Boardwalk grand villas

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
Even though we won’t be traveling to WDW for a loooong time, we have started tossing around accommodation ideas for whenever our next trip is.

1. Where are the grand villas located at the Boardwalk?

2. Does anyone know where I can find a video room tour of the 2 story grand villa? I can only find single floor GV tours. I know if we book a BW grand villa we could get either type, but I’d like to see the 2 story somehow before booking there.

Thank you!

Even though we won’t be traveling to WDW for a loooong time, we have started tossing around accommodation ideas for whenever our next trip is.

1. Where are the grand villas located at the Boardwalk?

2. Does anyone know where I can find a video room tour of the 2 story grand villa? I can only find single floor GV tours. I know if we book a BW grand villa we could get either type, but I’d like to see the 2 story somehow before booking there.

Thank you!
All BWV GVs face the Boardwalk. The 2-story GVs are in the yellow area located beneath The Boardwalk sign. There is one HA GV located 2 floors above the Screendoor store and it has a small balcony in the master bedroom overlooking the Village Green.

This is an older video, but it shows the 2-story, GV. The decor may have changed but you can at least get a feel for the layout

ETA: This post gives a better description of the 2-story without pictures
https://www.disboards.com/threads/help-me-with-a-boardwalk-grand-villa.804335/post-8454253

Last edited:
Here's Touring Plans floor plan for the DVC side of Boardwalk. The grand villas are on floors 3, 4, & 5: https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/253/building

I couldn't find any floor plans or walk throughs either, but here's another DIS Forum thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/two-story-boardwalk-grand-villa.2823442/

thank you so much!

All BWV GVs face the Boardwalk. The 2-story GVs are in the yellow area located beneath The Boardwalk sign. There is one HA GV located 2 floors above the Screendoor store and it has a small balcony in the master bedroom overlooking the Village Green.

This is an older video, but it shows the 2-story, GV. The decor may have changed but you can at least get a feel for the layout

ETA: This post gives a better description of the 2-story without pictures
https://www.disboards.com/threads/help-me-with-a-boardwalk-grand-villa.804335/post-8454253

Perfect! This is great. We’ve stayed in a BWV studio since the refurb so I’m familiar with the current look/feel. This gives me a great feel for the 2 story GV layout - thanks!

We stayed in a BWV grand villa several years ago. It was fabulous!!! So much communal space. It was a 1 story unit though. I think it would be neat to stay in a 2 story, but 1 story was great. I wasnt' a fan of the boardwalk noise until 11 PM, because we are rope-droppers, but if you can stand it, don't mind it, or are night owls, it'll be great. BWV is our home, so we're often there and love it!

There are 7 GVs, only two of which are two-story. You can request a single-floor and have decent chance of getting it. All of them are on the boardwalk above the general store. We have been in both and find the single-story to be better than the two-story.

One major difference is that the single-story has a large laundry room, ideally located near the master bathroom on the first floor. The two-story has no laundry room. Instead, on the second floor, at the end of the hallway, right next to the third bedroom is a small closet with the w/d. The designers/engineers could not have picked a worse location for the w/d. The ones most likely to do the laundry are those in the master bedroom downstairs and thus they have to haul things up and down the stairs when doing laundry. Moreover, that third bedroom is a likely place for children to sleep, but if, as is often the case, you need to do laundry late after return from a park, the w/d make loud noises, keeping everyone in that bedroom awake.

The single-story has the larger, combined living room/dining room/kitchen. The first upstairs bedroom in the two-story has a balcony that overlooks part of the downstairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts