Boarding time???

Petals & Pixie Dust

DIS Veteran
What time will we board the Wonder at Port Canaveral for a 3 day cruise?
Trying to figure out when to bring the rental car back...
Thank you!

Boarding usually begins between 11:15-11:30. They will start with the family of the day and then Platinum Castaway Club members and Concierge. After that they will call groups every few minutes. Your boarding number will be based on the Port Arrival Time that you select when you do your on-line checkin. Those with a 10:30 PAT will have a lower boarding number than those with a 12:00 PAT.

HA! We are 60 days out! THANK YOU SO MUCH for bringing this to my attention. I'm so out of the loop...Guess it means I have to cruise more!
We're checked in and have our time.
Thanks again!

If you don't get the PAT that you would prefer, you can keep checking back, and you may find a time your prefer come open that wasn't before, as people move their times around.

If you get to the port well ahead of your PAT, can you sign in if there isn't a line? We will be driving all night and probably will arrive two hours ahead of our PAT.

If you get to the port well ahead of your PAT, can you sign in if there isn't a line? We will be driving all night and probably will arrive two hours ahead of our PAT.
If you arrive earlier than your Port Arrival Time, and the terminal is crowded (or full), as it well may be between the actual opening time and when boarding begins, you may be asked to wait outside the terminal until such time as it's less busy, or your PAT comes around.

One other note, you'll still receive the same boarding number whether you check in early or not, as it's tied to the PAT you selected.

Last edited:
The parking garage opens 9:45-10:00am. The Terminal 10:30. They usually start boarding the ship 11:15-11:30.
Restaurants and the pools open at 12:00 and cabins are ready at 1:30.

On our last cruise our PAT was at 12:30, however we arrived just after 12:00. They had already started general boarding so we were able to board then. We stood in line for less than 5 mins.

On our last cruise our PAT was at 12:30, however we arrived just after 12:00. They had already started general boarding so we were able to board then. We stood in line for less than 5 mins.
I like this answer! We're planning to show up early and if there is a lull in the line we will ask. Cruise #7, here we come! Haven't been cruising in 3 years, so I was wondering if/how things have changed.

I like this answer! We're planning to show up early and if there is a lull in the line we will ask. Cruise #7, here we come! Haven't been cruising in 3 years, so I was wondering if/how things have changed.

They will let you in early once general boarding has begun. For example, if you have a PAT time of 1pm and you show up at 11:30, you won't get in then. I think general boarding can begin anytime between 12-12:30.

Boarding usually begins between 11:15-11:30. They will start with the family of the day and then Platinum Castaway Club members and Concierge. After that they will call groups every few minutes. Your boarding number will be based on the Port Arrival Time that you select when you do your on-line checkin. Those with a 10:30 PAT will have a lower boarding number than those with a 12:00 PAT.

Small correction in the order of boarding. B2B, concierge, family of the day, then Platinum get #1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter