Boardwalk Inn pool - any chance of of renovation?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
When was the last time the Boardwalk Inn pool was renovated? Is that the original? I won't even look at this resort because of the clown pool. My kids would be scared of it and I find it very cheesy also. They could theme this pool area so much better. I would love to stay there if the pool area was more appealing.

When was the last time the Boardwalk Inn pool was renovated? Is that the original? I won't even look at this resort because of the clown pool. My kids would be scared of it and I find it very cheesy also. They could theme this pool area so much better. I would love to stay there if the pool area was more appealing.
Yes it is original. IMHO they will not retheme it when it needs a renovation, Thank Heavens. There are what - about 15 hotels at WDW? If it doesn't appeal to you than move on. Not every thing appeals to everyone. To want something rethemed to your likes is unlikely

What is with all the posts lately with people demanding the Boardwalk pool be changed? If you don't like the theme, then pick one of the other many Disney resorts. Or even the Swan and Dolphin. Good grief. I find the whole of the Grand Floridian too stuffy for my taste, so I simply don't stay there. I don't demand they re-theme it to suit me.

The pool is located on the Villas side. So rooms on the Inn side don't even look out at the pool from their rooms. There are two other pools that guests can use at the BWI and Villas.

That pool area is called Luna Park, after Luna Park at Coney Island.

I think the pool at the BWI is really cool and themed perfectly for the resort, it’s not scary at all and it’s a really fun slide and pool area. I loved it when we stayed there, I think it’d be sad if they rethemed it as it works perfectly with the resort theme as is. The whole Boardwalk area is really charming, people who won’t stay there because of the pool are really missing out!

This is the mentality of people today. If they do not like something, then they find it offensive and in their reasoning, it should be offensive to everyone. They do not stop to think that many people may actually like the theme of the pool. There are also more people that are not afraid of clowns than those that are afraid.

Nowhere did the OP "demand" the pool be rethemed or say anything about being offended by it. She/he said they were AFRAID of it. Nothing about other people needing to feel the same way.

Irrational fears are just that...irrational. I have a highly irrational fear of the witch from Snow White (traumatic childhood experience) that to this day at age 42 triggers panic attacks anytime I see her. I still rode the Snow White ride...but I really hated it and was happy to see it go away. I have to look away from her at the end of 7DMT.

I get the OP's question about the pool. I find the clown face creepy too (thought that slide may be the best pool slide on property) and even though I requested a room that did NOT have a pool view last time we stayed there, we were given a room that stared directly into those lifeless soul sucking eyes LOL.

OP...a retheme is unlikely, and certainly nothing scheduled at this time, so your only option is staying elsewhere if the clown is a deal breaker. Enjoy your trips.

Nowhere did the OP "demand" the pool be rethemed or say anything about being offended by it. She/he said they were AFRAID of it. Nothing about other people needing to feel the same way.

This isn't the first post about this very subject. There was one only a few days ago asking the same thing. Which is why I didn't point out the OP as demanding anything. But even so, my response is the same. You don't like or are afraid of something, you deal with it. And not by asking it be changed to suit you either.

If you've ever been to Luna Park at Coney Island or seen pictures of the Luna Parks in some cities in Australia, you'd see that clown mouth as an entrance/exit is pretty prevalent and using it at the "Luna Park" pool at BWI is pretty consistent with the vintage East coast boardwalk vibe of the resort. I HATE clowns! I find them super creepy, but we love BWI and the pool. The clown sort of blends into the background after a while and I've never focused on it. Even when DS10 goes down the slide, I don't really notice the clown. It's a great pool - I love the fact that I can sit on the pool deck and still have eyes on DS wherever he is (walking up to the slide, waiting to go down, etc.) - and the slide is pretty fast. BWI is actually our favorite resort and I don't want to be anywhere near a real clown. If you've ever wanted to give the resort a try, I would try it! You might be pleasantly surprised.

I love the Boardwalk pool area! I don't think there will ever be a change nor should there be. I do agree it could be better .... keep what is there and then add some more fun to it, amp it up!

There are plenty of Disney hotels I don't like or don't like the theme and so I don't stay there. Rule out what you don't like and focus on the ones you do. No reason to stay somewhere you don't like.

The pool is located on the Villas side. So rooms on the Inn side don't even look out at the pool from their rooms. There are two other pools that guests can use at the BWI and Villas.

That pool area is called Luna Park, after Luna Park at Coney Island.
Exactly. Don't like the clown pool then don't use it. Stay there but use a different pool. There are 2 others

Yeah, I don’t think there’s a need to re-theme the pool at the Boardwalk. There are a million projects I’d rather see them do before that. There are lots of other resorts to choose from at Disney.

The Boardwalk pool area is a beautifully designed period piece to reflect the early 1900's boardwalk theme park look. The slide is roller coaster-themed as well as clown-themed. And the clown is a nice clown, not a horror movie clown. It's in perfect condition with no need of renovation. Stay at Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge to get a forgettable slide. Let those with a love of old-fashioned whimsy stay at the Boardwalk.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts