Boardwalk review

We were just at the BW as well maybe the week before you and while we have already stayed there once before 16 years ago.... We did not really like it then and still do not... I do enjoy being close to EPCOT and HS the pool slide is the most fun (fastest) of all the DVC slides -but the POLY being in the dark wins by a small amount-- the Pizza window is actually very good we like the entertainers and few other things..... We however find the staff and people to be the least friendly of all DVC resorts (BC excluded as we have not and no desire to stay for reasons) that is not to say we did run across people we spoke because we did but not nearly as much as the other resorts... We in fact did have an issue with getting our room on time I went to the front desk and they were nice but nor helpfully until the second time I went up (but nice both times) when we have had minor issues in other resorts eve it was always addressed on the first visit and fast --one time the battery on the auto door lock light bulbs missing stuff like this.... did not like the pool area in general but I knew that going in.. do not like the bus service I still find the slowest of all DVC resorts... I also do not find the resort or BW itself relaxing but maybe because we live near the Jersey shore? Would I stay there again..... if I were spending a lot of time at EPCOT yes if not.. I would much rather stay at what we find more relaxing... or in another 10 years or so to see if our opinion changes.
As far as AKL that is one of our favorites I think the second time you stay there you start to understand the resort... it seems a lot of people say it is dark and........ but go back and feel completely different... we were in between as well after the first stay but loved it after the second -- We prefer Jambo over Kidani however the master bathroom in Kidani 1 or 2 BR is by far the nicest for all the DVC resorts or at least that is our opinion... pre BLT (and after) nothing was even close.

Just got home from 4 nights at Boardwalk. We've stayed there a few times before and have always liked it a lot. However, this time left something to be desired. First, we didn't get a text about our room being ready. The confirmation said rooms should be ready at 3. We got to our resort at 5:30 and asked at the front desk. The girl we talked to was very nice and apologetic and went into the back to see what she could find out. She came back a few minutes later and said the carpets were wet and someone was going upstairs to find out a status to see if we could get into our room. We went and sat on the patio and waited for a text which she said would come. At 6:00 we went back inside and spoke to the same cast member. She was surprised we were there because "your room was ready 30 seconds after you walked away." I showed her the text from 5 minutes ago apologizing that our room as still not ready. She said that's not the right text. She did give us 3 fast passes and our room number. We went upstairs and just wanted to relax. We'd been traveling since 3:30am. We got to our room and our bands nor our phone worked. Went back downstairs and spoke to the same cast member again. She apologized and asked the lady at the computer to confirm if our room was online. They said it was. They took our magic bands and reset them. We finally got into our room about 6:15 pm. They did not follow us upstairs to make sure it worked, or offer us anything else. The manager on duty left a voicemail on the room phone saying she'd let the hotel manager know and apologized. This had to happen before we got into the room - so they knew it was an issue since the light was flashing when we opened the door.

When I went to shower the next morning I noticed mold along the ceiling and wall, and something sticky on the bathroom wall. Mold. On the wall and in the grout. Housekeeping did come in and make the beds but never restocked the coffee which was a bit annoying. Nor did they repaint the scuffed doors or remove the sticky substance from he wall. I know that I could have gone down and complained, but honestly for as much money as we spent per night - Boardwalk isn't cheap - I shouldn't have to deal with these kinds of issues. It makes me wonder why the carpets were wet to begin with. I will seriously reconsider staying at Boardwalk again. Disney really needs to up their service if they are going to charge that kind of money for a room.

So I had a friend book BW in Sept. On arrival at the ME she discovered that they moved her to BC. She went to BW anyway as that is where she booked and wanted to stay (they've stayed at BC a few times and wanted to try BW). They could not get her room at BW and had to take the BC. SHe did get a decent compensation. Around that time I had seen other reports on the forums that folks were having water issues (flooding) in BW rooms. I suspect, just my opinion, that they have a pipes issue at BW and BWV. And maybe electronic issues too, don't know.

We stayed at BWV in Oct and had some good and some bad things...
We had 2 BR booked for a week and MIL and FIL were supposed to be coming but MIL ended up in hospital 2 days before. So I called MS and asked them if they could break it up to cancel the studio part and just let us keep the 1BR. They did. That was awesome. Our room was ready before 4PM. But I requested 'not close to front portico' but got 2nd closest room to front portico. Checked in right when we arrived and room wasn't ready but desk said we were good to go. Went to Epcot and found our bands would not allow charging (at food booth). Glad I had a CC with me (I always do because of this issue). Next day went back to desk to get bands set to charge and also asked CM if he was able to refund us for MIL and FIL's MNSSHP tickets since they could not come. Told him why. Not only did he credit us for the 2 tickets, he also gave me 2 little Halloween treat gifts from the shop to give to MIL and FIL since they missed the trip. VERY nice customer service there.

Our room was dirty, my feet were black from the floors. The dishwasher didn't work. On trash and towel day the housekeeper knocked and I told her all we needed was to exchange 3 dirty towels for clean (I could have, and should have, just washed them myself but since she was there to refresh towels...why not). She handed me some wash cloths and hand towels and foot towel from her cart and then said she had to go get bath towels. She left for like 3 minutes. Came back and handed me 3 folded towels. I set them on the side of tub. Later, when we showered, I used one and discovered a hard stuck together clear spot (like a goop that dried). I dropped the towel and grabbed an old one I left hanging by the tub. I told DH and he then tells me that his towel, also from that stack of new towels, had pink stains on it. I threw them in washer, hoping they'd come out the same (hard stuck spot was glue or clear nail polish...and pink stains being permanent stains). That way I'd be relieved they were in fact clean. But, no such luck, It all washed out. So she went and got towels from dirty pile and gave me. Gross.

Also the AC was like arctic cold. Could not get it adjusted. Was crazy. And then seemed to shut down at night and be hot.

We also had 2 days, also in a 2BR but dedicated at SSR, at the end. Since MIL and FIL couldn't come I cancelled that and was grabbing up 1BR as I could find. Things were opening as available all week. I kept stalking that search on the member website. I had OKW 1BR for just 1 night, then SSR 1BR for 2 nights, then on the last day at BWV we found BWV 1BR for the 2 nights. It was P/G view though and we were in standard view. I went to desk to ask if we could give up the P/G view to stay in standard view gifting a free upgrade to someone who booked standard view. So we wouldn't have to pack up, drop stuff at bell services and then move it all to new room later in day. She actually told me that I could not because standard view was high demand. I tried to explain that, yes, it was when booking because it's less points but having P/G view would be more desired. She called to back office and that person said the same thing 'standard is more in demand'. Uggghhh, they don't get DVC. They should be trained on it.

Then the next day we pack up and wait until 10:30. I go to desk to ask if we check out right now, would our new room be ready. She said we had to check out first and be out of the room. And she also informed that they were fully booked so it likely would be a while and I should use bell services to hold our stuff. So we lug it all down and check out. As we walk away from desk, to head to 11:40 ADR at the SWGE bar, we get room ready text. I should have just grabbed our stuff back and taken it to room. But there was a long line at Bell Services and all our stuff had already been put in the back and he was afraid we'd be late for ADR.

Just got home from 4 nights at Boardwalk. We've stayed there a few times before and have always liked it a lot. However, this time left something to be desired. First, we didn't get a text about our room being ready. The confirmation said rooms should be ready at 3. We got to our resort at 5:30 and asked at the front desk. The girl we talked to was very nice and apologetic and went into the back to see what she could find out. She came back a few minutes later and said the carpets were wet and someone was going upstairs to find out a status to see if we could get into our room. We went and sat on the patio and waited for a text which she said would come. At 6:00 we went back inside and spoke to the same cast member. She was surprised we were there because "your room was ready 30 seconds after you walked away." I showed her the text from 5 minutes ago apologizing that our room as still not ready. She said that's not the right text. She did give us 3 fast passes and our room number. We went upstairs and just wanted to relax. We'd been traveling since 3:30am. We got to our room and our bands nor our phone worked. Went back downstairs and spoke to the same cast member again. She apologized and asked the lady at the computer to confirm if our room was online. They said it was. They took our magic bands and reset them. We finally got into our room about 6:15 pm. They did not follow us upstairs to make sure it worked, or offer us anything else. The manager on duty left a voicemail on the room phone saying she'd let the hotel manager know and apologized. This had to happen before we got into the room - so they knew it was an issue since the light was flashing when we opened the door.

When I went to shower the next morning I noticed mold along the ceiling and wall, and something sticky on the bathroom wall. Mold. On the wall and in the grout. Housekeeping did come in and make the beds but never restocked the coffee which was a bit annoying. Nor did they repaint the scuffed doors or remove the sticky substance from he wall. I know that I could have gone down and complained, but honestly for as much money as we spent per night - Boardwalk isn't cheap - I shouldn't have to deal with these kinds of issues. It makes me wonder why the carpets were wet to begin with. I will seriously reconsider staying at Boardwalk again. Disney really needs to up their service if they are going to charge that kind of money for a room.

Sorry that happened to you. I have had the worst luck with room texts when I stay at BWV. Something similar happened in us not getting in on time...DVC rooms are 4, not 3..and manager apologized as we should have gotten in earlier then we did. We also got FPs which was nice,

Im sad to hear of the room condition, I agree..no excuse that the room was duty, I could probably overlook the scuffed doors as that might take a room out of service but the rest is not acceptable.

I definitely think it would have been worth a trip to the front desk so that they can train properly whoever it was that signed off they cleaned the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter