Boardwalk Inn pool - any chance of of renovation?

Nowhere did the OP "demand" the pool be rethemed or say anything about being offended by it. She/he said they were AFRAID of it. Nothing about other people needing to feel the same way.

Irrational fears are just that...irrational. I have a highly irrational fear of the witch from Snow White (traumatic childhood experience) that to this day at age 42 triggers panic attacks anytime I see her. I still rode the Snow White ride...but I really hated it and was happy to see it go away. I have to look away from her at the end of 7DMT.

I get the OP's question about the pool. I find the clown face creepy too (thought that slide may be the best pool slide on property) and even though I requested a room that did NOT have a pool view last time we stayed there, we were given a room that stared directly into those lifeless soul sucking eyes LOL.

OP...a retheme is unlikely, and certainly nothing scheduled at this time, so your only option is staying elsewhere if the clown is a deal breaker. Enjoy your trips.

OMG thank you. LOL. I am not demanding a rehab or retheme. I just think it looks cheesy and dated and was hoping a rehab might be coming! Just as so many other hotels have rehabbed their pools!

OMG thank you. LOL. I am not demanding a rehab or retheme. I just think it looks cheesy and dated and was hoping a rehab might be coming! Just as so many other hotels have rehabbed their pools!
In this case the theme is turn of the century whimsical, like the entire resort. I don't think they are going to change the resort theme or the pool theme.
But, there are lots of resort options at WDW, which is very nice.

I was never thinking you were demanding a retheming. However you seem to have not heard that many -the majority- do not agree with you. They do NOT think it is cheesy They do not think it needs a retheming. They think you need to choose somewhere else to stay.

If you've ever been to Luna Park at Coney Island or seen pictures of the Luna Parks in some cities in Australia, you'd see that clown mouth as an entrance/exit is pretty prevalent and using it at the "Luna Park" pool at BWI is pretty consistent with the vintage East coast boardwalk vibe of the resort. I HATE clowns! I find them super creepy, but we love BWI and the pool. The clown sort of blends into the background after a while and I've never focused on it. Even when DS10 goes down the slide, I don't really notice the clown. It's a great pool - I love the fact that I can sit on the pool deck and still have eyes on DS wherever he is (walking up to the slide, waiting to go down, etc.) - and the slide is pretty fast. BWI is actually our favorite resort and I don't want to be anywhere near a real clown. If you've ever wanted to give the resort a try, I would try it! You might be pleasantly surprised.

Thank you! I guess you could be right.

I was never thinking you were demanding a retheming. However you seem to have not heard that many -the majority- do not agree with you. They do NOT think it is cheesy They do not think it needs a retheming. They think you need to choose somewhere else to stay.

Lol sorry I messed with their clown. haha

I had no idea someone else posted something similar recently!! I would have just read that thread and commented.

Wonder if anyone would get offended if I said I felt the Contemporary Pool needs a rehab? (and I do!)

Last edited:
Lol sorry I messed with their clown. haha

I had no idea someone else posted something similar recently!! I would have just read that thread and commented.

Wonder if anyone would get offended if I said I felt the Contemporary Pool needs a rehab? (and I do!)
Curious. Why? Is it rundown and in bad shape? Cracking, falling apart? That's when things need a rehab, right? What reason do you think it needs rehab? Last time I was there it looked fine to me. Not that I'm offended by any means, just curious why you find it is in need of rehab

I agree with you OP! My kids saw pictures of the slide and refused to swim in the pool. Since we really wanted to try the resort, we stayed over New Years when it was too cold to swim anyway.

Curious. Why? Is it rundown and in bad shape? Cracking, falling apart? That's when things need a rehab, right? What reason do you think it needs rehab? Last time I was there it looked fine to me. Not that I'm offended by any means, just curious why you find it is in need of rehab

For what the Contemporary costs, that whole pool area is so dated. Looks exactly as I recall when I went in 1989 and 1990, down to the dated pavers. I also find it too much hardscaping in that area. And it's part of the reason I won't choose to stay there again, although I loved it as a kid. It's just very unappealing to me, at this point, for the deluxe price tag cost. The location can't be beat and if the pool got a nice rehab, I would stay there again but not until it does. There is just nothing special about it. But obviously they are filling the CR every night at the Deluxe tag so that's just my opinion!

Last edited:
I agree with you OP! My kids saw pictures of the slide and refused to swim in the pool. Since we really wanted to try the resort, we stayed over New Years when it was too cold to swim anyway.

Good idea~!! How did you like the hotel otherwise?

Ok now them's fightin' words LOL!

At least as a former Contemporary lover (see I said former) I think I can justify my opinion on this one (I stated reasons above). Although we are all entitled to our opinions anyway, for the prices we pay to stay on property !

At least as a former Contemporary lover (see I said former) I think I can justify my opinion on this one (I stated reasons above). Although we are all entitled to our opinions anyway, for the prices we pay to stay on property !

We LOVE the CR (own aat BLT)...and while we love the pool's at both, my wish for the pool would be more shade. I'd love to see it have the look of a high end spa pool:
m-resort-pool.jpg

bca9ee8fcbe5c9841315a28cfedc0deb.jpg

tzoo.64300.0.714058.AlianteSpaPool-CP.jpg

For what the Contemporary costs, that whole pool area is so dated. Looks exactly as I recall when I went in 1989 and 1990, down to the dated pavers. I also find it too much hardscaping in that area. And it's part of the reason I won't choose to stay there again, although I loved it as a kid. It's just very unappealing to me, at this point, for the deluxe price tag cost. The location can't be beat and if the pool got a nice rehab, I would stay there again but not until it does. There is just nothing special about it. But obviously they are filling the CR every night at the Deluxe tag so that's just my opinion!

I agree the Contemporary pool is kinda nothing special themeing wise, I love the pool because it never seems to be crowded even when we stayed in the middle of the summer (July) it wasn’t ever overly crowded like many of the other pools can be. I kind of think the pool not being a big draw for most people is one reason why I like it!

So you'd like to see a retheme, not a rehab. Or even more than a retheme, since it doesn't have any theme at all. Unless you think concrete chic as it's theme, LOL. At least it has cabana's. They are in a habit of taking them out when they redo pools. So careful what you wish for.

Me, I have to admit, if the pool gets me wet, it does it's job.

I agree the Contemporary pool is kinda nothing special themeing wise, I love the pool because it never seems to be crowded even when we stayed in the middle of the summer (July) it wasn’t ever overly crowded like many of the other pools can be. I kind of think the pool not being a big draw for most people is one reason why I like it!

That makes sense. Just afraid i will miss feeling more resort like with a stay there again, now with little children. And I hate that they removed the arcade (kids club would not interest us).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter