Blue Card for Parking

Resale gets “free” parking, we pay to maintain the parking lots in our yearly dues.

But only if you bought resale before June 2019. That’s the issue. Rentals are a completely different issue.

But only if you bought resale before June 2019. That’s the issue. Rentals are a completely different issue.
meaning: what if you rented from Someone who bought direct or resale? It’s supposed to get tricky, because it won’t show up as a rental- and many owners have both resale and direct- what if they sell the one direct contract? It’s really a mess.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I’m not a DVC member. Is the blue card for all DVC members? Is there any visible difference between someone who bought resale vs someone who bought directly from Disney?
If you buy direct you get a card from Disney. If you buy resale you will not get a card from Disney so that is how they know.

I have only bought direct.
This is totally whack. If you are on points, you should get parking free. It is a common area. You also should get tokens.

I have only bought direct.
This is totally whack. If you are on points, you should get parking free. It is a common area. You also should get tokens.

I agree, but the problem is depending who you get at the front desk, you will get different answers and experiences. Like I said, I think some CM(s) are misunderstanding what the June changes is about, and just interpreting that everything needs a blue card now, when the change is really just to add a benefit to "direct" purchasers with blue card membership when they book outside of DVC points on cash reservations.

Hopefully this is the case, and if so, than Aulani management needs to do a re-training of their CM(s).

Great3

This thread makes me nervous when we pull into Aulani with our rented Suburban ($$$$) for our first DVC trip in Feb 2020. We are recent resale buyers, coming in to Aulani on 427 SSR points. I don't want to face this fight on my first DVC trip. Do I really owe parking on my resale contract? When I was looking at renting points, Davids website clearly states parking is included with a DVC rental.....

Again, if you are a member you DO NOT pay for self-parking. Resale or direct. If a CM gives you an issue, ask for a supervisor.

“Parking for Disney Vacation Club Members:

Disney Vacation Club Members staying on a points reservation can enjoy convenient self-parking at no daily charge for up to 2 vehicles.”

https://www.disneyaulani.com/about-aulani/parking-transportation/

The problem is that it seems that there is an issue with CM training at Aulani. Despite the rules, some still demand a blue card for deeded privileges. This creates serious headaches when all you want to do is relax and enjoy your (really expensive) vacation.

You will get free self parking if your room is booked on points. No exceptions.

The Front Desk will (should) always ask for a DVC ID if you are booked on points upon check-in. This has nothing to do with parking privileges, it is to make it easier for DVC Members to get perks from the Front Desk without having to have their card everytime (Laundry Tokens, etc).

Reading through this thread it seems like (maybe) 1 or 2 people were questioned about parking at the Front Desk? (Katie was incorrectly charged, possibly from Valet?) Another got incorrect information from DVC themselves? This doesn't seem like as big of an issue as it is becoming here... I'm just hoping to clear up some confusion.

FYI

If the room is booked under points (whether the member is present or not) the parking is complimentary (self)

If the room is booked through cash, a member staying in the room (confirmed through DVC ID) will still get the complimentary self parking. Non-member will be responsible for the normal parking charges.

I thought if you booked via cash reservation, you still paid for the parking fee as it is only for DVC booked reservations no matter who is staying in your room (dvc or non-dvc member). If you're a DVC member paying cash, you perceived as a cash guest in regards to parking.

I thought if you booked via cash reservation, you still paid for the parking fee as it is only for DVC booked reservations no matter who is staying in your room (dvc or non-dvc member). If you're a DVC member paying cash, you perceived as a cash guest in regards to parking.
That was one of the changes from June. Now, a DVC Member will get comp self parking no matter the room they are in (or how that room was paid for).

Just arrived to aulani and was asked to present my blue card in order to obtain free self parking. I explained to the CM that the blue card has nothing to do with parking benefits which are written into the deed and she held firm that this is a new policy Aulani has implemented since June 2019. Anyone have any insight on this development? We are DVC owners but are renting points for this reservation.
We had to show our DVC card when we were there. Weird I know..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts