and the valet agreed to hold our car to allow us to take our luggage to the room. In order to avoid any additional hassles we ate dinner before going back to park our car at the self park. By the time we returned that CM was gone for the night, but I’m dreading calling the front desk to have another discussion about parking privileges. It definitely was not the best way to start our vacation, but it seems that Aulani is really really milking the blue card issue. Even my husband commented that he feels like a second class DVC citizen.

To be honest, I haven’t checked. After a 15 min exchange which involved me reminding the cast member that parking privledges are deeded and don’t require a blue card, we were able to get out room keys and the valet agreed to hold our car to allow us to take our luggage to the room. In order to avoid any additional hassles we ate dinner before going back to park our car at the self park. By the time we returned that CM was gone for the night, but I’m dreading calling the front desk to have another discussion about parking privileges. It definitely was not the best way to start our vacation, but it seems that Aulani is really really milking the blue card issue. Even my husband commented that he feels like a second class DVC citizen.

I would ask to speak with a manager, and show them this:

https://www.disneyaulani.com/about-aulani/parking-transportation/

Parking for Disney Vacation Club Members
Disney Vacation Club Members staying on a points reservation can enjoy convenient self-parking at no daily charge for up to 2 vehicles.

If you are staying on DVC points, you should be getting free parking. There's no asterisk saying since Disney pay for the parking lot themselves, and not out of the Aulani MF dues (which I seriously doubt), that it's a blue card benefit only.

Great3

I would ask to speak with a manager, and show them this:

https://www.disneyaulani.com/about-aulani/parking-transportation/

Parking for Disney Vacation Club Members
Disney Vacation Club Members staying on a points reservation can enjoy convenient self-parking at no daily charge for up to 2 vehicles.

If you are staying on DVC points, you should be getting free parking. There's no asterisk saying since Disney pay for the parking lot themselves, and not out of the Aulani MF dues (which I seriously doubt), that it's a blue card benefit only.

Great3
Will do. Thank you!

Will do. Thank you!

Good Luck, and let us know how it turned out. This will affect many of us Resales owner in the future also. I do own at Aulani, it's my home resort. That's why reading this thread makes me upset.

Great3

Last edited:
They did ask for the membership card when we went to get our pool bracelets though.
This must be new too. When we were there, we stayed on rented points and are not owners. They verified our reservation with our room key and must have seen "points" when looking at the reservation, because we got DVC bracelets each day.

There's no difference that I know of. We received DVC bracelets each day staying on rented points, not owners, and there was nothing different that we could have taken advantage of.

You shouldn't NEED your blue card (or digital version) to get the free parking if the room is booked with points. If you are paying cash for the room you would then need to show your blue card for the free parking...
When we visited during the volcanic eruptions, and had to cancel the Big Island part of our trip, we extended our points-booked stay (we own at Beach Club) by paying cash for a few more days in a regular resort room. The front desk insisted on charging us for parking even though we had the blue card and had just stayed on points. We complained to various officials in the resort with no luck until finally a concierge had mercy on us and comped the parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!