Boardwalk Villas - Why so Inexpensive?

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
Hi all. When renting DVC points, why are the Boardwalk standard view rooms less points than any of the other WDW DVC resorts? Is it not as nice as the others? We're staying there for a week beginning Saturday, and we're not re-thinking our choice of staying there or anything..... just curious is all. The only DVC we have stayed at before was SSR, so that's the only resort we'll know to compare it to. BWV location sure beats SSR....

The older resorts have cheaper point charts & had cheaper $$ buy ins when they were built vs. direct prices today. As more resorts are build the $$ per point is more as well as the point charts. I consider it point inflation. We love BWV. The point prices of the garden & BW views are closer in points to some of the other resorts. The standard views are a great value. Supply is limited & depending upon time of travel, you probably have to own there to get a std view.

BWV was the second DVC resort on WDW property.

so like OKW it is cheaper point wise than the others.

Standard view came about (I think) because we were only surpose to get the water views - pool/lagoons

so standard view is really garden view. they are fine. You will see either the HC parking - tennis court - or the drive way going into BW.

love those lower cost points too. especially when the main part of the trip is Epcot.

The older resorts have cheaper point charts & had cheaper $$ buy ins when they were built vs. direct prices today. As more resorts are build the $$ per point is more as well as the point charts. I consider it point inflation. We love BWV. The point prices of the garden & BW views are closer in points to some of the other resorts. The standard views are a great value. Supply is limited & depending upon time of travel, you probably have to own there to get a std view.

Yep, I had to rent from an owner exactly on the 11 month mark or else there was no BW studio villa for us!! :thumbsup2 Ok good, just making sure we weren't going to regret it or anything!!

It's our favorite @ WDW. I would definitely recommend it & think you will have fun on your upcoming trip. We have stayed in the standard views & enjoy them especially the point value. Pool, nightly entertainment, & dining is wonderful. Best community hall IMO.

There are of course different locations for the standard view but this is what we've had in the past. This was looking towards the parking lot and tennis courts. Trade off is a long walk from the lobby and boardwalk.

p1143577772-4.jpg

...so standard view is really garden view. they are fine. You will see either the HC parking - tennis court - or the drive way going into BW.

I wouldn't compare BWV standard view rooms (on DVC points) to garden view at all. You will see a significant amount of street/parking lot/cars from every standard view room. Some of the standard views are not very nice at all, like the one we had recently over the Porte Cochere, by the luggage drop. We heard the beeping of luggage trucks all day and night. However, we still book standard view because of the value and because, well, it's still the Boardwalk!

Now, when you book a BWV room on CASH, a standard view room is one that faces the waterway, not the parking lot. It took me a number of stays to figure this out. So there are two types of standard room. But since you're renting points, you'll get the parking lot view.

I always book standard rooms (one of the reasons I purchased at BWV). The view is not the greatest. If you're too close to the lobby you may encounter the trucks picking up luggage. It's a trade off. If you're close to the lobby you may get the noise of the trucks, but you get close to the elevator. If you want quiet you are far from the lobby and elevator, so a longer walk or take the stairs. Sometimes if you get a high view and close to the lobby you might get a good view of the fireworks at EPCOT. Saving points outweighs views, so we love standard view rooms. But getting standard rooms is not easy since they only make up 20% of the availability.

I always book standard rooms (one of the reasons I purchased at BWV). The view is not the greatest. If you're too close to the lobby you may encounter the trucks picking up luggage. It's a trade off. If you're close to the lobby you may get the noise of the trucks, but you get close to the elevator. If you want quiet you are far from the lobby and elevator, so a longer walk or take the stairs. Sometimes if you get a high view and close to the lobby you might get a good view of the fireworks at EPCOT. Saving points outweighs views, so we love standard view rooms. But getting standard rooms is not easy since they only make up 20% of the availability.

That's what I was thinking, too.

I'm sure we'll love being at the BW.... sure beats Pop or the All Stars!! :lmao: :thumbsup2

I wouldn't compare BWV standard view rooms (on DVC points) to garden view at all. You will see a significant amount of street/parking lot/cars from every standard view room. Some of the standard views are not very nice at all, like the one we had recently over the Porte Cochere, by the luggage drop. We heard the beeping of luggage trucks all day and night. However, we still book standard view because of the value and because, well, it's still the Boardwalk!

ask for a water view - the only water view is near the creek - and that area is pretty nice - yes it is near the HC parking - but all standard views are near something.

also would ask for highest view possible.

The insides of the rooms are the same as the pool or Boardwalk view.
It is our home resort and we book the standard views when we can. I do not think the pool view is worth the extra points. Boardwalk is for a short stay but if we are staying 10 nights and touring a lot not worth the extra points.
We are often across from the bus stop and do not have problems with noise. If high up we can see some of Illuminations the few nights we are in the room.
BW is also very convenient to DHS.

Now, when you book a BWV room on CASH, a standard view room is one that faces the waterway, not the parking lot. It took me a number of stays to figure this out. So there are two types of standard room. But since you're renting points, you'll get the parking lot view.

On the other hand, I saw more road out my window when we stayed at BCV than I've ever seen from any of the standard view rooms we've had - and paid "garden view" points for it at BCV.

There are some BWV preferred view rooms (not Boardwalk, but preferred) with worse views than some of the standard view rooms. The corner rooms that face other rooms come to mind. You may never get a spectacular standard view room, but I don't think its possible to look into someone else's bedroom :)

Standard view rooms at BWV will give you a view of the main entrance, towards the bus stop, or at the very end of the bldg, facing the pond close to the tennis courts. I like the standard view rooms. I tend to book them to maximize my point usage. But, last week I got the dread studio that overlooks the RAC counter!! 3rd floor no less. I had to keep the sheers closed all the time otherwise everyone outside would have known what I was doing!! There was some noise with that room but it wasn't awful. And it was very close to the elevator!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter